That day is not today. Today I want a huge, chewy monster… full of peanut chunks, nougat, peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel.
I know that there are people out there who like crispy, flat cookies. But I am not one of them. I need soft, chewy cookies – the kind that literally almost melt in your mouth. These cookies are just that.
A good and important thing to note: use FROZEN Peanut Butter Snickers pieces for the batter. Yes, frozen. Make sure those snickers pieces are rock solid or else they will melt uncontrollably and lend a flat cookie.
Look at all that sweet peanut buttery snickers nougat goo! The goo is the best part.
Makes 24-30 cookies. Cookies stay fresh and soft at room temperature (covered) for up to 1 week.
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups chopped Peanut Butter Snickers bars, frozen
- Roughly chop peanut butter snickers into pieces. Place in a small bowl and stick in the freezer while you prepare the dough.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms. Fold in frozen peanut butter snickers pieces.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of dough and drop onto ungreased baking sheet or silpat. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers should appear soft and puffy.
*It is imperative to keep dough chilled at all times. Keep dough in the refrigerator between batches.
*It is also imperative to use FROZEN Snickers pieces. If they are not frozen, the chocolate bars will melt and spread within the dough, resulting in a flat, thin cookie.
Recipe Source: sallysbakingaddiction.com
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Today’s cookie recipe reminds me of my Snickers Bar-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. A gooey Snickers hiding inside. These are so good!
If you like Snickers, you’ll love my Snickers Cheesecake Bars.
I love these too – Snickers Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes. These are easy!