My first cookbook, Sally’s Baking Addiction cookbook, was published in 2014. There are over 75 photographed recipes including breakfast, muffins, breads, cupcakes, candy, cookies, cakes, pies, and a healthy eating chapter with gluten free and vegan options.
Inside Sally’s Baking Addiction:
- Each recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
- Each recipe has a photograph that I styled and shot.
- Each recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.
- You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.
- Each recipe includes the prep time and cook time to help you plan ahead.
- I share every kitchen tool you’ll need to make the recipes, including how many baking pans, their sizes, and my favorite brands.
- I share helpful information about key ingredients used in the recipes.
- The recipes all have introductions describing the recipe, how I came up with it, and/or sharing a short personal story about the recipe. Likewise, each chapter has an opening paragraph describing what’s ahead and giving a few helpful tips.
There may be billions of cookbooks out there, but there is only ONE Sally. Every recipe that I have tried on her blog (and I’ve tried at least 20!) are incredible. Easy to follow, basic ingredients, DELICIOUS results. EVERY. TIME. So, it was a no-brainer for me to pre-order this book.
The pictures in here are beautiful! I love that there is an image of every recipe so I can make sure that what I am baking is even close to being right.
What I love about Sally’s cookbook is that she took the time to include both cup and gram measurements, which is so helpful to those of us who like to be extra accurate with our measuring. Every single recipe has a beautiful photo to go along with it and the photos are on the opposite (or the same) page as the recipe, so you don’t have to go flipping through the book to find the recipe’s photo. Sally’s recipe instructions are numbered, so it’s very easy to follow along and remember where you left off in a recipe as you are going.
This cookbook is a solid addition to any baker’s bookshelf, from the beginner to the experienced. Love the variety of recipes in this book – from breakfast to cookies to candy to “healthier choices”, Sally’s cookbook has a little something f for all sweet tooths. The recipes are clear and straight-forward and each recipe has a picture, which is something that I personally like in my cookbooks.