Ever since I had my s’mores fix when I went camping a few weeks ago, I haven’t been able to get the ooey, gooey, marshmallow-y mess out of my mind. With a quick look through my pantry, I noticed I had half of a box of rice krispies and a sleeve of graham crackers leftover from my Peeps S’mores. Ding ding ding! S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
If you like s’mores and you like gooey rice krispie treats, you’ll flip for these. They are relatively easy to make – about 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes to set – and you don’t even have to turn on the oven! Perfect for those hot summer months!
Chunks of graham crackers, chocolate chips, and tons of marshmallow goo. I can see myself making these again and again… they are really that good. And EASY!
S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
Your favorite campfire treat - without the campfire!
Yield: 24 squares
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker pieces
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or regular size chocolate chips)
- Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Pour in the marshmallows and constantly stir until melted with butter.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour in the rice krispie cereal and graham cracker pieces. Mix together well.
- Add chocolate chips and gently stir - you want most of the chips to hold their shape and not to completely melt. Immediately press rice krispie treats into prepared baking pan. Use the flat side of a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray to flatten the rice krispie treats down evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 25 minutes and cut into 24 squares.
*If your treats are too cold to cut after 25 minutes in the fridge, let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes to loosen them back up.
*I used a serrated knife dipped in warm water to neatly cut into squares.
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Do you like s’mores? Here are some recipes to try next: