This honey roasted peanut butter is our favorite way to make nut butter at home. Using just 1 ingredient, you can have sweet peanut butter in about 5 minutes.
- 1 and 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- optional as needed: 1 Tablespoon peanut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- Pulse/process the honey roasted peanuts in a food processor until they go from whole to coarsely chopped to crumbly to finely ground. If the peanuts aren’t grinding down easily, add up to 1 Tablespoon of oil such as canola oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil. Process again until you have a thick and smooth peanut butter. (Feel free to leave a few chunks or even stir in a handful of chopped honey roasted peanuts.)
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Blender/Chopper | Vitamix
- Favorite Brands of Honey Roasted Peanuts: We typically use Planters or Trader Joe’s brands.
- What About Using Plain Peanuts? Instead of honey roasted peanuts, you could use dry roasted plain peanuts and add 1 Tablespoon of honey. If your peanuts are unsalted, add a pinch of salt (or to taste).
Keywords: honey roasted peanut butter, homemade peanut butter