Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns.
The quickest cinnamon rolls! No yeast required.
When I stumbled upon a recipe for no yeast cinnamon buns that take less than 20 minutes to make, I nearly fell off my chair. The fact that these cinnamon buns required no yeast had me sold but the bonus that they are mini had me in heaven. Who doesn’t like itty bitty mini bite sized things?
It all starts with refrigerated crescent dough. Pop it open, roll out the dough and press the seams together to make it smooth. Use a rolling pin to make it easier. Next, brush some melted butter over the dough and throw on a ton of cinnamon and brown sugar. Then just bake them up in a mini cupcake pan and
impatiently wait 12-14 minutes.
Simple maple icing: maple syrup, milk, & powdered sugar. Easy peasy. These are the BEST cinnamon buns ever. And they are so easy you MAY be tempted to make them every single day. 😉
Mini Cinnamon Buns
20 minutes, no yeast required, adorable and delicious mini cinnamon buns. You can't stop at one (or 4!).
Yield: 16 mini cinnamon buns
- 1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk (I used almond milk)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees (or whatever your tube of crescent roll instructs). Spray 16 tins of a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- To make the mini cinnamon buns: Flour your counter surface to prevent sticking, roll out half of the dough (4 triangles) and close the seams together by pinching. Flip over and pinch those seams together as well.
- Smooth out the seams with a rolling pin OR cover the dough with parchment paper and roll over with a glass cup. You want the dough to be totally smooth and 1/4" thick.
- Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Use as much or as little as you prefer. Roll into a log and cut into 8 equal buns.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Place 16 buns into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and spoon icing over top each bun.
- To make the icing: Whisk together maple syrup and milk in a small bowl. Stir in powdered sugar until no sugar lumps appear in the glaze. Spoon over warm cinnamon buns.
recipe from Iowa Girl Eats
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Try my regular Homemade Cinnamon Rolls next!
They only require 1 rise. Great for beginners.
134 Responses to “Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns.”
Pingback: dark chocolate raspberry banana bread.
Pingback: mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins.