That addicting and delicious holiday snack found at the mall can be made at home. And will have your house smelling like the holidays in no time! Makes a wonderful holiday gift.
- 5 cups pecan halves, unsalted
- 1 cup whole almonds, unsalted
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray; or use a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix pecans and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and water on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, gently folding until combined.
- Pour/spoon sugar mixture over nuts and stir to coat completely. Spread nuts over the baking sheets and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15. Allow to cool completely and enjoy.
- Store nuts at room temperature for a few weeks, covered.
- Larger Batch: Recipe can easily be halved to keep around the house or doubled to feed a large crowd.
- This recipe comes from Sharyn, my mom’s wonderful friend. Thank you Sharyn!
Keywords: candied nuts