My second cookbook, Sally’s Candy Addiction cookbook was published in 2015. This cookbook, complete with 75 photographed recipes, showcases my love for candy. You will find how-to’s, tips, tricks, and recipes for everything from toffee and fudge to truffles and marshmallows. Plus, a chapter filled with cupcakes, cookies, and cakes using candy such as Snickers, M&Ms, and more.
Inside Sally’s Candy Addiction:
- Each recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
- Each recipe has a photograph that I styled and shot.
- Each recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced candy makers.
- You’ll learn a few important candy making techniques, shortcuts, and lessons including how to properly cook candy and temper chocolate.
- Each recipe includes the prep time and cook time to help you plan ahead.
- I share every kitchen tool you’ll need to make the candy recipes, including how many baking pans, their sizes, and my favorite brands.
- I share helpful information about key ingredients used in the recipes.
- All 75 recipes have introductions describing the recipe, how I came up with it, and/or sharing a short personal story about the recipe. Likewise, each chapter has an opening paragraph describing what’s ahead and giving a few helpful tips.
Since I could not be together to cook and bake for family during the pandemic at Christmas I wanted to make some goodies to send to family members. I gotta say the candied pecans are to die for!!! I did not use almonds (allergies) and I substitued monk sugar for real sugar (diabetics can eat this) and it is now going to be a family holiday treat. I will admit that chocolate recipes have taken me a few tries but I think I got it. Great book with lots of yummy things to make. Easy to follow instructions and the photos are good, too. Highly recommend.
I’ve made countless recipes from Sally’s blog and her first cookbook. I’ve only made a couple recipes from this book so far, but they have all turned out great. The pumpkin spice toffee was addicting- we could not stop eating it and I have pretty good self control. I love that she explains some of the things about candy making that make it seem overwhelming. Some of the recipes are more difficult, but she gives enough directions and tips so I feel like I can handle them. I love candy making because it requires more precision than baking so when your product turns out amazing you feel like you accomplished something great. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to make candy that does not have much experience with it
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cookbook! The pictures are beautiful and all the recipes look so good! I have made a couple of the recipes from this book already and they have turned out perfectly. I can’t wait to make more recipes from this book! I love the baking section in the back of the book for those of us who are bakers at heart. I am going to make the milky way cake for my birthday in a couple of weeks!