Chocolate Covered Pretzels – so simple to make, yet always a crowd-pleaser!
My go-to treat for nearly every holiday 🙂
I like to cover them in rainbow sprinkles for birthdays…
Orange, yellow, + black sprinkles for Halloween…
Green + red for Christmas…
And pink + red sprinkles for Valentine’s Day!
My favorite pretzels to cover in chocolate are pretzel rods or honey-wheat pretzel twists. I find that pretzel rods or sticks are much easier to dip, but feel free to use any pretzel of choice. You could even use traditional pretzel twists and add them to chocolate covered pretzel cookies!
You can get creative and use toppings other than sprinkles like crushed oreos, crushed candy canes, crushed nuts, or mini m&ms.Print
Chocolate covered pretzels are so simple to make, yet always a crowd-pleaser!
- two 4-ounce quality semi-sweet chocolate bars (113g each), finely chopped*
- 1 bag honey wheat pretzels (or 4 cups pretzel shapes of choice)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up the chocolate bars into small pieces so they melt easily. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir for about a minute. The chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Take a pretzel and dip into chocolate, using a spoon to evenly cover 1/2 of the pretzel. Shake the pretzel a bit to remove any excess chocolate. Immediately cover the chocolate with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. I usually do this over a paper plate, to catch the sprinkles that miss the pretzel.
- Place each pretzel on parchment paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Once chocolate is set, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Chocolate: Avoid chocolate chips, which are not meant for dipping. You can find chocolate bars right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. They are sold in 4 ounce bars. I like Bakers or Ghirardelli brands.
- Swirled Chocolate: For swirling the chocolate as shown in a few of these photos, melt 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate and 4 oz of white chocolate separately. In a shallow bowl or paper plate (I used a paper plate), pour your semi sweet chocolate into a puddle and top with the white chocolate. Swirl your pretzel twist into the chocolates and top with sprinkles.
Keywords: chocolate covered pretzels