Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I may or may not be spoiling you with breakfast recipes this week.  Take a peek at my Mini (no yeast) Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns and Strawberry Frosted Donuts if you missed them. :)

When I was little, my mom (hi mom!) would buy the variety pack of Entenmann’s Donuts for my sisters and I.  The variety packs included chocolate frosted donuts, powdered donuts, and cinnamon-sugar donuts.  I went completely bonkers for the cinnamon-sugar kind.  I may or may not have hoarded them, but that’s neither here nor there…

And to be honest, the combination of cinnamon and sugar has remained a favorite of mine for years.  A sprinkle of cinnamon + sugar on my rye toast, an unbaked snickerdoodle cookie taking a generous roll into a cinnamon-sugar pool, and of course, the said Entenmann’s cinnamon-sugar donuts.  The light spice of cinnamon and the sweet dash of sugar is a simple way to bring back many fond childhood memories!

Nutella Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Today I’m bringing you a wholesome recipe featuring the ultimate cinnamon-sugar duo.  But these guys have a secret delicacy hiding inside.  The sweet, fudgy-hazelnut love of my life: Nutella!  Adore.

This simple muffin recipe  bakes up 8 whole-wheat muffins tasting just like cake donuts.  The muffins are soft and very tall, using the tricks I shared in this post.  Be sure to read that post if you loathe flat, dry muffins like I do. The batter is lightly spiced with cinnamon & nutmeg and coated with melted butter and GENEROUSLY topped with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.  They are stuffed with burst of Nutella and taste completely sinful warm out of the oven.

Nutella Cinnamon Sugar Muffins by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Reasons why I love these muffins:

(1) they taste like my beloved Entenmann’s cinnamon-sugar donuts. WIN.
(2) They are SO easy & quick to make - the batter is mixed up in only 1 bowl!
(3) The recipe only yields 8, so I’m not stuck eating leftover muffins for days on end… which actually wouldn’t be so bad, would it?!
(4) It’s fun to overlook the melted butter on top and pretend these are healthy. ;)

Paired with a warm cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk, these muffins bring back memories of my favorite cinnamon-sugar donuts from when I was a youngster.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

**For the recipe, visit my updated post for Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.**

Nutella Stuffed Muffins-2

I recently updated this post.  For the same beloved recipe, be sure to check out my recent Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.**

135 Responses to “Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins.”

Janiceposted February 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I made the nutella muffins….my family loved them!! The hard top with the gooey center. :) I’ve promised my daughter I’d make a 2nd batch tomorrow. Thank you for such a great recipe!

• Sallyreplied on February 4th, 2013 at 10:12 pm

SO glad to hear that Janice! I make these all the time ;) They are always a hit!

K. Wolfposted April 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I just found your site today and made these marvelous muffins this morning during a Skype-baking session with my boyfriend. AMAZING! Your recipes are incredible and I can’t wait to try them all out!

KaylenePposted April 9, 2013 at 6:37 am

OMG I must leave this website or I may just explode from seeing all the yummy recipes that I want to make :) These nutella stuffed muffins look sooo good. I will definitely be back soon to check out some more recipes. My waist line might suffer though!

• Sallyreplied on April 9th, 2013 at 8:38 am

ahhh so sorry Kaylene! Let me know if you make these muffins – they are a favorite.

Kaliaposted April 21, 2013 at 3:06 am

Had to leave a comment! These muffins are absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to try some more of your recipes.

• Sallyreplied on April 21st, 2013 at 8:40 am

Hey Kalia! THanks for reporting back – I am making these muffins this morning! I love them. Let me know what else you try!

Jamieposted April 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm

We’ll be celebrating our daughter’s 2nd birthday tomorrow with these for breakfast! Our kids go nuts for Nutellla (not something they get all the time) We love all your recipes so I know they’ll love these too! Thanks for sharing :)

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

How perfect. :) Hope you enjoy – and happy birthday to your daughter!

Codie Zofiaposted May 1, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe Sally! I just made them and they are to die for! I will definitely be making them again! Nutella and cinnamon, you honestly can’t get much better then that!

I posted the final product on my blog here: http://wearingwanderlust.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/recipe-nutella-stuffed-cinnamon-sugar.html

Thank you so much again! Adore your blog!

Codie
    xx

• Sallyreplied on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:43 am

Headed to go check the out now, Codie! Thanks!

kathleenposted July 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Found your blog on pinterest and just loved these muffins! Shared! Awesome find!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Nutella Cinnamon Sugar Muffins | The Muffin Blog

2. Pingback: Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins… « Appetite

3. Pingback: An ode to homer « livindolcevita

4. Pingback: Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins | Dining With Dani

5. Pingback: mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins.

6. Pingback: Train Rides and Nutella Muffins « Breakfast Socks