Accessibility Statement for Sally’s Baking Addiction Website
Sally’s Baking Addiction is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Sally’s Baking Addiction takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Sally’s Baking Addiction Website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Sally’s Baking Addiction Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Sally’s Baking Addiction Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Sally’s Baking Addiction Website:
- E-mail: [email protected]
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Sally’s Baking Addiction Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
Sally’s Baking Addiction Website is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of Sally’s Baking Addiction Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Sally’s Baking Addiction Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Sally’s Baking Addiction Website:
- Color contrast throughout the website: The pink and light blue colors throughout the website do not have enough contrast because the color palette chosen for the original website did not comply with WCAG standards. We’re in the process of a full redesign project that will employ an accessible color palette and are aiming for completion in 2021. Please email [email protected] to report any issues you encounter.
- Missing alt text on images: Many of the images in the image library are missing alt text because Images were initially uploaded to the website without alt text. We’re going through our full media library to ensure all images on the website have alt text. With almost 10 years of content this will take some time, but we’re actively working on it. Please email [email protected] to report any issues you encounter.
- Missing form labels: A few opt-in forms on the website are missing form labels because The vendor we use for the optin forms for our email newsletter does not currently provide accessible form labels. We’re working directly with our email newsletter vendor to provide more accessible forms that include proper labels. Please email [email protected] to report any issues you encounter.
- Missing video captions: You may encounter videos with missing captions. We are working on updating our video library with WCAG 2.1 compliant video captions. Please email [email protected] to report any issues you encounter.
Please email [email protected] to report any issues you encounter and we will do our best to address the issue as quickly as possible.
This statement was created on 20 August 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.