Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

You don’t think I would let today pass me by, right?

♥ Without celebrating my one true food love? ♥

20 Easy + Quick Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes including S'more Peanut Butter Cookies, Giant Reese's Pieces Cookie, Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, and Rolo-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies!

Peanut butter is my favorite ingredient to throw into cookies. But I’m pretty sure you all knew that.

But did you know that peanut butter cookies haven’t been around forever? In 1932, the first peanut butter cookie with the iconic criss-cross marks on top were first published in a town newspaper.  And today, my cookie jar just wouldn’t be complete without peanut butter inside.

Peanut Butter Cookie!

That cookie? Yeah it’s my 1 Giant Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie – as big as my head.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars-7

It’s National Peanut Butter Cookie Day and I’m here to show you how to celebrate!

20 ways, to be exact. ;)

1) Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers’ Cookies – attention peanut butter lovers! This cookie is for you.

Soft-Peanut-Butter-Cookies

2) S’more Peanut Butter Cookies – s’more + peanut butter. need I say more?!

S'More Peanut Butter Cookies-10

3) Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies – if you’re watchin’ your figure. ;)

Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

4) 1 Giant Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie – recipe for 1 giant cookie. See photo of us chowing down above…

Giant Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie for 1

5) 1 Giant Monster M&M Cookie – peanut butter to the extreme. another recipe for 1 giant cookie!

One Giant Monster Peanut Butter Cookie-3

6) Bite-Sized Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies – for all you sweet & salty lovers. They’re easy to make and mini – which means you can get away with eating a handful. ;)

Mini Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies-7

7) Butterfinger Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – who doesn’t love Butterfingers?  They were my favorite candy bar growing up. And these cookies are loaded with ‘em!

Butterfinger Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies-5

8) Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – for extreme chocolate lovers who have a soft-spot for peanut butter.

Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

9) Rolo-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies – enough said.  Look at all that caramel oozing out! Perfection.

Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies1-3

10) Soft-Baked Reese’s Pieces Butterscotch Cookies – soft, thick, and extra chewy! I use an extra egg yolk and melted butter to make these cookies the best-ever!

Soft-Baked Reese's Butterscotch Cookies-2

11) Peanut Butter Sweethearts – you can use Reese’s Cups or Hersheys Kisses instead.  These are my soft-baked spin on peanut butter blossoms.

Peanut Butter Sweethearts-3

12) Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies – I’m in love with Snickers Bars.  And the peanut butter flavor is out of this world!

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

13) Peanut Butter M&M Cookies – the first popular cookie on my website – so many readers swear by this cookie recipe!

img_3145

14) Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies – these are heaven on earth. Just look at them!!

Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies-7

15) Monster Cookies – my spin on the classic monster cookie.  They aren’t oatmeal cookies with peanut butter, they are extreme peanut butter cookies with oats! And tons of M&Ms.

Soft-Baked Monster Cookies

16) Mini Rainbow M&M Cookies with Peanut Butter Buttercream – two cookies in one with thick peanut butter filling inside.  A new kind of cookie sandwich. ;)

M&M Cookies with Peanut Butter-8

17) Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scotchies – my personal favorite cookie ever! Out of all the cookies on my website; trust me – you gotta try them! I love peanut butter and butterscotch together.

Oatmeal flax scotchies (1 of 2)-2

18) Gluten-Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies – with tons of peanut butter, a bit of coconut oil, and cocoa powder. These are addicting.  Sweet, salty, and guilt-free!

Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies-19

19) Chewy Butterfinger Cookies – so easy to make! And stuffed to the brim with butterfingers.

Chewy Butterfinger Cookies #cookies

20) Peanut Butter S’more 7 Layer Bars – unbeeeeeelieveable.

Peanut Butter S'more 7 Layer Bars-3

How will YOU be celebrating? ;)

76 Responses to “Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!”

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted June 12, 2013 at 10:42 am

Yay for once I was on top of things today! Great food holiday to not miss out on.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 10:49 am

I just knew you, of all my blogging buds, would not forget this day!!

Ikhlasposted June 12, 2013 at 10:43 am

Hooray for whoever invented such an iconic cookie! Can’t imagine what I’d do without peanut butter cookies. :D Such a fantastic collection of cookies…so many I still need to try. My absolute favourite has got to be #15…monster cookies! SO GOOD.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 10:50 am

LOVE those monster cookies too Ikhlas!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 12, 2013 at 11:33 am

What a lovely wrap up with…my fave ingredient! Peanut butter!! And it falls on my bday! What are the odds. I am loving all your cookies and good to hear you still stand by your fave cookie, the oatmeal scotchie one.

I was cross referncing your soft, puffy PB cookie dough base with one I included in my cookbook, very similar! I think I told you that already though. Every time I see yours, I want to make them.

Fab roundup. Pinning to my PB board!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Thanks for pinning Averie and I’m wishing you lots of sunshine right now for some killer shoots!

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking}posted June 12, 2013 at 11:38 am

What a fantastic round up, Sally. I know just how much you love peanut butter so it’s great to see a selection of all your favourite PB cookies in one post.

I’m literally drooling like mad here. PB is like my yin to my yang, but unfortunately it doesn’t agree with my body – not an allergy but it does make me poorly if I eat more than one cookie with it in. Le sigh.

Very inspirational. :)

Cate @ Chez CateyLouposted June 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

How did I not know about this wonderful day?! Thanks for telling me about it!! All of your PB recipes look amazing! Is there a website that you like to use to keep track of food holidays?

Caleyposted June 12, 2013 at 11:58 am

What a great collection! I’m glad you get to showcase so many of your amazing recipes on one happy day ;). The pictures of you both with the enormous cookies are great. I hope you have a wonderful peanut-butter day! I automatically rank recipes in to-do/to-eat order when I go through lists, and both the butterscotch/peanut butter ones are at the tip-top! :D

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Thanks Caley!! Hope you have a wonderful PB day too =)

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted June 12, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I need to hide this post from my husband – if he knew that it was national peanut butter cookie day, then I know what I’d be doing all night and into the weekend… baking ALL your creations! ;)

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted June 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Yay! It’s your (and ours, too) holiday today! Great recipe round-up, girl. And, I loved the photos of you guys scarfing down your giant cookies, LOL! xo

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Haha I was almost embarrassed to put that photo up because I look so strange next to that huge cookie! But thanks Stacy :)

Danielle @DiningWithDaniposted June 12, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Oh my gosh, I love the pictures of you and Kevin trying to eat the XXL PB cookies!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Haha thanks Danielle! Literally the size of my head!

Kellyposted June 12, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Those Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers’ cookies look so fluffy…..I think I need to do some baking tonight just to celebrate the holiday!

I’m so glad I found your blog….but I think my waist line might start to suffer.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Glad you found my blog too Kelly! And welcome =)

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted June 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Currently wishing I didn’t open up this post while STARVING hahaha!! I can’t even pick a fave..I love each and every one :)

marcie@flavorthemomentsposted June 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I would love each and every one of those cookie recipes. I haven’t been very good about keeping up with the food holidays. Bad me! At least you are. These look delicious!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

IT’s better that you don’t keep track of the food holidays. I feel like I’m a food holiday nerd. ;) Thanks Marcie!

Alaposted June 12, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I’m sure you have a whole slew of PB cookie lovers flocking to you today. I LOVE this collection–almost as much as I love the fact that I’ve just made an entire batch of fluffernutter bars and am making my way to these soft-baked cookies again. Enjoy your PB day, Sally!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

fluffernutter bars – so good, Ala! Enjoy YOUR PB day!

Lesaposted June 12, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I am totally wishing I had not opened this post because peanut butter happens to be my one great weakness. Need a fruit dip idea? peanut butter, cream cheese, and whipped cream. I ate it by the spoonful on Sunday. My new favorite.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Love that fruit dip idea, Lesa! Yum. Gotta try it. ;)

aimee @ like mother like daughterposted June 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm

oh my, all of these cookies look so fantastic! I can’t wait to try the peanut butter cookie with rolos stuffed in the middle, and the smores cookies. Those both look divine!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Healthposted June 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I think I might start foaming at the mouth after seeing all of these amazing peanut butter cookies!! I had no idea it was National Peanut Butter Cookie Day but now I have to have one. Btw, love the picture of you with a cookie the size of your head, lol.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Hahaha! THanks Sarah, yes it literally is as big as my head!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted June 12, 2013 at 1:30 pm

What a way to celebrate – I want to make it all! And dude, I love that picture of you two gobbling up that giant cookie!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

HAHA thanks Chung-Ah! That was a happy night. Huge peanut butter cookie to the face!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted June 12, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Happy day to all the fellow peanut butter lovers out there!

Love those big ol cookies!

Carla @ Carlas Confectionsposted June 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm

What a perfect day to celebrate! Now lets make all 20 recipes!! :D

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I like your thinking, Carla!!

Jamie @lifelovelemonsposted June 12, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Argh! How did I know know about National PB Cookie day?! Thank you so much for enlightening me, these are all mouthwatering.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

You have to celebrate, Jamie! :)

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchenposted June 12, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I had NO idea it was national PB cookie day! Thanks for letting us know! I have to find something to wip up now! I love this list- with how much I love peanut butter, I have a feeling I’m going to be referencing this list a lot in the near future.

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 4:47 pm

You have to bake one (or two or three or four…) of these cookies, Faith. :) Happy PB Cookie Day!

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchenposted June 12, 2013 at 4:55 pm

OOOh!!! I want one of each! It’s fun to see all the cookies together here in one post! Love it!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted June 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm

All of these look so amazing, Sally! Your creativity with peanut butter knows no limits, girl. So impressed… and so HUNGRY now!

Anne ~ Uni Homemakerposted June 12, 2013 at 6:05 pm

They all look delicious Sally! Love that photo of you eating that giant cookie. :) Have a great rest of the week.

Zainab @ Blahnik Bakerposted June 12, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Amazing resource!! My husband is a huge peanut butter fan and I just pinned this so that I can always know where to go for a cookie recipe for him.

PS: We made your giant cookies (peanut butter M&M for him of course and sprinkles for me) and they were amazing! I didn’t get great pictures since it was like midnight but I’ll be sharing them on the blog soon!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:09 pm

SO glad you made those giant cookies! You made two of my personal favorites, too ;)

the baking cup - carolinaposted June 12, 2013 at 6:23 pm

i want one of each please!

ashley - baker by natureposted June 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm

You look so cute and tiny biting into that GIANT cookie!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Haha! Thanks Ashley – it’s a huge huge huge cookie!!

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted June 12, 2013 at 8:09 pm

There are two things that are always there for me- chocolate and peanut butter ;) I have a mile-long list of all of your recipes I need to try. I wish I had a never-ending day to just make them all. I haven’t baked peanut butter cookies in a while…..I’m trying to finish the homemade blueberry pie in my fridge first ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I love homemade blueberry pie. :) Let me know any recipes you make from my blog – I love hearing about it Maggie!

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted June 12, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I want all of them!

Amyposted June 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I already ate 4 peanut butter cookies today… And now I’m craving your GIANT Reese’s cookie! Although that would require buying Reese’s pieces. And I have no self-control with those. As I’ve probably mentioned before. So… I have a big predicament! ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:04 pm

You have me beat – I’ve only had 1 PB cookie today! Now I need a midnight snack…

• Amyreplied on June 13th, 2013 at 1:16 am

Cookies and milk is my favorite just-before-bed snack!

Tieghanposted June 12, 2013 at 9:40 pm

That first photo of you is too cute and totally awesome!

What an amazing way to celebrate peanut butter! I want all of these!! Seriously, every time I come and vist your little blog (which is at LEAST once a day) I find myself needing to make what ever you posted that day! Today there is so many! I am overwhelmed! In a good way, of course!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Thanks Tieghan! I’m so thankful you visit my little space on the web and love all the cookies I post!

Luv What You Doposted June 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Mmmm…all of those PB cookies look SO GOOD!

irisposted June 12, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Hello,
    These recipes look absolutely deeeelish!!! Can’t wait to try them!
    I was thinking about substituting coconut oil for butter when baking cookies… have you tried this and were you successful?
    Thanks,
    Iris

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Yes, I’ve tried it before – make sure the oil is in its solid state and cream it as you would butter.

Marjory @ Dinner-Momposted June 13, 2013 at 7:28 am

Awesome list, as usual, and can make these with sunflower seed butter if you can’t fully celebrate National Peanut Butter day. :)

Baker Bettieposted June 13, 2013 at 8:02 am

My head is spinning. So much peanut buttery goodness! I had no idea there was a National Peanut Butter Day. Is there like a calendar somewhere that lists all the food holidays? I feel like I always miss out!

Vanessaposted June 13, 2013 at 9:51 am

I love the Mini Rainbow M&M Cookies with Peanut Butter Buttercream. Good idea Sally!!
    I’ll follow you every day!
    See you!
    Kisses!
    Vanessa

• Sallyreplied on June 13th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

THanks for following Vanessa – and those peanut butter filled M&M cookie sandwiches. So good! :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted June 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

YESSSS so much pb cookie goodness!

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted June 13, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Hey Sally! I am salivating just looking at these lovely recipes. I am going to make the S’more Peanut Butter Cookies or the Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies or the Peanut Butter Lovers’ Cookies tomorrow! I’ve baked so many goodies that I forced myself not to bake anything else today otherwise I would eat it all! I will definitely comment again after I bake one of your cookie recipes! I almost feel guilty for not having made some already. I feel like it’s my duty to report back to you ;) This is unrelated to peanut butter :( but how do you get the recipes from your posts to copy over into your recipes page? Is that a plugin?

• Sallyreplied on June 14th, 2013 at 6:18 am

Hi Maggie – I have to manually copy them over at this time. I am having a website redesign this summer which will take away from doing it manually, though. Enjoy all the peanut butter cookies you’re making today!!

Mary Ellenposted June 13, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Have you been watching The American Baking Competition? Very interesting! I loved the hot pastry. I never heard of it before.

• Sallyreplied on June 14th, 2013 at 6:19 am

I have not been keeping up with it – I need to watch!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreationsposted June 14, 2013 at 1:14 am

Woah…I can’t believe you have that many Peanut Butter Cookie recipes. I have been all over coconut oil and chocolate chips cookies but I thinks its high time I throw some PB into the mix with all that inspiration

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted June 16, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Oh my gosh! I just made the soft-baked peanut butter swirl cookies and they ARE heaven on earth. WOW! No wonder I ate 3 plus some raw dough! I didn’t chill them at all and they didn’t spread so that was great! I did have to bake them a little bit longer though (more like 16-17 minutes than the 13 that you suggested). Could just be my oven though! My whole family loved them and we could have easily finished the entire batch. These are just perfect Sally. I wish I could offer some critique of them but I have none! I wouldn’t change a thing :) I am thinking of posting a recipe review once a week and if I do, this will be the first recipe I review! Have a great week!

• Sallyreplied on June 17th, 2013 at 6:12 am

They are totally one of my favorite cookies, Maggie! I always have to chill the dough because they spread for me – so glad you could bypass that step. All ovens are different and I know I have to bake them 1 minute longer in my new oven. But sometimes just 13 mins. Can’t wait to see your review!

Alexis @ deliciousfoodideas.netposted June 18, 2013 at 1:54 am

National Peanut Butter Cookie Day? Man, I’m stealing your food holiday! Next year INTERNATIONAL peanut butter cookie day!

Erin @ Making Memoriesposted July 2, 2013 at 10:47 am

Oh my gosh – pure peanut butter heaven!

Carsenposted July 30, 2013 at 2:23 am

Hey Sally! I was just wondering do you have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe?

• Sallyreplied on July 30th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Well, I love all of the ones here. It just depends on my mood or what I’m craving! They are all delicious.

Reginaposted August 9, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Have you tried the Peanut Butter M&M’s. They are sooooo good! =)

• Sallyreplied on August 9th, 2013 at 4:09 pm