This is my favorite blondie recipe. Use whatever candy bars or goodies you have on hand like chocolate chips or nuts. No mixer required, very little prep work, and unbelievable results. Soft, chewy, buttery perfection.
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups assorted candy bars, chopped (I used Milky Way Midnight, Twix, Snickers, and Butterfinger)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out. (Or spray generously with nonstick spray.)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Add egg and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir together until *just* combined. Fold in the chopped candy bars. The batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Blondies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: candy bar blondies