Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs

These salty sweet candy corn pretzel treats are so simple to make!

An easy 20 minute Fall treat! These candy corn pretzel hugs are festive, fun, sweet, and salty.

I have a lot of fun with pretzels and chocolate. What may be my favorite food combination EVER (except guacamole and chips… obviously), pretzels and chocolate have made quite the appearance on my blog this year.

The possibilities are endless! And for Halloween? A little candy corn action. Because I’m tad in love with those sugary little mallowcreme confections. The second they prematurely hit the shelves in September, I’m on it!

The idea of these is rather simple and they come together SO quickly. In fact, can we even call this a recipe? A “non-recipe recipe” if you will. Simply melt a Hershey’s Kisses Hug on a pretzel and top with a candy corn. Done. You could also get a little crazy and top with an M&M, Reese’s Pieces, or even a pecan.  Or try Hershey’s Kisses in other varieties like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or caramel. These would also work wonderfully with the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses.

Whichever candy topper you chose and whichever Hershey’s Kisses flavor you’re using, be sure to have all of your ingredients ready to go when you begin because you’ll have to move fairly quickly. Once the hug is melted on the pretzel, press the candy corn immediately on top or else it won’t stick. When my candy corns were in place, I put the pretzel hugs in the refrigerator so that the chocolate would set quickly.

Let’s face it. I hardly have enough patience to sit through a commercial break, let alone wait for chocolate to harden on its own.

Bonus? They’re bite sized. Common, WHO doesn’t love a mini dessert?

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs

An easy, quick Halloween treat. This recipe makes however many you want. Store pretzel hugs in the refrigerator.

Ingredients:

• circle or square-shaped pretzels
  • Hershey 's Kisses Hugs (or any flavor Kiss)
  • candy corn

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down. Mine takes about 4 minutes.
  3. While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your candy corn ready because you will have to move quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven.
  4. Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press a candy corn down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the candy corn on it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.
  5. Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. These are a great make ahead treat: make them 1-3 days before you need them and store covered in the refrigerator.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Try these next!

Pretzel Hugs

Pretzel M&M Hugs

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites covered in chocolate!

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

Cheesecake Pretzel Bites with White Chocolate

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

Want an easy Halloween treat? Try these festive candy corn pretzel hugs!

Comments

1. Patty on October 5, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I love the idea of these. I just tried to make these with just chocolate hugs. My kisses didn’t melt and were not nearly as pretty as yours. I tried putting them in for longer but it didn’t make a difference. Any ideas? Thank you so much. Can’t wait to get them to look as good as yours. Thanks!

2. Elisaf on October 26, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Wondering if we can use caramel Hershey kisses?

• Sally on October 27, 2015 at 6:44 am

When the candy corn is pressed down, the caramel may ooze out. That would be my concern.

3. Dawn reid on October 31, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I made these last night for our family gathering today. They were a huge hit!! Will be making these for all holidays now

4. Iced Coffee Crafter on October 19, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Love this blog! Such a fun, bold way to share recipes. As a new blogger starting out, I really love reading yours. Thanks for the great baking ideas Sally!

5. Patti Clark on October 20, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Can you microwave them instead of putting in oven?

6. Connie Johnson on October 25, 2016 at 12:11 am

My husband and I made these for an older adult get-together this evening. They were a HUGE hit! Now we’re brainstorming other snacks we can make with similar ingredients. Thank you!

• Sally on October 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Connie, glad they were a hit at the party! The flavor possibilities are endless with these!

7. Christine on October 29, 2016 at 10:43 am

Sally – I made these for a party and they were such a huge hit! I watched as people just grabbed handfuls as they walked by the bowl 🙂 I love making people happy with food! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

8. Laurina on October 30, 2016 at 8:25 am

Oh dear, I just tried making these with original Hershey Kisses, but they didn’t melt!? They taste ok, but don’t look anywhere near as lovely..

9. Amanda on November 15, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Has anyone had success using original Kisses? Mine were a mess ~ never really softened much, kind of grainy, fell apart when trying to push other candy down. I’ve always made these with Rolos before. I wonder if the white chocolate is what lets the Hugs melt? Wish I’d read the last comment before I tried with original. 🙁

Reviews