You’ll also love my funfetti cheesecake!
When you can’t decide between cheesecake, funfetti, or chocolate chip cookies for dessert… have all three!
From now on, let’s celebrate Funfetti Fridays. Fridays are a perfect excuse for sprinkles, right?! T-G-I-Funfetti.
Last week, I shared a Cookie Dough Cupcake of sorts with you. I took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and baked them as cookie cups. Baking cookie dough in cupcake pans means there is no room for the cookies to spread! Then I topped those cookie cups with egg-free (safe-to-eat!) cookie dough frosting. Oh heavens, they are good:
Brainstorming another excuse to make chocolate chip cookie cups, I began thinking of how tasty funfetti is with chocolate chip cookies. Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookie, anyone? (<– most popular recipe on my website!) And how tasty is cheesecake with chocolate chip cookies? I once had a fat slice of chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake at a restaurant and I think I fainted from how good it was. So today’s recipe was born from my love for chocolate chip cookies, my love for funfetti, and my love for cheesecake. A trifecta of awesome.
Sprinkles & chocolate chips are just meant to be…
I won’t walk you through how to make the chocolate chip cookie cups again, but it’s helpful to know just how darn good they are. The chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for cornstarch in the dough – cornstarch makes the cookies unbelievably soft and thick, much like it does to soups, pie fillings, and gravies. Make the cookie dough (no dough chilling required!), press 1.5 Tablespoons of it into each lined cupcake tin and bake for 10 minutes before making the cheesecake layer. My super-soft, thick chocolate chip cookie cups act as the funfetti cheesecake crust today.
The cheesecake layer is laughably easy. Grab two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 egg, 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of sprinkles. I may or may not have added even more sprinkles, but that’s beside the point. Add as many sprinkles as you want. It’s no secret that I am a sprinkle fiend. What? I can’t help it.
Take the chocolate chip cookie cup “crusts” out of the oven at 10 minutes. Spoon 1 heaping Tablespoon of the cheesecake batter on top and return to the oven to bake for about 18 minutes longer. There, you’re done. Wasn’t that easy?
You will love sinking your teeth into these cookie cups. I mean, you’re getting two desserts in one! Soft, chewy cookies + creamy cheesecake. Funfetti + chocolate chip cookies. Needless to say, we gobbled these up like there is no tomorrow.
The recipe makes 24 cookie cups, perfect for a birthday party, thank-goodness-it’s-spring-party, or a Funfetti Friday party. Use different colored sprinkles for different occasions like Christmas, Halloween, bridal/baby showers, Valentine’s Day, etc. I’m pretty sure there is no wrong way to use sprinkles here.
Ask yourself this: What can make a cheesecake better? Funfetti is probably the answer.
And what can make THAT even better? Cookies, of course.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
More funfetti recipes to love:
- Funfetti cheesecake
- Funfetti slice ‘n’ bake cookies
- Soft & fluffy funfetti cupcakes
- Funfetti buttercreams
- Funfetti layer cake
- Funfetti sheet cake
- Funfetti cookies supreme
- Funfetti sugar cookie cake
- Funfetti buttermilk pancakes
- Baked funfetti donuts
- Funfetti Golden Oreo fudge
Funfetti Cheesecake Cookie Cups
When you can't decide between cheesecake, funfetti, or chocolate chip cookies for dessert… have all three!
- 3/4 cup (170g) ) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature preferred
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups (225g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Funfetti Cheesecake Layer
- 16 ounces (448g) cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping cup sprinkles (not the little ball sprinkles, aka nonpareils; those will bleed their color)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two 12 count muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
- Make the cookie cups: In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
- Press 1.5 Tablespoons of dough into each muffin liner. Bake for only 10 minutes. They will not be cooked through at this point, but they will be going back in the oven.
- Make the funfetti cheesecake: With a hand-held mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Stir in the sprinkles, making sure not to overmix so their color does not bleed. Dollop 1 heaping Tablespoon of cheesecake batter onto each cookie cup, spreading it to make sure it completely covers the cookie.
- Return the cookie cups to the oven and continue to bake for about 18 more minutes, making sure the tops of the cheesecake does not get too brown. The cups are done in the oven when the cheesecake topping no longer jiggles when you shake the pan. Cover the cups with aluminum foil if the tops are getting too brown too soon. Allow to cool and enjoy. Makes 24 cups. Cookie cups stay fresh covered at room temperature for 12-24 hours, and then must be refrigerated after that for up to 4 more days.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Today’s cookie cups could not have been made without my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.