This colorful dessert pizza features a vibrant bounty of summer berries atop a soft sugar cookie crust and thick, tangy lemon cream cheese frosting. Choose your favorite berries to customize this classic summertime dessert!
Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 batch of fruit pizza dough (see Note)*
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz (224g) full-fat block-style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons (43g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups (150g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fresh lemon juice
- assorted fresh berries, such as sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries
- optional glaze: 1 Tablespoon apricot preserves mixed with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Make the crust: Follow the instructions for the fruit pizza dough, steps 1–3. You could also use store-bought sugar cookie dough. Cool crust completely before decorating.
- Make the frosting: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat for 1 minute or until creamy and combined. Spread a thick layer over the cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. To make the optional glaze, whisk together a Tablespoon each of apricot preserves and lemon juice, warm for about 15 seconds in the microwave, then brush on top of the fruit.
- Cut into slices and serve. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Prepare the cookie crust and frosting 1 day in advance—cover each tightly and keep the cookie at room temperature and the frosting in the refrigerator. Frost and assemble the day of serving.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Electric Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer) | Zester | Citrus Juicer | Icing Spatula | Glass Mixing Bowl | Whisk | Pastry Brush
- Sugar Cookie Dough: If you’d like to add a little more flavor to the sugar cookie dough, add 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Pizza Pan: Make sure you aren’t using a pizza crisper pan with the little holes/air vents in it. The pizza pan I use is this nonstick pizza pan.
- Can I make this without a pizza pan? Yes, you can press this crust into a 9–10-inch circle or square on a regular baking sheet or press into a very thin crust in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake time is about the same, usually a minute or two less if using a 9×13-inch pan. No need to chill the cookie dough if using a 9×13-inch pan.
- Can I make this in a half sheet/jelly roll pan? Yes, but double the crust and frosting. Press crust into a greased 12×17-inch pan. About the same bake time. No need to chill the cookie dough if doubling and pressing into a 12×17-inch pan.
Keywords: lemon berry dessert pizza