This corn black bean & avocado salsa is a party in a bowl, if you will. Loaded with chunks of avocado, plus plenty of black beans, cilantro, lime, red onion, and flavor – this is a quintessential dip for chips, but also acts as a wonderful side dish salad.
I promise you one thing: you won’t stop eating this.
Tell Me About This Corn Black Bean & Avocado Salsa
- Texture: For texture lovers, this salsa is a dream come true. There’s something different in every single bite which makes it hard (actually IMPOSSIBLE) to stop eating it. You’ll never get bored!
- Flavor: You’ll enjoy many different flavors like salty, tangy, and a little bit sweet from the corn. Plus, the lime juice gives it incredible zing.
- Ease: This is a very easy dip, salsa, and side dish recipe because everything goes into 1 bowl. Mix it up and you’re done. Like homemade pesto and mango guacamole, this is “hardly a recipe” recipe since it’s so very simple.
- Time: Total prep time is 10 minutes. It tastes best after at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Success Tips for Corn Black Bean & Avocado Salsa
- Experiment with the corn. You can use fresh or canned. For an extra burst of flavor, try roasted corn.
- Talk about flexibility. The great thing about this recipe is that you can adapt it to what you like. Dislike onions? Leave them out. Not a fan of cilantro? Skip it. Don’t like spice? Forget the cayenne or jalapeño. For a fruity twist, add diced mango. Shall I go on? Seriously, this is the most adaptable recipe. Have fun with it.
- Let it sit. For the best flavor, let the prepared salsa sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day before serving. The flavors will mingle and intensify during this time. Because they’re mixed with lime juice, you don’t have to worry about the avocados browning.
How to Serve This Salsa
- with crunchy chips
- as a side salad alongside dishes like sweet chili chicken, jalapeño turkey burgers, or honey chipotle salmon
- topping on grilled chicken
No matter how you serve it, I guarantee there won’t be any leftovers.Print
This corn black bean & avocado salsa is loaded with avocado, black beans, corn, and cilantro. It’s perfect as a chip dip or side salad.
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh, canned, or frozen (and thawed) corn kernels
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned (cooked) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- optional: 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- Add everything to a large bowl. Stir. Taste and add more salt/pepper/cayenne as needed.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 day before enjoying. I find its flavor is best after an hour or so. (The lime juice and red onion keeps the avocado from turning brown.)
- This recipe is so forgiving! Feel free to sub ingredients and spices in and out according to your tastes. Sometimes I add diced mango for a fruity, refreshing twist.
Keywords: corn avocado salsa