This Berry Purple Power Smoothie is pure berry goodness. With a little yogurt and tons of juicy berries, you’ll instantly feel energized.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 large strawberries (fresh preferred; frozen is OK)
- 1/2 cup coconut water*
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt*
- optional: 1 Tablespoon honey, or to taste
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen berries. Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more coconut water if it’s too thick. Taste; then add 1 Tablespoon of honey (or a little more as needed) if the smoothie is too tart. I usually add 1 Tablespoon.
- Serve and enjoy. Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8-10 hours.
- For Thick Smoothies: If using ALL fresh fruit (instead of frozen), I suggest adding a handful of ice to keep the smoothie nice and thick. Frozen raspberries and blueberries are preferred because they lend a lovely thick texture that isn’t icy.
- Coconut Water: If you don’t want to use coconut water or don’t have any, use milk (dairy or nondairy) instead. Coconut milk is tasty here as well.
- Yogurt: I prefer nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, but low fat or full fat are fine too. Use any flavor you like best with these berries or you can use plain.
Keywords: berry purple power smoothie, berry power smoothie