Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
Eggless cookie dough stuffed between two salty pretzels and dunked into chocolate. Addicting!
I made today’s sweet & salty cookie dough treats on a whim last week. I had just finished shooting my Cookie Dough Lovers Ice Cream Pie, and I just had to another cookie dough treat. I mean who doesn’t love cookie dough? Sticking your fingers into that forbidden mixing bowl for a “taste.” Then another taste, and again and again.
We’re all addicted to cookie dough, I just know it.
All you have to do is make a batch of cookie dough. Replace the egg with cream or milk. Roll the dough into a ton of balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough per ball. Try to resist taste testing the cookie dough. I dare you!
Press the cookie dough between two salty pretzels.
These cookie dough bites are the epitome of salty/sweet!
Freeze the cookie dough/pretzels before dipping into the chocolate. Chilling them for about 20 minutes makes them MUCH easier to handle when you are dunking them in the chocolate. Otherwise, the cookie dough will separate from the pretzels and fall apart.
Chill, chill, chill the pretzels/dough! Don’t miss this important step.
Time for some chocolate. Because the only thing to make cookie dough better is… more chocolate.
Perfectly sweet, indulgent cookie dough stuffed between two salty pretzels and dunked into a bath of chocolate. These are so sinful and you will NOT be able to stop at one. My friend Erin came over and after tasting one, the only thing she could say is “oh my God.”
Yeah, these decadent cookie dough bites will practically make you speechless. I love that they are no-bake. And ready in under 45 minutes. Dangerously amazing!
Stop what you are doing and make these NOW. You’ll thank me later. 😉
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
Safe-to-eat cookie dough stuffed between two salty pretzels and dunked into chocolate. Addicting!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Turn the mixer off and add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed at first, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix until combined. The dough will be thick and crumbly, just keep mixing until it comes together. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough per sandwich. The amount of dough per sandwich may vary; it depends how thick you want each dough filling. Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, break up the chocolate and melt with the shortening for about 1 minute in mircrowave, stirring every 20 seconds. The shortening is used to thin the chocolate out. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bites back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Ok, who loves cookie dough??