Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs.
I have a lot of fun with pretzels and chocolate.
What may be my favorite food combination EVER (except guacamole and chips… obviously), pretzels and chocolate have made quite the appearance on my blog this year.
The possibilities are endless! And for Halloween? A little candy corn action. Because I’m tad in love with those sugary little mallowcreme confections.
The second they prematurely hit the shelves in September, I’m on it!
The moment I saw candy corn at the store last month, I picked up a bag of circle pretzels and the rest is history.
The idea of these is rather simple and they come together SO quickly. In fact, can we even call this a recipe? A “non-recipe recipe” if you will. Simply melt a Hershey’s Kisses Hug on a pretzel and top with a candy corn. Done. Easy peasy. You could also get a little crazy and top with an M&M, Reese’s Pieces, or even a pecan. Perhaps a jelly bean for Easter? I personally LOVE jelly beans and chocolate. But I know… that’s weird.
Or try Hershey’s Kisses in other varieties like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or caramel. These would also work wonderfully with the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses.
Whichever candy topper you chose and whichever Hershey’s Kisses flavor you’re using, be sure to have all of your ingredients ready to go when you begin because you’ll have to move fairly quickly. Once the hug is melted on the pretzel, press the candy corn immediately on top or else it won’t stick. When my candy corns were in place, I put the pretzel hugs in the refrigerator so that the chocolate would set quickly.
Let’s face it. I hardly have enough patience to sit through a commercial break, let alone wait for chocolate to harden on its own.
I love these pretzel hugs because I get so many of my favorites all in one. You’ve got your chocolate & pretzel combo, a beloved candy corn, a salty-sweet snack, a festive little treat, an EASY recipe, and a pretty-freaking-adorable-dessert.
Bonus? They’re bite sized. Common, WHO doesn’t love a mini dessert?
I plan to make these again for a Halloween party. While I may be known as the lavish baker of the group, I’ve got a costume to worry about!
Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs
An easy, quick Halloween treat. This recipe makes however many you want. Store pretzel hugs in the refrigerator.
- Circle or square-shaped pretzels
- Hershey 's Kisses Hugs (or any flavor Kiss)
- candy corn
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down (mine took about 4 minutes; it depends on your oven).
- While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your candy corn ready because you will have to move quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven.
- Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press a candy corn down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the candy corn on it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.
- Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Chocolate and pretzels make me weak at the knees. Yum! :D