Buttery blondies filled with sweet & salty pretzel M&Ms. These are a family favorite!
I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I was a tad excited to bake with pretzel M&Ms this weekend. Have you tried them? They are simply amazing. Sweet, salty, chocolatey, and crunchy. Enough said.
I bought a bag the other day and brainstormed some ways to use them, besides just eating them straight from the bag. I set out to bake a sweet/salty blondie. I began by browning some butter. I swear by brown butter because it adds so much depth and flavor to your baked good! Brown butter is my kitchen’s secret little ingredient. And it’s so easy! Plus, it makes the house smell incredible as it’s browning.
These mind-blowing blondies are so soft and chewy – they completely melt in your mouth. The crunchy m&ms, the salty pretzels, buttery dough – my new favorite blondie. And they are SO easy to make.
I made these with butterscotch chips, instead of the M&Ms, as well. If you’d like to make the butterscotch kind, just add 2/3 cup of butterscotch chips instead of pretzel M&Ms. Sometimes it’s hard to stir in the mix-ins because the batter is so thick, but use your arm muscles. 🙂
If you like salty/sweet, you’ll flip for these blondies.Print
Buttery blondies filled with sweet & salty pretzel M&Ms. These are a family favorite and an easy 1 bowl recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pretzel M&Ms
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat immediately when the butter begins to turn brown (about 6 minutes). Pour browned butter into large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 8×8 square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To the cooled down butter/sugar mixture, stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in pretzel M&Ms.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Allow blondies to cool for at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Keywords: brown butter pretzel blondies, brown butter blondies