Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I may or may not be spoiling you with breakfast recipes this week.  Take a peek at my Mini (no yeast) Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns and Strawberry Frosted Donuts if you missed them. :)

When I was little, my mom (hi mom!) would buy the variety pack of Entenmann’s Donuts for my sisters and I.  The variety packs included chocolate frosted donuts, powdered donuts, and cinnamon-sugar donuts.  I went completely bonkers for the cinnamon-sugar kind.  I may or may not have hoarded them, but that’s neither here nor there…

And to be honest, the combination of cinnamon and sugar has remained a favorite of mine for years.  A sprinkle of cinnamon + sugar on my rye toast, an unbaked snickerdoodle cookie taking a generous roll into a cinnamon-sugar pool, and of course, the said Entenmann’s cinnamon-sugar donuts.  The light spice of cinnamon and the sweet dash of sugar is a simple way to bring back many fond childhood memories!

Nutella Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Today I’m bringing you a wholesome recipe featuring the ultimate cinnamon-sugar duo.  But these guys have a secret delicacy hiding inside.  The sweet, fudgy-hazelnut love of my life: Nutella!  Adore.

This simple muffin recipe  bakes up 8 whole-wheat muffins tasting just like cake donuts.  The muffins are soft and very tall, using the tricks I shared in this post.  Be sure to read that post if you loathe flat, dry muffins like I do. The batter is lightly spiced with cinnamon & nutmeg and coated with melted butter and GENEROUSLY topped with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.  They are stuffed with burst of Nutella and taste completely sinful warm out of the oven.

Nutella Cinnamon Sugar Muffins by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Reasons why I love these muffins:

(1) they taste like my beloved Entenmann’s cinnamon-sugar donuts. WIN.
(2) They are SO easy & quick to make – the batter is mixed up in only 1 bowl!
(3) The recipe only yields 8, so I’m not stuck eating leftover muffins for days on end… which actually wouldn’t be so bad, would it?!
(4) It’s fun to overlook the melted butter on top and pretend these are healthy. 😉

Paired with a warm cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk, these muffins bring back memories of my favorite cinnamon-sugar donuts from when I was a youngster.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

**For the recipe, visit my updated post for Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.**

Nutella Stuffed Muffins-2

I recently updated this post.  For the same beloved recipe, be sure to check out my recent Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.**

135 Responses to “Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.”

Viënnaposted November 14, 2012 at 7:46 am

I just watched a video of this recipe and the girl linked your website. OMG I’m so glad that I found your website. I just made these and they taste amazing!!! Only I didn’t use Nutella because I’m Lactose intolerant. I used dark chocolate.

• Sallyreplied on November 14th, 2012 at 11:46 am

A video of someone making these muffins? that is SO cool! I am so glad you enjoy them Vienna! Very nice to hear that. I need to make these again soon – they are my favorite muffins :)

• Viënnareplied on November 14th, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Yes this is the link of the girl making them:

I just made a blogpost about the muffins. I hope that’s ok? I’ve put your website & recipe in the credits.

Josieposted December 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I just made your Nutella stuffed cinnamons sugar Muffins and OMG they are amazing. Its literally the first thing that I’ve ever baked from scratch and not a box as well as from your blog 😀 ! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes and ideas. xo Josie!

• Sallyreplied on December 15th, 2012 at 7:53 am

Josie! I am SO very glad to hear that. It’s a very easy recipe and when I want something a tad decadent, but easy to make on a weekend morning, these are it! Thank you for letting me know that you loved them. :)

israposted December 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm

hi! these turned out great. i wanted to make double the amount so does that mean i just double the amount for each ingredient? and do i still leave it in the oven the same amount of time if there is twice the amount?

• Sallyreplied on December 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Hi Isra – to double the recipe, you will need twice the amount of each ingredient. Doubling the amount means 16-18 muffins, which could not all bake at once. You will need to bake in two batches. Do not adjust the oven time if you double the recipe.

Amyyyyposted December 20, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I tried this recipe and I love it ! But I had a small problem. The oil from the muffins gushed out when they were cooked in the oven. Is this normal? I used silicone muffins tray.

• Sallyreplied on December 20th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Hi Amy – I am confused. There is no oil in this recipe…?

• Amyyyyreplied on December 21st, 2012 at 6:25 am

im sorry, i mean butter here *

Taylorposted December 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Hey Sally! I made these muffins a few months ago, and I’m just now putting them on my blog becaaaauseee…my family (especially me!) loved them SO much that we are making them for Christmas Day breakfast! We’ve had a tradition where we make blueberry crumb muffins (from a box..but they’re surprisingly very yummy each year) every Christmas morning, but I loved these so much that I convinced my parents if we could make this instead for a little twist on the tradition. They gave in as soon as they took the first bite of course(: They are my new favorite muffin of all time…maybe even the best baked good of all time as well! I just wanted to thank you for creating these magnificent little delights, and setting up a new tradition in my family! :) Happy Holidays!
    ~Taylor

• Sallyreplied on December 22nd, 2012 at 8:38 am

BEST baked good of all time?? Oh my goodness! What an amazing thing to hear. Thank you so much Taylor, I really really appreciate your comment. I adore these muffins and have to make them again ASAP! Merry Christmas and ENJOY!!

Andreaposted December 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm

another awesome recipe, sally! you were not kidding when you say SKY HIGH. i am obsessed with how big these baked up!! love. thanks for the tips!!!

• Sallyreplied on December 31st, 2012 at 8:16 am

Thanks Andrea! I know – the height of these muffins is incredible. I love how tall they are – like the kind of muffins you find at bakeries!

• Andreareplied on December 31st, 2012 at 10:48 am

I know you can’t speak for every recipe, but do you find in general that you can use this high heat trick for muffins and cupcakes? I think I am going to experiment…I LOVE the result. Happy New Year!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2013 at 9:11 am

Happy New Year Andrea! I prefer my cupcakes to have flat tops so the frosting can sit on them nicely and evenly. But yes, this would work with cupcakes as well!

Tharsiniposted December 31, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Sally, these were the best muffins I’ve ever made! They were so moist and soft! Thanks for sharing your wonderful little secrets and Happy New Year!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2013 at 9:08 am

That is AWESOME to hear Tharsini! Thanks so much for letting me know you loved them. Happy New Year!

kikiposted January 1, 2013 at 3:39 am

wow thank you! i think i have struck gold with your blog! will definitely be trying those muffins and back tracking thru all your other lovely recipies! thank for sharing x kiki

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2013 at 9:10 am

struck gold?? Wow! What a compliment. Thanks so much! I’m glad you enjoy these muffins as much as I do!

Herbivore Triathleteposted January 8, 2013 at 3:57 pm

OK, so if this makes 8 muffins, what do you do with the 4 empty muffin spots in the tin?

I’d like to try this recipe with Biscoff I think, that stuff is awesome.

• Sallyreplied on January 8th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

fill the empty tins with water to assure even baking, I went ahead and noted that above. sorry if that wasn’t clear!

Herbivore Triathleteposted January 8, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Thanks Sally! I skimmed the recipe and didn’t read it close enough or I would’ve seen where you noted that, sorry.

Nicolaposted January 15, 2013 at 8:31 am

Hi! i made these as a last minute dessert option for friends coming over for dinner. they were rustled up in next to no time and turned out beautifully, ive never had muffins rise so high before! i heated them up and served with vanila icecream an dthey went down a storm – especially the hidden nutella centre! will be making these again very soon! thanks!X x

• Sallyreplied on January 15th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Love the idea of serving it with ice cream, Nicola! Brilliant. Just brilliant! So glad you loved these as much as I do. :)

Yvonne @ bitter bakerposted January 18, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I have never been a huge fan of muffins, but these look amazing! Can’t say I wasn’t lured in by the nutella :)

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Nutella works in magical ways. 😉

Alyssaposted January 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I just made them and absolutely loved them! I think i have baked at least 4 recipes from you in the past 3 days, love them all!! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

That’s wonderful Alyssa! I love these muffins too. HAven’t made them in a couple months. I need to get on that. :) Glad you’ve had luck and like a couple of my other recipes too!

Melposted January 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I just made these and they are absolutely delicious! I’m a huge fan of nutella and these muffins really hit the spot. I can’t wait to try some of your other recipes :)

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know Mel! I love these too. Let me know what else you try!

parkerposted January 20, 2013 at 2:14 pm

The cinnamon sugar nutella muffins are wonderful! I didn’t end up topping them with cinnamon sugar and I used my mini muffin pan, regardless, these were a hit! Very delicious and great if you like cinnamon sugar. I will be making these again, thanks for a great recipe!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

i love making them into mini muffins! i’m so glad you enjoyed them! thanks for letting me know. :)

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggiesposted January 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm

You need to not link from one delicious recipe to another delicious recipe. My pants might not fit by tomorrow at this rate.

Kateposted February 1, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I’ve been coming back to this recipe almost daily since I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and today I finally was able to buy a jar of Nutella and make them. It was DEFINITELY worth the wait. Some of the tops of the muffins fell off which made putting the cinnamon sugar on top kind of difficult, but they taste wonderful anyway. They are sweet enough to have as a dessert and muffin-y enough to have for breakfast (or that’s what I’m telling myself, don’t ruin it for me). I’m in college and all of my roommates send you compliments as well. Thank you for the amazing recipe!

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2013 at 2:20 pm

sweet enough for dessert and muffin-y enough for breakfast. You are too funny Kate! Tell your roomies thank you so much and thank you as well Kate! I love hearing reports back about my recipes. PS: I freaking LOVE Nutella. :)

Janiceposted February 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I made the nutella muffins….my family loved them!! The hard top with the gooey center. :) I’ve promised my daughter I’d make a 2nd batch tomorrow. Thank you for such a great recipe!

• Sallyreplied on February 4th, 2013 at 10:12 pm

SO glad to hear that Janice! I make these all the time 😉 They are always a hit!

K. Wolfposted April 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I just found your site today and made these marvelous muffins this morning during a Skype-baking session with my boyfriend. AMAZING! Your recipes are incredible and I can’t wait to try them all out!

KaylenePposted April 9, 2013 at 6:37 am

OMG I must leave this website or I may just explode from seeing all the yummy recipes that I want to make :) These nutella stuffed muffins look sooo good. I will definitely be back soon to check out some more recipes. My waist line might suffer though!

• Sallyreplied on April 9th, 2013 at 8:38 am

ahhh so sorry Kaylene! Let me know if you make these muffins – they are a favorite.

Kaliaposted April 21, 2013 at 3:06 am

Had to leave a comment! These muffins are absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to try some more of your recipes.

• Sallyreplied on April 21st, 2013 at 8:40 am

Hey Kalia! THanks for reporting back – I am making these muffins this morning! I love them. Let me know what else you try!

Jamieposted April 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm

We’ll be celebrating our daughter’s 2nd birthday tomorrow with these for breakfast! Our kids go nuts for Nutellla (not something they get all the time) We love all your recipes so I know they’ll love these too! Thanks for sharing :)

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

How perfect. :) Hope you enjoy – and happy birthday to your daughter!

Codie Zofiaposted May 1, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe Sally! I just made them and they are to die for! I will definitely be making them again! Nutella and cinnamon, you honestly can’t get much better then that!

I posted the final product on my blog here: http://wearingwanderlust.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/recipe-nutella-stuffed-cinnamon-sugar.html

Thank you so much again! Adore your blog!

Codie
    xx

• Sallyreplied on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:43 am

Headed to go check the out now, Codie! Thanks!

kathleenposted July 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Found your blog on pinterest and just loved these muffins! Shared! Awesome find!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks