Greek yogurt apple blueberry bread with zero refined sugar! Made with honey, apples, blueberries, and Greek yogurt, this quick bread is a simple healthy snack or breakfast!
- 1/3 cup (80ml) canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoons (90ml) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (121g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded apple (about 1 apple)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (190g) fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the oil, honey, egg, yogurt, vanilla, and apple together in a medium bowl until combined. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and blueberries together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top of the bread is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Freeze bread for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Special Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls, Box Grater, Measuring Cups, 9×5 Loaf Pan, and Whisk
- Muffins: Prepare batter as instructed. Grease a 12-count muffin pan or use liners. Fill with batter all the way to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (218°C) then, keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) and continue to bake for an additional 13-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 12 muffins.
- Shredded Apple: I use a box grater to shred the apple. I peeled it first. No need to blot the shredded apple before adding to the batter. I bake this bread with either Granny Smith or Fuji apple, but most apple varieties would be great!
Keywords: greek yogurt apple blueberry bread, apple blueberry bread