Buttery blondies filled with sweet & salty pretzel M&Ms. These are a family favorite!
I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I was a tad excited to bake with pretzel M&Ms this weekend. Have you tried them? They are simply amazing. Sweet, salty, chocolatey, and crunchy. Enough said.
I bought a bag the other day and brainstormed some ways to use them, besides just eating them straight from the bag. Which I did anyway. I decided on blondies. I love blondies – much more than brownies. I swear, it has nothing to do with my hair color.
I set out to bake a sweet/salty blondie. I began by browning some butter. I swear by browning butter – it adds so much depth and flavor to your baked good – so many caramel and butterscotch undertones. Brown butter is my kitchen’s secret little ingredient. And it’s so easy! It makes the house smell incredible as it’s browning.
These mind-blowing blondies are so soft and chewy – they completely melt in your mouth. The crunchy m&ms, the salty pretzels, buttery dough – my new favorite blondie. And they are SO easy to make.
I made these with butterscotch chips, instead of the M&Ms, as well. Here they are the second time I made them. If you’d like to make the butterscotch kind, just add 2/3 cup of butterscotch chips instead of pretzel M&Ms. Sometimes it’s hard to stir in the mix-ins because the batter is so thick, but use your arm muscles. 🙂
If you like salty/sweet, you’ll flip for these blondies.
Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies
Sweet, salty perfection made in only 1 bowl.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pretzel M&Ms
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat immediately when the butter begins to turn brown (about 6 minutes). Pour browned butter into large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To the cooled down butter/sugar mixture, stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in pretzel M&Ms.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Allow blondies to cool for at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Do you like sweet & salty desserts?
Try my Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites next!
See more sweet & salty recipes.