This honey roasted peanut butter is our favorite way to make nut butter at home. Using just 1 ingredient, you can have creamy (or crunchy!) sweet peanut butter in about 5 minutes.
Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Details
- Texture: The consistency of this homemade honey roasted peanut butter is pretty thick and you can control the smoothness. If you prefer a creamy peanut butter, blend/process until it’s smooth. Leave some chunks if you prefer a little texture in your nut butters OR stir in a handful of chopped peanuts at the end.
- Flavor: If you love honey roasted peanuts, you’ll adore them blended down into nut butter. Same flavor, different texture!
- Time: This homemade peanut butter takes about 5 minutes.
What About Using Plain Peanuts?
Instead of honey roasted peanuts, you could use dry roasted plain peanuts and add 1 Tablespoon of honey. If your peanuts are unsalted, add a pinch of salt (or to taste).
Use a Blender or Food Processor
To process the honey roasted peanuts into a smooth consistency, you need something high-powered. We usually use this blender/chopper for making nut butters at home. If you’re looking for a blender recommendation, the Vitamix is known as the gold standard. It’s pricey, but has no problem breaking down even the hardest foods including nuts to make nut butters.
- Note: No matter which processor or blender you use, homemade peanut butter will always be a little grainier than commercially processed.
This honey roasted peanut butter is our favorite way to make nut butter at home. Using just 1 ingredient, you can have sweet peanut butter in about 5 minutes.
- 1 and 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- optional as needed: 1 Tablespoon peanut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- Pulse/process the honey roasted peanuts in a food processor until they go from whole to coarsely chopped to crumbly to finely ground. If the peanuts aren’t grinding down easily, add up to 1 Tablespoon of oil such as canola oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil. Process again until you have a thick and smooth peanut butter. (Feel free to leave a few chunks or even stir in a handful of chopped honey roasted peanuts.)
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Blender/Chopper | Vitamix
- Favorite Brands of Honey Roasted Peanuts: We typically use Planters or Trader Joe’s brands.
- What About Using Plain Peanuts? Instead of honey roasted peanuts, you could use dry roasted plain peanuts and add 1 Tablespoon of honey. If your peanuts are unsalted, add a pinch of salt (or to taste).
Keywords: honey roasted peanut butter, homemade peanut butter