The SOFTEST Peanut Butter Cookies. They melt in your mouth and are exploding with peanut butter flavor!
In 100% complete seriousness, I’d like to crown these cookies the most perfect cookie I’ve ever made. That’s high praise for an innocent little peanut butter cookie! They easily take the cake for tastiest, fluffiest, chewiest, and peanut buttery-est cookie I’ve ever had.
The cookies are nothing like the traditional hard, crunchy peanut butter cookies you are used to. The exact opposite, in fact. They are so soft that they will literally melt in your mouth. A peanut butter cookie recipe GOLDMINE.
What I love most about these cookies is just how easy the recipe is. I’ve made them so many times and they never disappoint. Enjoy! 🙂
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Soft, puffy, and thick peanut butter cookies loaded with colorful M&Ms.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) M&Ms
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat. I pressed a few M&Ms on top of the dough balls. Press the balls down (only slightly) since they won't spread much while baking. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Sally's Tip: You may use unsalted butter in this recipe. If so, add 1/4 tsp salt with the flour.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.