Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook

Cookbook available for sale HERE.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook is on sale!

Welcome to my first cookbook! Today, September 20th 2013, is a huge day…

Not only is it exactly 1 year – 365 days – 525,949 minutes – until I marry the man of my dreams, but it is also the day that my very first cookbook “Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies and Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth Fix” is available for sale at any of the online retailers listed & their prices.

♥ (Read pre-sale and giveaway details below!)

Ahhh! I have a few butterflies in my stomach as I’m typing all this. Better go grab a snack…

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

Ok, I’m back.

You see, the past 5 months have been a complete whirlwind for me. I’ve been writing a cookbook manuscript. My entire summer has been spent secretly developing, testing, baking, styling, shooting, editing, and writing 75+ recipes behind the scenes. My second home has been the grocery store.  I have washed the same mixing bowl 400 times. I literally found a sprinkle in my hair.

I even bought a new camera and lens to shoot the entire book!

The cover of the book? That photoshoot took me 5 days, over 300 shots, 12 different napkins, 5 different surfaces, 4 bags of chocolate chips, 3 different plates, arranging sprinkles with tweezers, and stalking the weather for perfect sunny afternoons.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you’ve been getting sneak peeks of my cookbook all summer! Look for #sbacookbook.

75+ recipes, 8 chapters:

• Breads & Muffins (9)
  • Breakfast (8)
  • Brownies & Bars (10)
  • Cakes, Pies, & Crisps (10)
  • Candy & Snacks (9)
  • Cookies (10)
  • Cupcakes (8)
  • Healthy Choices (11)

70+ new and exclusive recipes, and 5 recipes that are already on my blog – a couple of my very favorites that I chose to publish. There are 7 new cookie recipes (peanut butter! oatmeal! sprinkles! butterscotch! macaroons!).  Triple layer cakes, a lot of ice cream cakes, a SKINNY cake, a skinny milkshake, salted caramel drizzle everywhere, and the fluffiest pancakes in the entire world.

Oh, there are TWO pink cakes in the book…

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook recipe

(cake stand from Pier 1… obsessed)

The book concentrates on classic recipes that have been revamped in a modern way. Do you need a go-to oatmeal cookie? A tell-all, be-all pumpkin bread recipe? The best darn brownie recipe ever?!

So, what’s in the book?

* Grams. You asked me for it, so I’m doing it! Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.

* Photos. Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.

* Easy. Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website.  They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.

* Healthy. You don’t have to kiss your skinny jeans good-bye.  My longest chapter is my Healthy Choices section.  I love to revamp indulgent recipes to fit a healthier lifestyle.  I include vegan and gluten free goodies as well.

* Learn. You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.

* Yum. You will also learn that s’mores shouldn’t only be enjoyed around a campfire.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook recipe

Do you like:

• Nutella?
  • Lemon glaze?
  • Peanut butter? Peanut butter CUPS?
  • Almond butter?
  • Cookie dough?
  • Strawberry whipped cream?
  • White chocolate cupcakes?
  • Streusel?
  • Juicy fruit crisp?
  • Cinnamon-roll stuff?
  • Granola?
  • Bananas + chocolate?
  • Coffee + chocolate?
  • Raspberries + chocolate?
  • Chocolate + chocolate?
  • Pound cake?
  • Frozen yogurt?
  • Healthy muffins?
  • Waking up to french toast?
  • Sprinkles?
  • Pumpkin pie?
  • Brown sugar glaze?
  • Chocolate for breakfast?
  • Healthy chocolate?
  • Butterscotch + frosting?
  • Mint-chocolate chip ice cream?
  • Powdered-sugary-ness?

Yeah, you’ll see a ton of all that in my cookbook.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook recipe

That glazed thing you see?  I made it 4 different times. Twice to test it, twice to devour it. That was the day I ran 8 miles. Nothing like a huge slice of coffee-shop inspired goodness to enjoy after a run.

My cookbook is available for sale NOW at any of the online retailers listed (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc).

Life is Short Eat Dessert First Spatula

316 Responses to “Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook”

Amy Mposted October 9, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I can’t believe I didn’t see this post until now – I have been waiting expectantly for your book to go on pre-sale but I have now placed my “order”. So excited for you, have loved reading your posts as you toiled away. Very much looking forward to seeing it live!! Congrats!!

• Sallyreplied on October 10th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hey Amy! Thanks so much for pre-ordering! I am excited for the book too. :) Thank you again!

Erikaposted October 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Congrats Sally!!! Your recipes are AMAZING and your pictures are GORGEOUS!!!! Your site is beyond addictive! Can’t wait to own this cook book!
    So happy for your success!

• Sallyreplied on October 10th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I am so happy you’re excited for my cookbook Erika! Thank you so much for the support and congrats. Means the world to me.

Crystalposted October 11, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I saw that you’re giving some away. How might I be able to win one? I love your goodies and so does my hubby. I tried to get him to bring some to the guys in his unit(US Army 38th combat Engineers @ Fort Lewis WA) but he refuses to share lol

• Sallyreplied on October 13th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Hi Crystal! Be sure to check back in a few months when I will be giving a couple cookbooks away. I am not at the moment. Happy you love making my treats and that your hubs loves to eat them 😉

Irahposted October 12, 2013 at 3:48 am

Hey! Will your book be publish in countries like Singapore?
    Anyway, your recipes are awesome! Love them!

Trishaposted November 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Your recipes are amazing. I was thrilled to discover your cookbook.

• Sallyreplied on November 6th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thank you very much Trisha!

Radhikaposted December 31, 2013 at 8:48 am

Absolutely adore the cover! It’s perfect Sally! Wishing you a happy new year and many more cookery book deals!

• Sallyreplied on December 31st, 2013 at 10:30 am

Thank you Radhika! Happy New Year!

uriposted January 2, 2014 at 9:44 am

hi Sally, I jst got a good news today. a book store in my country told me that your cook book will be available on march 2014. omg can’t wait to grab your cooking book. I love your recipes very very much.
    I always fail in cooking but with your recipes it’s successs.. yeah
    1st cookies that I did is chewy choco chunk cookies. it’s amazing! this recipe bring me to know successful lol. everyone love it so much expecially my family.
    thank you dear for the best recipe.
    but some recipe I can’t make it due to I allergy peanut. poor me.
    now I will keep waiting until march 2014. yahooo. I love your website.
    and I also follow pinterest as well.

• Sallyreplied on January 2nd, 2014 at 10:24 am

Hi Uri! So glad you will be able to purchase my cookbook!! Very happy about that. Thank you for following along, I’m glad you love my recipes and blog!

Antoniaposted January 3, 2014 at 10:19 am

Oh wow, you’re getting married on my birthday! That’s awesome! Your book seems fantastic, i’d love to buy one! Definitely going to get it when it’s out!!

• Sallyreplied on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Thank you Antonia! Hope you enjoy my cookbook. And happy very very very early birthday. 😉

Claireposted January 3, 2014 at 11:00 am

Hi Sally, I’m Claire and I love your blog and recipes so much, I’m wondering if I can be you? (Just kidding, but seriously). I never buy cookbooks but I think I’ll have to buy yours because I use your recipes all the time (omg your soft baked cookies are the best things to hit this planet). Stay groovy and full of sugar,

• Sallyreplied on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Claire. :) What a sweet comment! I appreciate it so much. Hope you love my cookbook!

Youmnaposted January 26, 2014 at 11:44 am

when will your book be released in the UK?

• Sallyreplied on January 26th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

In March!

• Youmnareplied on February 9th, 2014 at 7:49 am

thx sally. I can’t wait to purchase your amazing book.

jayneposted February 6, 2014 at 7:37 am

What can I substitute Graham crackers with in the U.K. ?
    Many thanks

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2014 at 7:44 am

I’m not from the UK, so I cannot be 100% sure. I do know readers have used digestive biscuits with luck. But it depends on the recipe you are asking about.

Sophieposted February 28, 2014 at 9:56 am

Dear Sally, I just wanted to let you know, that your book that I pre-ordered on Amazon Germany has been shipped today! Now the Germans get all the goodness too! I won’t even try to tell you how excited I am ’cause I can’t put it into words! 😉 Bake-athon this weekend!!!
    Love, Sophie

• Sophiereplied on February 28th, 2014 at 10:07 am

Alright. I just realized, that when the book has been shipped by Amazon today, I won’t have it in time to bake this weekend. Well, next weekend it is then. I am getting ahead of myself! All this excitement is getting to me 😉

• Sallyreplied on February 28th, 2014 at 10:51 am

Wow!! That’s so early for shipment in Germany! I’m thrilled for you and all those in Germany who pre-ordered! Love the idea of a bake-athon. Tell me what you make first!

• Sophiereplied on March 1st, 2014 at 12:54 pm

It is here. Yessssss

Sheilaposted March 11, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Hi Sally! My sister ordered me a copy of your cookbook for my birthday (Feb 1st) and it’s here!!!! It is such a beautiful cookbook and the recipes look amazing, as always. I’m so glad you published.

We couldn’t help ourselves, so we started baking as soon as it got here. I think you would be proud with our first recipe selected – peanut butter cookies c:

Best wishes –

• Sallyreplied on March 12th, 2014 at 1:38 pm

VERY happy about your first recipe of choice, Sheila! So happy you finally received the book. Let me know any other recipes you try!

Bobbieposted March 31, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Hi Sally! I first ran across your website/blog after seeing some of your recipes on Pinterest. I have tried many of your recipes and I love them. Wednesday is my sister’s birthday and she is a baker extraordinaire. I order your cookbook for her on Saturday and she received it today and LOVED it. She raved about the pictures and the directions. I’m so excited, I ordered one for myself today and anxiously await it’s deliver on Wednesday!

• Sallyreplied on March 31st, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Woohoo! That’s so great, Bobbie – thank you! I hope you or your sis bake a treat for her birthday this week! Enjoy.

Tonyaposted October 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

I just found you through Pinterest, looked over some of your recipes, and ordered your book through Amazon. Literally. Just seconds ago. I’m so stinkin excited! :)

• Sallyreplied on October 18th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Thank you so much Tonya! I’m excited for you to receive it – let me know any recipes you try!

Del's cooking twistposted January 27, 2015 at 10:47 am

Hi Sally! I’m totally in love/obsessed with your cookbook and I keep telling everyone how much your recipes are just perfection to me! I baked a few batches of your Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies (slightly slightly adapted) that we find on your cookbook and finally decided to share the recipe on my blog with my readers. Here’s a quick preview of the recipe re-made by Del’s cooking twist: Of course I mention your name in the recipe :) Thanks again for spreading the love for baking around you! Cheers!

• Sallyreplied on January 27th, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Yours look wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing my recipe. I’m so happy you are enjoying my book!

Chelleposted February 3, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I love all your recipes!!! I print a handful at a time and take myself to the kitchen!! I am trying to open up a bakery on my own and you are an inspiration!!! Thank you!

Brenposted May 16, 2015 at 9:44 am

Sally, just wanted to share with you what a pleasure it is to make your recipies. Let me begin by saying I work @ a very large department store in fragrances & the day before Mother’s Day I brought in your oatmeal rainsin cookies but added a twist by sandwiching with icing in between each other. (Double Doozies) They were delish. Father’s Day is next already planning the next recipie. Great Job Sally you rock girl :)

• Sallyreplied on May 16th, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Thank you Bren! And I love your creation of the sandwich cookies.

Andreaposted June 9, 2015 at 6:15 am

There are no words to truly describe how delicious your recipies are, and how well they always turn out (fails have only occurred when I try shortcuts or don’t follow directions correctly haha)! When I’m searching for a new recipe on Pinterest, if you’ve got it, I use yours, I know it will work out. So, I ordered this one for myself, and for two of my friends I ordered this one, and preordered your next. I will continue to stalk my mailman until it arrives… and then… watch out kitchen!

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2015 at 11:30 am

Thank you so, so much Andrea! Let me know which cookbook recipes you try!

monicaposted September 23, 2015 at 7:43 am

Sally, I made your oatmeal raisin cookies this past week, and they were a HIT! Literally gone in 1 day. Thank you for sharing, I just ordered your books today! Looking forward to making more of your treats!