Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook
Cookbook available for sale HERE.
Welcome to my first cookbook! Today, September 20th 2013, is a huge day…
Not only is it exactly 1 year – 365 days – 525,949 minutes – until I marry the man of my dreams, but it is also the day that my very first cookbook “Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies and Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth Fix” is available for sale at any of the online retailers listed & their prices.
♥ (Read pre-sale and giveaway details below!)
Ahhh! I have a few butterflies in my stomach as I’m typing all this. Better go grab a snack…
Ok, I’m back.
You see, the past 5 months have been a complete whirlwind for me. I’ve been writing a cookbook manuscript. My entire summer has been spent secretly developing, testing, baking, styling, shooting, editing, and writing 75+ recipes behind the scenes. My second home has been the grocery store. I have washed the same mixing bowl 400 times. I literally found a sprinkle in my hair.
I even bought a new camera and lens to shoot the entire book!
The cover of the book? That photoshoot took me 5 days, over 300 shots, 12 different napkins, 5 different surfaces, 4 bags of chocolate chips, 3 different plates, arranging sprinkles with tweezers, and stalking the weather for perfect sunny afternoons.
75+ recipes, 8 chapters:
- Breads & Muffins (9)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brownies & Bars (10)
- Cakes, Pies, & Crisps (10)
- Candy & Snacks (9)
- Cookies (10)
- Cupcakes (8)
- Healthy Choices (11)
70+ new and exclusive recipes, and 5 recipes that are already on my blog – a couple of my very favorites that I chose to publish. There are 7 new cookie recipes (peanut butter! oatmeal! sprinkles! butterscotch! macaroons!). Triple layer cakes, a lot of ice cream cakes, a SKINNY cake, a skinny milkshake, salted caramel drizzle everywhere, and the fluffiest pancakes in the entire world.
Oh, there are TWO pink cakes in the book…
(cake stand from Pier 1… obsessed)
The book concentrates on classic recipes that have been revamped in a modern way. Do you need a go-to oatmeal cookie? A tell-all, be-all pumpkin bread recipe? The best darn brownie recipe ever?!
So, what’s in the book?
* Grams. You asked me for it, so I’m doing it! Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
* Photos. Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.
* Easy. Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.
* Healthy. You don’t have to kiss your skinny jeans good-bye. My longest chapter is my Healthy Choices section. I love to revamp indulgent recipes to fit a healthier lifestyle. I include vegan and gluten free goodies as well.
* Learn. You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.
* Yum. You will also learn that s’mores shouldn’t only be enjoyed around a campfire.
Do you like:
- Lemon glaze?
- Peanut butter? Peanut butter CUPS?
- Almond butter?
- Cookie dough?
- Strawberry whipped cream?
- White chocolate cupcakes?
- Juicy fruit crisp?
- Cinnamon-roll stuff?
- Bananas + chocolate?
- Coffee + chocolate?
- Raspberries + chocolate?
- Chocolate + chocolate?
- Pound cake?
- Frozen yogurt?
- Healthy muffins?
- Waking up to french toast?
- Pumpkin pie?
- Brown sugar glaze?
- Chocolate for breakfast?
- Healthy chocolate?
- Butterscotch + frosting?
- Mint-chocolate chip ice cream?
Yeah, you’ll see a ton of all that in my cookbook.
That glazed thing you see? I made it 4 different times. Twice to test it, twice to devour it. That was the day I ran 8 miles. Nothing like a huge slice of coffee-shop inspired goodness to enjoy after a run.
My cookbook is available for sale NOW at any of the online retailers listed (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc).