Hi! I’m Sally.
I like to take pictures, write, run, and bake. Scratch that, I’m addicted to baking. The kitchen is where my creative juices flow and Sally’s Baking Addiction is where I can share it all with you.
Sally’s Baking Addiction was born in December 2011 as a means to share my recipes with friends and family. I’m happy to say that it’s now my full time job. For more information about how I began my blog and the different techniques I use, please browse my posts on the subject of blogging. This blog is a fun, friendly place for readers to find their passion in the kitchen. I like to share original, innovative, approachable recipes that are inspired by my favorite seasonal flavors. A lot of my inspiration comes from recipes my passed down in my family. I am a self-taught, mom-taught, grandma-taught baker, learning purely through my experience. I’m no Betty Crocker, but I can make a mean salted caramel apple pie.
On my blog, I provide informational posts about different baking techniques and how to use proper ingredients to achieve the best results. I like to share my recipe fails and triumphs with readers so that they can learn along the way with me. I want everyone reading to feel like they can be a master in the kitchen.
The recipes on Sally’s Baking Addiction are mostly all developed by myself. I bake through trial and error, testing recipe after recipe to find the perfect result to share with others. On my blog, you’ll only get the best of the best.
I grew up and currently live in Philadelphia. I graduated from Loyola University with a degree in marketing and met my husband, Kevin, while living in Baltimore. Our dog Jude is a 115 lb German Shepherd/Rottweiler rescue. Jude loves peanut butter almost as much as I do. Almost.
I worked in corporate finance before taking a leap of faith in 2013 and dedicating myself full-time to the development and growth of this blog. When I’m not on the computer or spending time with friends and family, you can find me baking in the kitchen or behind the camera. Thankfully I am a ball of energy to get through it all. Lots of coffee helps. Follow me on Instagram to see what I’m up to everyday.
My favorite dessert is apple pie, my favorite TV show is Friends (and I annoyingly quote every episode as I watch), I love to run and practice yoga nearly everyday, and the only books I read are cookbooks. I also type run-on sentences and enjoy staying in my pajamas as long as possible.
Getting Around The Website
If you’re new here, let me help you navigate my blog.
- My Visual Recipe Archive shows all of my recipe categories. All recipes have a photo to go along with them.
- A FAQ page is a helpful resource if you have a general question.
- For more information about how I began and grew my blog, browse my posts on the subject of blogging.
- If you’re interested in my food photography, check out my Photography page.
- My Press page lists all of the places my recipes and I have been featured.
- Be sure to check out my helpful Measuring 101 post for all of my handy baking tricks.
- In between all the recipes, I like to share a few Bites of Real Life.
- On the occasional Saturday, I post round-ups of my favorite seasonal recipes.
- Feel free to comment on my blog posts adding to the conversation. I reserve the right to remove promotional links, abusive and/or hurtful comments.
Keeping in Touch
There are many ways to keep in touch with me.
You may subscribe via email and have recipes sent straight to your inbox. You may also join me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. And if you’re feeling jazzy, you can follow Jude on Instagram too. He’s quite the character.
I truly hope you find the recipes delicious, the photography pretty, and the blog inviting. If you test out a recipe, let me know!