The SOFTEST Peanut Butter Cookies. They melt in your mouth and are exploding with peanut butter flavor!
- 1/2 cup (113g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) mini M&Ms
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon. Chill the dough for at least 1-2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Drop chilled dough by scant tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. I pressed a few M&Ms on top of the dough balls. Press the balls down (only slightly) since they won’t spread much while baking. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Electric Mixer (Handheld or Stand) | Wooden Spoon | Baking Sheet | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper | Cooling Rack
- Butter: You may use unsalted butter in this recipe. If so, add 1/4 tsp salt with the flour.
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking success tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: peanut butter M&M cookies