This easy honey chipotle salmon is made with only 5 ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1/3 cup (5 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use 2)
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper*
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 individual salmon fillets (or a large 2 lb. (900g) fillet)
- In a medium bowl, whisk everything together (except for the salmon of course). Place the salmon in a tupperware, baking dish, or zipped-top bag. Pour half of the marinade on top. Give everything a nice shake. Reserve the rest for step 4. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, fire up the grill to medium-high heat or preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
- You can grill the salmon on foil or on a cedar plank. Grill the salmon skin side down for 15 minutes– about 10 minutes per 1-inch inch thickness measured from the thickest part of the fillet or until the thickest part reaches 145°F (63°C) internal heat.
- Or bake the salmon on a lined baking sheet for 15–20 minutes depending on thickness and until the thickest part reaches 145°F (63°C) internal heat.
- Brush the warm salmon with remaining marinade before serving. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
- Chipotle Chili Pepper: Or just use regular chili powder.
Keywords: easy honey chipotle salmon