January is the month for new beginnings. Healthier eating is the typical focus for New Years resolutions, so I am here to help. My resolutions are food based, but in a very different way. Some of them include: learn to make bagels from scratch, create the perfect chocolate cupcake, and find a killer homemade tomato sauce recipe.
It may be hard to believe, but beneath all the sprinkles and chocolate, I truly am a health nut at heart. I am not one to sacrifice calories for health food, so I make sure that my healthier items deliver some powerful taste.
In fact, some of my favorite recipes on my website are the healthier items.
Here is a list of healthy recipes from my website and a list of a few others from my friends and other bloggers. Feel free to link up some of your favorite healthy eats, whether they are savory or sweet. Happy, Healthy 2013!
Healthy Choices from My Kitchen to Yours
1) Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (140 calories each)
13) Cinnamon Toffee Cheesecake Dip for Apples (low fat)
21) Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars (use all sorts of different add-ins!)
22) 3 Ingredient Sugar-Free Chocolate Bars (vegan)
From Other Bloggers
26) Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip by Two Peas & Their Pod
27) Healthy Harvest Chicken Soup by How Sweet It Is
28) Baked Parsnip Fries with Cream Balsamic Reduction Dip by Averie Cooks
29) Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo by Pinch of Yum
30) Baked Chicken Nuggets by Cooking Classy
31) Low Fat Banana Bread Pumpkin Muffins by Love From the Oven
32) Tofu Lettuce Wraps from Damn Delicious
33) Maryland Crab Soup by Tide & Thyme
34) Buffalo “Chicken” Cauliflower Bites by Buns in my Oven
35) Quick Tofu Ramen Noodle Soup by The Little Kitchen
36) Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet
37) Black Bean Sliders from Scarletta Bakes
38) Easy Skinny Smoothie by Something Swanky
39) Quinoa Salad with Cumin-Lime Dressing by Rachel Cooks
40) Chicken Tortilla Soup by Bake Your Day
41) Almond Joy Granola by Little Bitty Bakes
42) Crispy Baked Onion Rings by Simply Scratch
43) Quinoa Cakes with Lemon, Olive, & Parsley by Love & Olive Oil
44) Watermelon Slushies by Chef in Training
45) Lightened Up General Tso’s Chicken by Kitchen Meets Girl
Do you have any favorite healthy recipes? Links are welcome!
What are your new year’s resolutions like?