A sinful brownie layer, topped with peanut butter cups and a peanut butter fudge crispy layer on top.
Sorry to bombard you with a sugar chocolate bomb like this after sharing that Skinny Peanut Butter Pie earlier this we…
Wait. I’m not sorry.
When homemade fudgy chocolate brownies, peanut butter cups, salty peanuts, more chocolate, more peanut butter, and rice krispies come together… well, you know it’s gotta be good. Three layers of bliss. Chocolate, peanut butter bliss.
“Better than crack” as some call it.
Begin with a dense chocolate brownie base. My homemade brownie recipe is your standard fudgy, chewy brownie. Tastes like fudge and chocolate frosting in one.
You can always use a boxed brownie mix for the bottom layer. Whatever floats your boat.
Next, we have a shower of chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (or mini Reese’s cups, whichever you prefer) and salty peanuts. The peanuts are amazing – gives each bite a nice crunch. Plus, WHO doesn’t love salty & sweet?!
The Reese’s peanut butter cups tucked inside are obviously necessary. And so completely sinful.
For the top layer… my personal favorite… a melty mess of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and Rice Krispies. I couldn’t stop “tasting” this layer.
So, I brought these crack brownies to a BBQ over the weekend and silently placed them on the dessert table. I listened quietly at the comments. They made my day.
“WHO made these?”
“What are they!??”
And my favorite, “I can’t speak. This is the best thing I’ve ever eaten.”
Trust me. If you like chocolate at all, you have GOT to make this. Your life will be forever changed. You’re welcome.
Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies
Yield: 20-24 brownies
Homemade Fudgy Brownie Layer
(or use your favorite boxed brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate (I used two 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 8 full size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- If using a boxed brownie mix, prepare the brownie layer according to packaged directions. Bake the brownies for 5 minutes less than the recipe states. Skip down to #3.
- If using my homemade fudgy brownie recipe: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray 11 x 7 inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil. Set aside. Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a knife. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle the top with the peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- While the brownies are finishing up in the oven, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until evenly coated. Remove the brownies from the oven and pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Spread to cover evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into 24 squares. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
A few similar recipes…
Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pie (a lightened up favorite!)
67 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies.”
Pingback: peanut butter cup crunch brownies. | Cooking Pics
Pingback: Dirty Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini-Cupcakes
Pingback: peanut butter fudge brownie cups.