Super-moist banana bread swirled with Nutella and peanut butter cups. There won’t be a crumb leftover!
I don’t really think you need any convincing about how dangerously delicious this banana bread is. Because if you don’t like peanut butter and you don’t like Nutella…. then you are certainly lost on Sally’s Baking Addiction.
After I taste a new recipe, I usually have Kevin, a coworker, or a friend taste it as well… just to get a second opinion. Knowing that I like something AND other people like it too gives me confidence in the recipe and then I’m excited to share it on the blog!
Well, um not this time. I literally took one bite of this bread and said out loud “You are sooo good.” I was alone in my apartment and I was talking to bread. I didn’t need any reinforcement from taste testers. This bread is so dang good.
It is dense, luscious, and full of everything I love about life: smooth, creamy peanut butter. Mini Reese’s cups. Semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweet ripe bananas, and Nutella. A LOT of swirled Nutella. And it has whole wheat flour and fruit it in so it’s practically a health food. Moving along…
The brown sugar and ripe bananas make this bread so incredibly moist. I mentioned how to get perfectly moist banana bread when I shared my Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread the other week. The secret? Very ripe bananas. Like mostly brown and practically rotten. Trust me.
While the baking time is long, this bread really is a thoughtless and quick recipe. Mix everything together, but do not over mix, pour into a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Forget about it. Wash your hair. Vacuum the carpet. Have a dance party by yourself. All the while, a dreamy creamy peanut buttery Nutella swirled wonder is baking up in your oven, making your house smell amazing.
Is your mouth totally watering yet?!? Because I can hardly control myself looking at these pictures and I only have ONE SLICE left! Must.Make.More.
Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups* (about 12 Reese’s miniatures)
- 1/3 cup (60g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons (56g) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be very thick. Do not overmix. Fold in Reese’s cups and chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan. Drop 3 tablespoons of Nutella on top of bread in a row. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Baking times may vary. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack. I let my bread cool for about 2 hours before cutting into it.
- Bread stays fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Do not overmix the batter! Overmixed batter leads to tough, crumbly baked goods.
*The Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are optional. If you leave them out, add 1/2 cup more semi-sweet chocolate chips, if desired.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
In case you missed it, here is my Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread.
You will also love my Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread:
And I can’t leave out my White Chocolate Chip Mango Banana Bread – simply incredible! Mangoes are my favorite fruit of all time. And there is plenty of them in this bread!