Caramel Snickers 7 Layer Bars.

My caramel-infused, 7 layered version of a Snickers Bar!

Homemade Caramel Snickers Bars - caramel-infused, 7 layered version of a Snickers Bar!  @sallybakeblog

Let’s put the healthier eating on hold for a sec. K?

Quick, what’s your favorite candy bar? Mine are Snicker’s. I like to keep little bite sized snickers bars around for a small little treat every now and then – I like them frozen.  Am I the only one who likes frozen Snicker’s bars? Besides you, mom!

Anyway, I went a little crazy recently and added anything and everything “snickers-y” into a layered dessert bar. Making a 7 layer bar (aka magic bar) is SO easy.  Throw a bunch of stuff into a pan and cover it with sweetened condensed milk – just make sure you have a sturdy crust.  The options are endless! And today, the option is Snickers. I hope you’re ready for this.

Let’s dissect these layer by layer. I wanted to shoot photos of each layer for you but I made these bars early one dark morning, wearing my glasses, and well… I can’t really use a camera wearing my glasses. And I’m dangerously blind without my glasses.

Start with a graham cracker crust. That is the first layer. I used low-fat honey graham crackers and pulverized them with my food processor. You may buy graham cracker crumbs or crush up full graham cracker sheets – I’ll leave that up to you. Mix the crumbs with melted butter and press into an 8×8 pan.

I love that this recipe is a smaller batch recipe. Typical 7 Layer Bar recipes make a large 9×13 batch. Trust me, I do not need this many tempting caramel-laden, snickers-gooey, buttery little bars around the house.  This small-batch recipe is perfect.

Moving along to all the fun layers! I thought about all of the things packed inside my beloved Snickers bars and dug through my pantry to find the appropriate goodies. First, top the crust with milk chocolate chips (2nd layer). Add a layer of peanut butter chips (3rd layer).  Yes, I realize that regular Snickers do not have peanut butter in them, but in my world – peanut butter is ALWAYS welcome.

Next, add chopped Snickers bars (4th layer), soft caramel candies (5th layer), and chopped dry-roasted peanuts (6th layer).

The soft caramel candies and the caramel from the Snickers melt all over, making these bars SO gooey. Gooey and sticky and sweet. Tip: make sure you have napkins handy when you eat them.

Pour the 7th and final layer on top of everything.  Sweetened condensed milk is the most crucial ingredient involved, binding all of these glorious layers together.  You’ll want to completely drench the layers with a nice pour.

As the bars bake, the sweetened condensed milk bubbles around the top and edges of the pan, sinking down into every last layer.  The baked sweetened condensed milk makes the bars unbelievably chewy and it reminds me of a Snicker’s bar nougat filling.

Every last bite of these is packed with everything you love about a Snickers bar. And they have chopped snicker’s bars on top too.  It’s a double Snickers experience. 😉

There are so many tastes and textures going on in these!  A buttery crust, soft milk chocolate, crunchy peanuts, lots of peanut butter chips, gooey caramel, SNICKER’S BARS, and sticky sweetened condensed milk.  Each bite has something completely different – a texture freak’s dream come true.

And a Snickers lover’s dream come true.

Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make!

Caramel Snickers 7 Layer Bars

Yield: 16 squares

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes, plus cooling

My caramel-infused, 7 layered version of a Snickers Bar!

• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 full graham crackers ground up)
  • 1/4 cup (60g) salted butter, melted (or unsalted)
  • 1/2 cup (90g) milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup (180g) peanut butter chips
  • 2 full size Snickers Bars (58g each)
  • 10 unwrapped Kraft caramels, chopped (or use 1/2 cup Kraft Caramel Bits)
  • 3/4 cup (95g) dry-roasted peanuts
  • 8 oz sweetened condensed milk (a little more than half of a standard 14 oz can)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray generously with non-stick spray. Set aside.
  2. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mixture will be relatively crumbly. Press onto the bottom of the prepared dish and slightly up the sides.
  3. Layer chocolate chips and next 4 ingredients, in the order listed, into prepared baking pan. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
  4. Bake for 35-38 minutes or until center is set. Allow to cool completely and lift the bars out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper. Cut into bars.
  5. Make ahead tip: These bars stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 5 days and in the refrigerator up to 10. Bars freeze well, up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.

Recipe can be doubled in a 9x13 baking pan. Double each ingredient, except for sweetened condensed milk. A standard 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk may be used.

Can you tell I love Snickers?

Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Snickers Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Snickers Cheesecake Bars

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!_

Snickers-Stuffed Snickerdoodles

125 Responses to “Caramel Snickers 7 Layer Bars.”

Gerrieposted April 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I’m do doing these for my husband’s birthday! I am from Mexico and we don’t have the peanut butter chips. Can I substitute with regular peanut butter? The same amount? Thanks for your gorgeous recipes!

• Sallyreplied on April 18th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Hi Gerrie! I do not recommend using peanut butter. Use more chocolate chips or peanuts instead. Thank you!

karaposted May 1, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I cannot wait to make these this weekend!! I love all the recipes from your site! So excited for your cookbook!!

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Thank you Kara! Be sure to let me know how you like these. Enjoy!

natalie @ wee eatsposted June 25, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Can we just leave the “healthier eating” on hold and fill the rest of the year with these??

• Sallyreplied on June 26th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Umm… yes. 😉

Kyn.Cooksposted August 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

OMGGGG I made the wonderful mistake of making these AMAZING bars for my co-workers and now they will not stop bugging me for more lol. So addicting, easy to make, and DELICIOUS!! I’ve had/made Magic Bars in the past but not everyone is a fan of coconut so I was so happy when I came across your recipe. I have always been terrible at baking (my previous attempts before finding your blog have resulted in extra legs for my large sectional lol) This is the 11th recipe I’ve made from your website and every single one comes out perfect and insanely delicious. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 8:45 pm

That is so great that you make so many of my recipes! I am so flattered you love them. And these snickers bars are the best, truly one of my favorite recipes. Glad they are such a hit!

Caitlinposted August 15, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I have made these bars twice now, and made atleast a double batch each time! Now let me tell you how freaking awesome these are. If you are thinking about making these and can’t make up your mind, STOP, go to the store, buy the ingredients, assemble and bake as fast as you can so you can eat these ASAP!

The second time I made these I cut the caramels up in quaters and it helped the chewing process. I also lightly salted the top right before putting it in the oven, kind of helps cut all of the sweetness. Other than that all I can reccommend is to not share these puppies, they will be gone before you know it!

THEY KICK A$$!!!!

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Caitlin, I love your idea of salting the bars. Sounds heavenly! I am so excited to read your enthusiastic comment. I love these easy snickers bars too! Thank you for reporting back.

Shɑnzɑყ✌✌Sweetieposted September 6, 2013 at 1:04 am

Hi Sally!!!Wow these look SOOOOO amazing….I just love Snickers to death!!Everyday in work I’m eating a bite-sized Snickers,so you can imagine what effect these Magic Bars had on me

• Sallyreplied on September 6th, 2013 at 7:43 am

I know what you mean – I am in love with Snickers too! So glad you enjoyed these!

• Vanessa✌replied on September 9th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Many thanks to you!!Every recipe that you have on your site is amazing lol:-)Wish you could make more Snickers recipes like umm…..Snickers stuffed cake?Just suggesting

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2013 at 8:14 am

Snickers stuffed cake sounds delicious!

Kara Cposted October 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Hello Sally! Let me start by saying the bake sale I helped a friend out with was a huge success ( they raised over $1200 for a local family) Thank you for your insightful help on my selections, I always appreciate the comments back :)
    I am now looking into my pantry to find something to bake with my boys and I am out of peanuts, anything I can sub for them?

• Sallyreplied on October 21st, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hi Kara! I am so happy to hear that the bake sale was a huge success! $1200 is simply amazing. HUGE congrats to you – and the rest of the bakers!

I love these caramel 7 layer bars. You could simply leave the peanuts out, or sub with any of the following

1) add more peanut butter or milk chocolate chips
      2) 3/4 cup marshmallows
      3) 3/4 cup any other nut
      4) 3/4 cup chopped and peeled apples (surprisingly good)
      5) more chopped Snickers
      6) 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
      7) 3/4 cup shredded coconut

• Kara Creplied on October 21st, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Thank u so much Sally (for all the ideas & for getting back to me so fast!)
        Forgot to ask u, been a looooong day, what desserts do u suggest for 2 Halloween parties I have over this weekend, one kids party & one adults party? Any suggestions will be great, thanks :)

Breeposted November 9, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Hi! I’m excited to try this recipe out. Did you use salted or unsalted dry roasted peanuts? Was thinking the salted would be a nice cut against all the sweet but not sure if that would be TOO much salt. Thoughts?

• Sallyreplied on November 10th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Hi Bree! I used salted peanuts. It really didn’t make a huge difference. I liked the slight saltiness with the Snickers and caramel.

Kirsty Olleyposted July 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Hi hun. I’m looking at making these this week, but here in the UK I don’t think we have caramel candies, what do you recommend use as a substitute? Can’t wait to make these, words cannot express my love for Snickers 😀

Emilyposted February 12, 2015 at 9:14 pm

These sounds amazing! Unfortunately it’s hard to find Kraft caramels where I live, could I use Werther’s originals in the of place of them?

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Werther’s soft caramels (not the hard candies) work, yes!

Kellyposted August 6, 2015 at 10:32 am

I can’t believe I missed these gorgeous layer bars in all my time while browsing your blog! I must make these tonight. I LOVE frozen snickers bars and around my house, if it’s frozen, there are no calories (oh, how I wish that was true). Off to the grocery store during my lunch I go.

Carlyposted September 6, 2015 at 5:27 am

These look sooo good! Snickers is one of my favorite candy bars. Unfortunately I have all the ingredients except condensed milk. Need to go to the store ASAP.

Have you ever tried this with a pretzel crust? I think it would kind of taste like a Take 5 bar (which is also up there on my top 3 list)

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2015 at 7:21 am

I haven’t! But that sounds AMAZING Carly. Genius. I need to try it!