Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns.

The quickest cinnamon rolls! No yeast required.

The quickest mini, itty-bitty cinnamon rolls! No yeast required. @sallybakeblog

When I stumbled upon a recipe for no yeast cinnamon buns that take less than 20 minutes to make, I nearly fell off my chair. The fact that these cinnamon buns required no yeast had me sold but the bonus that they are mini had me in heaven. Who doesn’t like itty bitty mini bite sized things?

The quickest mini, itty-bitty cinnamon rolls! No yeast required. @sallybakeblog

It all starts with refrigerated crescent dough. Pop it open, roll out the dough and press the seams together to make it smooth.  Use a rolling pin to make it easier. Next, brush some melted butter over the dough and throw on a ton of cinnamon and brown sugar. Then just bake them up in a mini cupcake pan and impatiently wait 12-14 minutes.

The quickest mini, itty-bitty cinnamon rolls! No yeast required. @sallybakeblog

Simple maple icing: maple syrup, milk, & powdered sugar. Easy peasy. These are the BEST cinnamon buns ever. And they are so easy you MAY be tempted to make them every single day.  😉

Mini Cinnamon Buns

20 minutes, no yeast required, adorable and delicious mini cinnamon buns. You can't stop at one (or 4!).

Yield: 16 mini cinnamon buns

• 1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
  • 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • cinnamon
  • brown sugar

Maple Icing

• 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon milk (I used almond milk)
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees (or whatever your tube of crescent roll instructs). Spray 16 tins of a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
  2. To make the mini cinnamon buns: Flour your counter surface to prevent sticking, roll out half of the dough (4 triangles) and close the seams together by pinching. Flip over and pinch those seams together as well.
  3. Smooth out the seams with a rolling pin OR cover the dough with parchment paper and roll over with a glass cup. You want the dough to be totally smooth and 1/4" thick.
  4. Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Use as much or as little as you prefer. Roll into a log and cut into 8 equal buns.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Place 16 buns into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and spoon icing over top each bun.
  6. To make the icing: Whisk together maple syrup and milk in a small bowl. Stir in powdered sugar until no sugar lumps appear in the glaze. Spoon over warm cinnamon buns.

recipe from Iowa Girl Eats

Try my regular Homemade Cinnamon Rolls next!

They only require 1 rise. Great for beginners.

My BEST ever Cinnamon Rolls - totally from scratch, great beginnger recipe!

134 Responses to “Mini (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns.”

Kerryposted April 18, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Wow, these are seriously amazing!! I honestly could make these every day they are that good and kid approved…even better! Thanks for an awesome recipe. :)

• Sallyreplied on April 19th, 2013 at 6:23 am

Yay! That’s great Kerry. I love these too – so easy to make. Thanks for reporting back about them!

aimee @ like mother like daughterposted April 30, 2013 at 10:58 am

Sally, my mother in law made these over Christmas break when we were visiting there and they were so amazing! The maple syrup in the icing is to die for. Anyway, I will definitely be making these sometime soon, now that you posted it on your fb I am craving them!

• Sallyreplied on April 30th, 2013 at 11:16 am

How perfect, Aimee! I’m happy you all liked them! The maple syrup icing is my favorite.

Peg Payneposted April 30, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I’ve tried some of your recipes and forwarded others Yummy!!! But guess what–on the underside of the world we DON”T HAVE refrigerated dough!! None of those lovely pop open tubes that do all sorts of things. Sad state of affairs but maybe better for my waistline. It’s also pretty hard to get peanut butter cups–they just din’t understand peanut butter in Australia. Keep up the innovations!

Christinaposted July 28, 2013 at 11:58 am

Sally I made the mini cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning and my husband looked at me and said “I’d marry you again” These were amazing!!! thanks for the awesome recipe.

• Sallyreplied on July 28th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

So glad you both loved these! They are so easy to make. I make them often!

Kellyposted August 22, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Beautiful photos. Just to let you know, there is yeast in crescent dough.

• Sallyreplied on August 22nd, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Hi Kelly! The “no yeast” means that you can make these cinnamon rolls without additional yeast like a traditional cinnamon roll recipe. Thanks!

Farahposted December 2, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I have left over banana’s I want to use, would the banana filling from your banana chocolate cinnamon rolls work in this recipe?

• Sallyreplied on December 2nd, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Yep! Though you’d have to reduce the filling for these small rolls.

Debbieposted April 8, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Can I just say, I love your recipes! Your blog, everything. I have so many cookbooks, but I have to get yours. Everything, everything always looks so good and easy and as a busy working mummy who doesn’t love easy??? Thank you, your addiction is now mine!

Albert Reynoldsposted April 12, 2014 at 9:35 am

Everything I’ve checked out, so far, sounds good. I’m going to try your cinnamon rolls on my wife before her mom gets here from NY.
    I do have a suggestion that I didn’t notice you using.
    When you cut your cinnamon rolls, slip a piece of string under the rolled up dough, bring the ends up, cross them over & pull to make even cuts without smashing the rolls down.
    Just a trick I’ve learned over the years. I think you’ll like it, too.

Leahposted June 24, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I’m addicted to your addiction!
    My young daughter and I made these this morning. Oh YUM! And, a great way for her to learn how to cook. :)

Esteeposted July 1, 2014 at 12:12 am

I love your white mixing bowl where did u get it ????

Serenaposted July 3, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Would these still be mini if made in a regular muffin pan? I’ve been brainstorming sleepover breakfast recipes and new you’d have something. This is perfect

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Yes, they would still be mini if you cut them small. Those they may not stay coiled in a larger muffin pan.

• Jacereplied on October 3rd, 2014 at 1:35 am

I was thinking that since we only had one regular-sized pan that I would have to figure out how to make them larger and how long to cook them. This question about them being mini helped me realize they could be similar to chick fil a’s if I placed multiple mini rolls in one cup.

• Trishreplied on November 22nd, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I also did not have a mini pan, so I cooked them in the regular size muffin pan and used cup cake holders. I unrolled the crescent rolls, did no pinching or rolling out of dough. I was in a hurry to get these morsels into my mouth. They were delicious. Needless to say, I will never make homemade cinnamon rolls againl

• Karen M.replied on June 20th, 2015 at 7:24 pm

I did the same thing as Trish – I used a regular muffin pan, 12 cupcake liners, and cut the dough into 12 portions. Couldn’t have been easier!

Trishposted November 22, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Yes Sally, i nearly fell out of my chair when I tasted these cinnnamon rolls. I have always made cinnamon rolls from scratch. These rolls are to die for.. With all the time that is spent making homemade cinnamon rolls compared to popping these in the oven within 10 minutes, they cannot be beat. To cut down on the cleaning process, I put them in cup cake holders. Thanks for posting this recipe. I don’t think I will ever make homemade rolls ever again………..

Trishposted November 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Oh, by the way, I cooked the rolls in a 375 degree oven for 11 minutes exactly. They were perfect.

ginnyposted January 9, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Perfect! I made these this morning and they turned out perfect. So delicious and easy and a big hit, especially with my kids :)

Shannonposted March 16, 2015 at 3:40 pm

These were insanely good! They remind me of the Burger King cinni mini rolls! YUMMM

JCposted April 14, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Question: I want to make about 150-200 of these for my baby shower but no way can I do it all the day of or even the days before. Have you tried to make these in advance, freeze them and then just pop them into the oven to bake? If so, how have they turned out? How far in advance did you make them?

Btw, I did an experiment to see how long they’ll last and came up with the conclusion that they must be covered with cling wrap or in a container and will stay soft and yummy for 2-3 days at room temperature. I left two out in the open just to see and it hardens but still edible 20 hours after baking (not too yummy anymore though).

• Sallyreplied on April 14th, 2015 at 6:51 pm

JC- happy baby shower! You can prep and freeze them and bake before serving, yes. I’ve done this actually- but only stored for around a month if I remember correctly. I would say 2 months max is OK.

Will A.posted April 14, 2015 at 8:20 pm

I have not yet made this recipe but am super excited to try them! Will they work equally as well with puff pastry as well as crescent dough? I don’t have crescent dough on hand so I was wondering if that would work.

Amyposted April 23, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Once a month, I bake with a six-year-old girl. She chooses someone she wants to bake for (whether they had a loss in the family, new job, etc.) and what she wants to make for that person. Anyways, last month she wanted to make Cinnamon Rolls for a brand-new mama and I just KNEW that you, Sally, would have something that would be 1) easy for a 6-year-old’s stamina and 2) fit our time crunch of just a few hours together. Your recipe for the win, again! :)

• Sallyreplied on April 24th, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Amazing story. So sweet! Thank you Amy. :)

Karen Mposted May 31, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Hi there – just found your recipe on Pinterest and was excited to make it. I had the crescent roll dough in my fridge so Sunday morning I set to work and made this easy recipe! I didn’t roll the dough; more so I pinched it together and then cut 6 rolls from each half (12 total). I put them in cupcake liners in my regular muffin pan, and they were great! Easy clean up, family loved them.

Delaneyposted June 5, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Loved the rolls, but the glaze just tasted like powdered sugar to me. I used maple syrup from family and it has a bit of a different taste to it, so maybe that was why. I will definitely make regular cinnamon rolls again unlike some of the commenters, but these are fun and SO quick to make a bunch.

Amyposted October 4, 2015 at 3:56 am

Question- do you have any recipe for the crescent dough?

1. Pingback: baked cinnamon bun donuts with vanilla glaze.

2. Pingback: dark chocolate raspberry banana bread.

3. Pingback: Variations of the crescent roll: apple cinnamon and chocolate chip | f00dventures

4. Pingback: Mouth Watering Mondays | | Noshing With The NolandsNoshing With The Nolands

5. Pingback: mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins.