Hi I’m Sally and I am in love with chocolate chip cookies. It’s the perfect time to share that with you as next week is National Chocolate Chip Cookie week. Yes, I follow the food holidays. It makes this job more fun.
A week totally devoted to Chocolate Chip Cookies has me eager to share a post totally devoted to chocolate chip cookies.
About 6 months ago I shared my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. You all love these cookies so much! And I’m so glad because they are my go-to recipe.
They are perfect in my mind. Let me count the ways:
1) Soft-baked quality due to the added cornstarch
2) Incredibly thick due to the added cornstarch
3) Remain soft for days and ironically, get softer on day 2 – a quality not present in most recipes
4) Straightforward and easy recipe – no extra egg yolks, no excessive amounts of anything
5) A higher ratio of brown sugar to white sugar, making the cookies extra moist and soft
6) Dark brown sugar gives them a richer flavor
7) The dough itself tastes phenomenal on its own
8) Gorgeous crinkled, textured tops
9) Amazingly chewy edges
10) Can easily be made with browned butter instead (wow)
I have plenty of chocolate chip cookie recipes on my website – some made from this cornstarch dough, some made to taste like cake batter, double chocolate, triple chocolate, salted caramel, peanut butter, mint, M&Ms, strawberry, pumpkin, oats, healthy, and decadent.
That’s a lot of cookies! But like I said before, I am in love with them.
Here is my treasured chocolate chip cookie list.
1) First thing’s first. My favorite thick and soft chocolate chip cookie recipe.
All of the photos above are of this cookie recipe. See list above for why they are so spectacular as well.
2) My Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are made from the popular Cook’s Illustrated Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. The emphasis is on chewiness. Lots of “chewy” present in these. This recipe calls for 1 extra egg yolk. While the original recipe asks to use melted butter, I prefer to cream the butter in most of my cookie recipes. Butter in liquid form always makes my cookies so flat, so I stick with creaming the butter instead.
3) My most recent cookie recipe is for my Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies. I used the same cornstarch “soft-baked” dough as my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (#1). However, I browned the butter and chilled it into solid form before creaming it. The nutty, caramel-y brown butter brings SO much depth of flavor to these cookies.
They are salty and sweet and considered a new favorite.
4) My Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies have been made and loved by many and became quite popular overnight. They are SO easy to make using the convenience of cake mix. Thick, puffy, and remain soft for days. And they only take 20 minutes!
5) Have a GIANT craving for chocolate? Try my XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie. An easy recipe making just 1 large cookie. It’s a simple chocolate dough filled with chocolate chips and baked to soft, thick perfection. The inside tastes like a brownie! For major chocoholics.
6) Easily the most popular recipe on my blog are my Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I go into an extensive explanation about why they are so wonderful and how it took me nearly 1 year and SEVERAL failed batches to get them perfect. They are thick, soft, and bursting with cake batter flavor. They are set to be featured in a magazine this spring as well!
Just look at how many people love them too.
7) Kevin’s monster bar craving had me whip up my Brownie Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars the other week. I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base and topped it with peanut butter cups and a homemade fudge brownie recipe. To die for!
8) Peppermint Patty Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars are out of this world. Look at all of the mint goo! The bars are soft, thick, and bursting with chocolate chips. If you love peppermint patties, these bars a must try.
9) Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies use my favorite soft-baked cornstarch dough as the base. I stuffed them with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and Sno-Caps. A little unique upgrade to your regular chocolate chip cookie.
Look how thick they are!
10) Eat chocolate chip cookie dough in frosting form. Seriously, do it. My Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting combine brownies and safe-to-eat cookie dough in one.
Look at all that frosting!
11) More cookie dough! In fudge form, of course. My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge is easy to make and eat bite tastes like pure cookie dough. It’s a miracle fudge, trust me.
12) When in doubt, use salted caramel. My Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are currently in a contest and they may just be the best cookie I’ve ever baked. They have a brownie-like interior, are stuffed with oozing caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. And of course, studded with dark chocolate chips.
13) Chocolate Chip Cookie Granola Bars. Enough said!
14) Eat your cookie dough on a stick! Covered in chocolate. These Cookie Dough Truffle Pops were the first thing to disappear at one of my bake sales. Everyone LOVED them. Plus, they are fun to eat!
15) Double chocolate cookies mixed with peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and swirled into one enormous monster cookie? Yes, yes, and yes! These Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies are completely bonkers. In the best way possible!
16) Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are like chocolate turtle candies, but better. Sticky, gooey, salty caramel with pecan chunks and a ton of chocolate chips. I used my favorite soft-baked cornstarch chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base for these.
17) Searching for low-fat, diet-friendly cookies that don’t taste healthy at all? You’ve come to the right gal. My Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies were all I made in the fall and all I can think about right now. These cookies are made with no butter or oil and have a huge pumpkin flavor punch.
18) There was no one harmed making and eating my Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies, but you surely will feel like you are in heaven taking one bite of these seriously fudgy chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies. They are made with pure melted chocolate – you can imagine why I call them “death by chocolate.”
19) My Toffee Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies are for the ultimate sweet & salty lover. If you’ve never tried potato chips and chocolate before, you must. Adding toffee just makes everything better. Sweet and salty lovers unite! Trust me on these.
20) If you love mint & chocolate as much as I do, you must try my Andes Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies. They are soft-baked, thick, and bursting with mint and chocolate. I add a touch of cocoa powder to the dough to bump up the chocolate flavor as well.
21) Take a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and make it even better by turning it into a s’more. My S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies got me through a rough camping trip last year!
22) Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are made from my favorite cornstarch soft-baked cookie dough. I just added mint chocolate chips to them.
23) These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches start with my favorite cornstarch soft-baked cookie recipe. I rolled them into smaller balls before baking and stuffed chocolate frosting between two. The best kind of sandwich!
24) These popular White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies became an instant favorite with us and all of my coworkers. And you too! I used my favorite cornstarch soft-baked cookie dough recipe and overstuffed it with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
25) Want to make a chocolate chip cookie even BETTER? Stuff them with Snickers.
So there you go. My chocolate chip cookie shrine.
What are your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes like?