Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs.

These salty sweet candy corn pretzel treats are so simple to make!

An easy 20 minute Fall treat! These candy corn pretzel hugs are festive, fun, sweet, and salty.

I have a lot of fun with pretzels and chocolate. What may be my favorite food combination EVER (except guacamole and chips… obviously), pretzels and chocolate have made quite the appearance on my blog this year.

The possibilities are endless! And for Halloween? A little candy corn action. Because I’m tad in love with those sugary little mallowcreme confections. The second they prematurely hit the shelves in September, I’m on it!

The idea of these is rather simple and they come together SO quickly. In fact, can we even call this a recipe? A “non-recipe recipe” if you will. Simply melt a Hershey’s Kisses Hug on a pretzel and top with a candy corn. Done. You could also get a little crazy and top with an M&M, Reese’s Pieces, or even a pecan.  Or try Hershey’s Kisses in other varieties like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or caramel. These would also work wonderfully with the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses.

Whichever candy topper you chose and whichever Hershey’s Kisses flavor you’re using, be sure to have all of your ingredients ready to go when you begin because you’ll have to move fairly quickly. Once the hug is melted on the pretzel, press the candy corn immediately on top or else it won’t stick. When my candy corns were in place, I put the pretzel hugs in the refrigerator so that the chocolate would set quickly.

Let’s face it. I hardly have enough patience to sit through a commercial break, let alone wait for chocolate to harden on its own.

Bonus? They’re bite sized. Common, WHO doesn’t love a mini dessert?

PrintPrint

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs

An easy, quick Halloween treat. This recipe makes however many you want. Store pretzel hugs in the refrigerator.

Ingredients:

• circle or square-shaped pretzels
  • Hershey 's Kisses Hugs (or any flavor Kiss)
  • candy corn

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down. Mine takes about 4 minutes.
  3. While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your candy corn ready because you will have to move quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven.
  4. Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press a candy corn down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the candy corn on it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.
  5. Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. These are a great make ahead treat: make them 1-3 days before you need them and store covered in the refrigerator.

Try these next!

Pretzel Hugs

Pretzel M&M Hugs

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

52 Responses to “Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs.”

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted October 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I love these and how you can adapt them to any holiday…never thought of making them with candy corn! I’m all over new ways to use candy corn :)

• Sallyreplied on October 7th, 2012 at 11:50 pm

my addiction to candy corn forces me to get a tad creative ;) thanks ashley!!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted October 8, 2012 at 12:58 am

Salty ‘n sweet, easy, fast, candy corn, white choc – yep! all the bases are covered with these!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted October 8, 2012 at 2:25 am

These are so perfect for a Halloween party! I’m sure they’d be the first treats to disappear! And if you’re hosting a Halloween party, I am totally inviting myself :)

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 7:21 am

if I have a halloween party, i’m requesting at least 12 different muffin varieties to show up with you!! hehehe only kidding…sort of! i’d love to party with the muffin queen ;)

Blog is the New Blackposted October 8, 2012 at 7:55 am

So fun!

baker streetposted October 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

Holy moly! It would be so dangerous to keep these around my house! I would keep popping these bite sized treats all day long! They look absolutely amazing, Sally. And they’d be perfect for a halloween party! Love the idea.

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:33 am

I’ve kept them in the refrigerator – love them chilled!! – and I haven’t been able to stop eating them!

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted October 8, 2012 at 8:22 am

I think the chocolate/pretzel combo is right up there with chocolate and peanut butter. A perfect match! I love these!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:33 am

I completely agree Jen!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted October 8, 2012 at 10:08 am

Oh maaaahhh goooodness. I love these! When I saw ‘em on Pinterest a few months back, I fell in love with the idea and used Sixlets to make little flowers. I NEVER thought to use candy corn–totally genius!! I bet the candy corn tastes so sugary and perfect on top of that sweet, melted chocolate. And candy corn and pretzels just sound awesome on their own :) I want a big bowl of these!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I love your idea to use sixlets Hayley!!! you are so creative my dearest. All your halloween goodies are so clever!!!

Back For Secondsposted October 8, 2012 at 11:19 am

I actually don’t like candy corn. At all. However, I am so with you on loving chips and guac and we share the same pretzel/chocolate addiction (duh). I may not like the taste of candy corn but these sure are cute!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Pretty sure we should just make a meal out of guac/chips, chocolate/pretzels Stephanie. I’ve actually already done that! :D

luv what you doposted October 8, 2012 at 11:23 am

These are so cute! I always make them for the holidays but never thought to do a Halloween version. I just wish it was easy to find those pretzels!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

You could always use square pretzels too!

Alison @ Ingredients Incposted October 8, 2012 at 11:29 am

Cute! I just shared these on my Facebook fan page today!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Hey Alison! Thank you for the share!

Cassieposted October 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm

So cute, Sally! Yes, pretzels are so fun to play with in the kitchen. They go with just about everything!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

i’m pretty sure your bourbon spice cookies could go with just about anything Cassie ;)

Nicole @ Lapetitebakerposted October 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Pretzels are such an adaptable ingredient and these sound so darn good!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

pretzels = delicous AND handy. lol i agree with you nicole!

Juliaposted October 8, 2012 at 5:40 pm

YUM! I devoured these bad boys last Christmas but since I’m obsessed with candy corn, I just may have to make these this weekend for my own birthday, ha! I wonder if they’d be good with pumpkin kisses?!

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I suggested using pumpkin spice kisses in the post! i think they would be a WONDERFUL substitution :)

Kare @ Kitchen Treatyposted October 8, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I love these! So cute. I make them at Christmastime, but never thought about doing ‘em for another holiday – let alone with candy corns. Love.

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I plan to make these with red and green M&Ms for Christmas! I love how easy they are. Thanks Kare!

Laura Dembowskiposted October 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm

So cute for Halloween :). You know I’m a candy corn junkie! I love jelly beans and white chocolate, so I can only imagine how awesome they are with milk or dark.

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I think you’d LOVE these Laura!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted October 8, 2012 at 9:36 pm

These are so cool Sally! Jelly beans and chocolate..sound good to me. :)

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

well thank GOODNESS someone finally agrees with me!!! lol thanks Dorothy!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted October 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Oooh, I’ve made these with Rolos/M&Ms before, but using candy corn is a brilliant idea! Love these, Sally!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted October 9, 2012 at 7:13 am

I love how versatile this little treat is! I’ve made them before with other candies but not this combination. The candy corn on top is such a great idea!!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chefposted October 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm

i made these last fall. they are so good :)

• Sallyreplied on October 10th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I know! I love the salty/sweet :)

Debposted October 16, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I just finished making these for the second time in 4 days. They are super easy to prepare – the hardest part is unwrapping all the Hugs! The sweet/salty combo is awesome. Everybody enjoys them – kids and adults alike. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on October 17th, 2012 at 5:20 am

I agree! Unwrapping the candies was tedious but it makes up for the ease of the rest of the “recipe” :)

Brookeposted October 18, 2012 at 9:28 am

I made these last night, and also made some with reeses instead of hugs and added a peanut m&m on top! Very yummy! :)

• Sallyreplied on October 18th, 2012 at 9:31 am

REESE’S OMG. Brooke, you are a GENIUS. Making those this weekend. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Donna Howardposted October 25, 2012 at 8:44 am

Since you are so creative Sally, let me ask you. If I want to make some of these to give -for instance to our bird store (they always love my treats via you!!) how would be a good way to present them, to give them? Put them in a halloween type bowl and just give them the bowl? I know, I am so lame!!!!

• Sallyreplied on October 25th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Hi Donna! If you are going to simply put them out for the store, I would suggest a little pumpkin candy dish/bowl. OR if you are giving them as a gift, try putting them into a Halloween treat baggie and tie with a ribbon. Or a clear baggie tied up with a ribbon. Throw a few extra candy corns in the baggies too. You are so sweet to bake for others :)

Donna Howardposted October 25, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Hi Sally, great idea! I’ll get a nice plate/bowl tomorrow at Target when I do my weekly fun shopping!!! I just wasn’t sure about the people (there may be five or so) reaching their hands in to get them. I guess I could do a baggie and put the baggie in a bowl?? That might work. And yes, the candy corns in the baggies are a great idea. Thanks again Sally – and if I don’t give this stuff away I would be 500 lbs!!! ha ha
    love!!

Heather Rposted February 13, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I never would have thought of this on my own, but your recipe gave me the idea to put a square of Cadbury Salty Caramelized Peanut chocolate bar on a square pretzel with a roasted salted peanut on top. Very yummy. I see lots of pretzel recipes in my future thanks to all of your yummy pretzel ideas;)

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Hey Heather! Wow… all of that sounds amazing… salty pretzel, salty peanut, chocolate, caramel… holy moly!! I need to make those! So glad these easy candy corn pretzel hugs inspired you. :)

Jenniferposted September 29, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I made the candy corn pretzel bites with pumpkin spice and candy corn kisses. So good! So I decided to split a golden Oreo, smear the cream around to both sides, put a pumpkin flavored kiss in the middle and bake it. Once it melted, place a candy corn or mellowcreme pumpkin in the middle. Yummy & cute for the season!

• Sallyreplied on September 29th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Seriously loving what you did with golden oreos + pumpkins, Jennifer! So clever and yes – adorable for the season.

Alexposted October 6, 2013 at 10:21 am

I make the M&M version of these tasty treats for my husband’s coworkers at least once a month and saw this candy corn version while checking out your new brown butter milky way oatmeal cookies (they look delicious!). I definitely need to get to the store pronto to make this candy corn version and hopefully not get lost in all the candy isles!
    Are there any other sweet treats you like to top them with?

• Sallyreplied on October 6th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hi Alex! I list a handful of other topping options in the text of my post. Hope you enjoy the candy corn version!

Stevieposted October 7, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Adorable! Have all the ingredients. Gonna give it a try. Sounds Fun & Yummy!

Ameliaposted October 8, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I saw a photo of these on Pinterest. I had to try them out. Thank you for posting! I tried a variety of flavors of candy corn as well. I think my favorite combination is the Pumpkin Spice Kisses with Caramel Apple Candy Corn on top. I love you blog! Here’s a link to my post below:

Jamieposted October 16, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I’m not a big fan of the traditional candy corn BUT brach’s makes a caramel flavored candy corn that is DELICIOUS! If you haven’t tried them yet, you should, especially since you like candy corn. I will have to try making these with those. They are especially good mixed with m & m’s & cinnamon or toffee coated almonds (I’m just saying)!

Annieposted October 29, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Where did you find the circle pretzels ? I can’t find them any where. Help

• Sallyreplied on October 30th, 2014 at 7:03 pm

They are Utz brand and I buy them at Giant, Target, or Walmart.