No mixer required, very little prep work, and unbelievable results. Soft, chewy, buttery perfection.
Right after Halloween, I know you have a bunch tempting chocolate laying around. Whether it’s piled up from the kiddos or leftover from Halloween night. Try to put down that Snickers bar and throw it into some blondie batter. It will taste so much better melted into a brown-sugared, buttery blondie.
Ha! Kidding. Snickers bars taste good no matter what you do with them. But they’re extra fabulous mixed with Butterfingers, Milky Way Midnights, and Twix bars.
I used my favorite blondie base for this recipe. If you love blondies as much as I do, then this basic recipe is one you MUST have on hand. A 5-minute recipe with no mixer or skills required. If you know how to microwave butter, you know how to make these blondies.
They’re undeniably chewy. Fantastically soft. Moist, lush, and dense. They’re flavored with brown sugar and butter, so you know they must be good, right?
The beauty of this simple recipe is that you can customize it based on the goodies you have on hand. Reese’s Cups, Almond Joys, M&Ms, Rolos, Baby Ruths, Kit-Kats, Heath, Nestle Crunch. I could go on and on and on, but now I’m just craving more chocolate.
And if you still have leftover candy after you make your blondies, my Butterfinger cookies are another excellent choice. Thick and chewy with Butterfingers in every bite!
If you don’t have any candy bars around, load the blondies with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate, caramels, or your favorite nuts. I think a caramel pecan blondie would make a perfect treat to add to the Thanksgiving table.Print
This is my favorite blondie recipe. Use whatever candy bars or goodies you have on hand like chocolate chips or nuts. No mixer required, very little prep work, and unbelievable results. Soft, chewy, buttery perfection.
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups assorted candy bars, chopped (I used Milky Way Midnight, Twix, Snickers, and Butterfinger)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out. (Or spray generously with nonstick spray.)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Add egg and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir together until *just* combined. Fold in the chopped candy bars. The batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Blondies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: candy bar blondies