Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs.
These salty sweet candy corn pretzel treats are so simple to make!
I have a lot of fun with pretzels and chocolate. What may be my favorite food combination EVER (except guacamole and chips… obviously), pretzels and chocolate have made quite the appearance on my blog this year.
The possibilities are endless! And for Halloween? A little candy corn action. Because I’m tad in love with those sugary little mallowcreme confections. The second they prematurely hit the shelves in September, I’m on it!
The idea of these is rather simple and they come together SO quickly. In fact, can we even call this a recipe? A “non-recipe recipe” if you will. Simply melt a Hershey’s Kisses Hug on a pretzel and top with a candy corn. Done. You could also get a little crazy and top with an M&M, Reese’s Pieces, or even a pecan. Or try Hershey’s Kisses in other varieties like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or caramel. These would also work wonderfully with the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses.
Whichever candy topper you chose and whichever Hershey’s Kisses flavor you’re using, be sure to have all of your ingredients ready to go when you begin because you’ll have to move fairly quickly. Once the hug is melted on the pretzel, press the candy corn immediately on top or else it won’t stick. When my candy corns were in place, I put the pretzel hugs in the refrigerator so that the chocolate would set quickly.
Let’s face it. I hardly have enough patience to sit through a commercial break, let alone wait for chocolate to harden on its own.
Bonus? They’re bite sized. Common, WHO doesn’t love a mini dessert?
Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs
An easy, quick Halloween treat. This recipe makes however many you want. Store pretzel hugs in the refrigerator.
- circle or square-shaped pretzels
- Hershey 's Kisses Hugs (or any flavor Kiss)
- candy corn
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down. Mine takes about 4 minutes.
- While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your candy corn ready because you will have to move quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven.
- Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press a candy corn down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the candy corn on it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.
- Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. These are a great make ahead treat: make them 1-3 days before you need them and store covered in the refrigerator.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Try these next!