Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes.

Mini chocolate chip cheesecakes with a thick Oreo cookie crust and topped with homemade salted caramel sauce.

Mini chocolate chip cheesecakes with an Oreo cookie crust and homemade salted caramel.

Today’s post is very special, so I hope you listen up. There are two parts:

(1) Hunger.
(2) The recipe.

With thanksgiving around the corner, let’s start with hunger.

1. Hunger.

Today a few bloggers and I got together and brought a Thanksgiving dish/dessert to the table. A Thanksgiving potluck. Our purpose? Feeding America. Raising awareness of the hunger epidemic sweeping our country (and well, our world). 15.9 million children live in homes where they cannot consistently access enough nutrition to sustain a healthy life. In a country where girls literally starve themselves to fit cultural standards, there are millions of adults and children who actually ARE starving and don’t have enough food to survive.

During a time of the year when we are all focused on food and family, I feel it’s important to take a step back and think about others who may not be as lucky as we are. Find volunteer opportunities in your area. Virtually volunteer by spreading the word. Donate food, get involved, and help the 1 in 6 Americans who aren’t able to eat like you are.

Because of my job, I have  plethora of food laying around. I certainly can’t eat it all, nor do I have a bakery in which to sell the food. I can, however, donate extras to our church. Our church then brings it to Our Daily Bread, a Baltimore City based food kitchen.

2. The Recipe.

My recipe to contribute to our combined effort to raise hunger awareness is cheesecake. But this ain’t your regular cheesecake. Nope, not at all. There’s homemade salted caramel + cheesecake + Oreo cookie crust + chocolate chips. They’re mini, they’re cute, they’re decadent, and they’re simply divine.

The mini cheesecakes begin with a solid cheesecake base. You’ll need room temperature cream cheese, sugar, a dash of yogurt (or sour cream), 2 eggs, and vanilla. Just beat all of those basic ingredients together until smooth and add some mini chocolate chips. Regular sized chocolate chips would be fine as well.

The cheesecakes sit atop a simple Oreo cookie crust. The same crust I always use: crushed whole Oreos and melted butter. Press the mixture into 16-18 cupcake liners. Like so:

Oreo Cookie Crusts

Top the crusts with the cheesecake batter and bake. Allow the cheesecakes to chill in the refrigerator to “set.” There! You just made mini cheesecakes. It’s pretty simple, right?

Here’s the fun part: homemade salted caramel. Salted caramel is like liquid candy. Sweet, sticky, salted, sugary candy. Having a standard salted caramel recipe under your belt is priceless. Luckily, I have one for you.

I created a separate page for you to see exactly how I make salted caramel. Make sure you look at my step-by-step photos as a guide. Visuals always help me learn! With my salted caramel recipe, you’ll be an expert in no time, I promise.

(And you’ll want to pour the caramel on top of everything you eat, I promise.)

How to make Salted Caramel Sauce by

Drizzle the salted caramel on top of each cheesecake. Some of your cheesecakes may slightly sink down. There are a variety of reasons why the centers may sink. Overmixing the eggs, not using a water bath, etc. That’s ok with these cheesecakes. You want a slight sink in the center so you have a place for the salted caramel. When it comes to full-sized cheesecakes, you want to be a little more aware of sinkage-prevention.

My favorite (full-size) cheesecake recipe, as well as tips to avoid cracks and sinks, is available in my cookbook. :)

Enjoy your new favorite way to eat cheesecake!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes

Yield: 16-18 mini cheesecakes

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 3 hours, 50 minutes

Oreo Cookie Crust

• 18 whole Oreos (Double Stuf or regular)
  • 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted

Cheesecake Filling

• 16 oz (448g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup (60g) yogurt*
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (180g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular size)
  • homemade salted caramel sauce (step-by-step photos included)

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two 12-count cupcake pans with 18 liners.
  2. For the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner, see picture above for a visual. You should have enough for 16-18 cups. Bake in batches for 5 minutes and allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
  3. For the filling: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the sugar and yogurt and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips.
  4. Spoon batter into the crusts until nearly full. Bake each pan for 20-23 minutes. The centers will still be slightly jiggly, that's OK.  The centers may also have risen up quite a bit, but they will deflate as the cheesecakes cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature, at least 1 hour. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least two hours.
  5. Right before serving, top each cheesecake with salted caramel and additional chocolate chips, if desired. Cover cheesecakes tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store cheesecakes (without caramel) in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.

*Sour cream OR nonfat, low fat, vanilla, plain, Greek or regular yogurt is OK.

See everyone else’s dish for our Thanksgiving potluck:

Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts made Pumpkin Pie
Erin from Texanerin Baking made Dulce de Leche Apple Streusel Bars
Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots made Sweet Potato Biscuits with Cranberry Jam
Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Christina from Dessert for Two made Mini Pumpkin Pies
Tracey from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures made Butternut Squash, Apple and Potato Gratin with Cheddar Crumb Topping
Georgia from The Comfort of Cooking made Spiced Caramel-Apple Crumb Bars
Kate from Diethood made Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie
Gina from Running to the Kitchen made Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon, & Goat Cheese
Carla from Carla’s Confections made Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food made Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Brussels Sprouts Salad with Green Apples and Cranberries
Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Spinach Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Candied Pecans
Megan from Wanna Be A Country Cleaver made Roasted Potatoes with Bacon Parmesan Vinaigrette
Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic made Mini Apple Pies

Enjoy your new favorite way to eat cheesecake! Happy Thanksgiving.

Salted Caramel Cheesecakes

241 Responses to “Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes.”

anabelposted July 16, 2014 at 12:09 am

I doubled the recipe. Uses 36 oreo and 1/2 cup of butter. This is really good but way too greasy. Is this normal?

• Sallyreplied on July 16th, 2014 at 3:39 pm

No, that is not normal. I suggest lessening the amount of butter if you double it next time. Though I’ve never had issues with the crust being greasy.

Tajposted July 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I made those cheesecakes and they were AH-mazing! And then I made the caramel sauce…. Ohhh my goodness. Out of this world!!!!

Arianneposted August 27, 2014 at 10:24 am

hi sally,
    when making the oreo crust do you remove the filling or not?

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Use the whole Oreo as directed.

Lesleyposted September 10, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Just made these this past weekend and already have multiple requests for another batch! They were delicious. I think I overfilled the liners with the oreo crust bc I ended up with way more cheesecake than needed, but the finished product was divine. Next time more oreos! Never a bad thing! :)

Allison Marottaposted September 18, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I am not a baker and attempted these this week….. the caramel sauce was surprisingly easy and is really good! I didn’t add salt while cooking it and I just put fresh ground sea salt on top when serving… so good.

I made the cheesecakes in both regular muffin pans and mini muffin pans. Both ended up with an extremely greasy crust – I tried to follow the recipe exactly so I’m not sure what I did wrong. Other than that, they look great and taste great! If I make these again I think I would use less butter and cook the crusts a little longer and see if that helps.

Thanks for the recipe!

Kazposted September 30, 2014 at 3:00 am

Hi there!

These look amazing!! The inconvenient factor is that I’m allergic to eggs so I was wondering if there was anything that I could substitute the egg for in order to bake these?

Is there a substitute for egg generally :(?

Thanks heaps!

• Amandareplied on November 25th, 2015 at 4:36 pm

3 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1 tbsp. water, let sit for 5 mins until thick and that equals 1 egg. I use this for baking and you can’t tell the difference!

jesikaposted October 1, 2014 at 9:35 am

I have just made these and they are so easy I never thought I could make both the cheesecake and caramel thank you so much

Jadenposted October 2, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Hi, Sally. These look simply amazing! I don’t bake often, and I’m wanting to make this recipe into bars. Could you tell me how to adjust the recipe to accommodate the size of a 13×9 or 9×13 inch pan? And have you ever tried adding toasted pecans in it?

• Sallyreplied on October 13th, 2014 at 8:59 am

Hi Jaden! So sorry for the delay responding. I was on vacation. I think this recipe would be great as bars in a 9×13 pan. I am unsure of the bake time though – sorry! But the batter and crust will certainly fit. Toasted pecans are a great addition. Either sprinkled on top after baking or folded into the batter before baking. Enjoy!

joanneposted October 26, 2014 at 10:43 pm

My friends think I’m a total baking superstar after bringing these to a party. I had left over caramel, and it is terrific in coffee! Always love your recipes, thanks!

• Sallyreplied on October 27th, 2014 at 7:28 am

Oooooh my gosh. I’ve never put the salted caramel in coffee before. Why haven’t I thought of that? Trying it when I make it again! Thanks Joanne.

Dori stephensposted November 4, 2014 at 8:07 am

Wow,, I can’t wait to try these….I have made your salted caramel sauce and used it to top a sticky pumpkin cake. It turned out like a pumpkin sticky toffee pudding. This sauce really pushed it over the top. Thank you so much!

Kimposted November 10, 2014 at 10:23 am

I made these this wkend as a test run for Thanksgiving. They did come out amazing. My question to you is, can I make these on thanksgiving day in the morning to eat in the evening? Once the cakes are cooled off (room temperature) can I add the caramel and leave out and not stick in frig?

• Sallyreplied on November 11th, 2014 at 8:18 am

Hi Kim! You may absolutely make these on Thanksgiving day to eat in the evening. I do advise you to keep them in the refrigerator before serving. Cheesecake gets/tastes/looks a little off without proper chilling.

Jacquieposted November 18, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Can you tell me what you mean by ‘line two 12-count cupcake pans with 18 liners’ please? It sounds like six (of the 24) cupcake spaces wouldn’t have a liner but I doubt if that’s true. Thanks.

• Sallyreplied on November 18th, 2014 at 1:41 pm

this recipe makes about 18 mini cheesecakes. so, line your pans with 18 liners (12 in one, 6 in the other – or maybe 9 and 9? however you prefer) and bake in batches as directed.

Fatimaposted November 22, 2014 at 3:34 pm

when your using the Oreos for the crust do you take out the white icing or are you including it to make the crust

Nickiposted November 23, 2014 at 8:40 am

what kind of cupcake liners should be used??

kidposted November 23, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Made this for the family reunion on Friday, they were really yummy!!! One thing though, I don’t have a mixer with a pad so I just chunked the ingredients for the filling in the food processor. don’t think they mixed well though… do you think I can make do with a normal hand mixer for the filing or does it have to be pads?

also for bite sized cheese cakes (mini muffin size) how long should I bake them for?

Dianeposted November 23, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I made these today for thanksgiving. I did use 18 oreos, ran out if the Oreo crust, had cheesecake filling left, for about three more, I am suggesting using about 25 oreos for the crust.
    thank-you for the recipe.

Nicoleposted November 24, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Wondering if you could freeze these……looking to make these for our Christmas cookie swap!

Helenposted November 28, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I made these for Thanksgiving. I loved them. I did note that the caramel did not seem to adhere to the cheesecake. It sorta came off all together once you took a bite. Suggestions?

tinaposted December 7, 2014 at 1:47 am

Hi! Do I need to use the water bath method on cupcake cheesecakes? thanks!

mominapexposted December 10, 2014 at 7:35 pm

These look so delicious. I cannot wait to make them!

shandiposted December 11, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Can you freeze these?

Elyposted December 16, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I want to make these in a mini muffin pan so they can be bite size….any idea on the time modifications as far as baking?

• Sallyreplied on December 16th, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I’m unsure of the bake time, it will likely be around half the time. Maybe a tiny bit longer.

• Leannareplied on December 26th, 2014 at 11:19 am

I made these in a mini muffin pan and changed nothing. Turned out perfect! From the pictures I thought they were already minis, so I didn’t think I needed to modify the recipe. Made for Christmas and everyone LOVED them. I did a little less Choc chips bc I love cheese cake and didn’t want te Choc to completely take over. I also used a little over a teaspoon to fill the cups. Tablespoon was too much.

Definitely recommend – was way easier than I was expecting!!

• Kristinreplied on November 9th, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Did you use mini cupcake wrappers too? Thanks for your post – I thought they were mini’s  :) they’re so cute!

Littlemyposted December 29, 2014 at 7:37 am

Hi can you tell me if these will be really messy to transport as I have said I will make some for my husband to take into work on New Year’s Eve… Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on December 29th, 2014 at 9:03 am

They should be fine in a covered tupperware or cupcake carrier. Do you have either of those?

• Littlemyreplied on December 29th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Yes i do, thanks for your help x

Debbie Sawtelleposted December 29, 2014 at 10:17 pm

i made the bite sized ones and I baked them about 12 minutes. The recipe made about 50 mini cheesecakes. They were a huge hit!

Littlemyposted December 30, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Wow! Made the cheesecakes today and just tried one, they are absolutely delicious! Have also attempted the caramel but not sure I have achieved what was expected. Have put some on top on the cheesecakes and put back in the fridge ( as this is what I will have to do to transport them), but when I tried one the caramel had set on the top (not a prob) but it kind of slid off when trying to eat it. Is this normal or have I put too much butter in when making it? Thanks for such a fantastic recipe!

Jenny Knutsonposted January 10, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Hi Sally! Am I supposed to bake the Oreo crusts for 5 minutes first? The recipe box says to do that “in batches” while making the filling, but the long text recipe post jumps right to filling them and then baking. Thanks for clarifying! Jenny

• Sallyreplied on January 10th, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Hey Jenny! Yes, pre-bake the crusts for 5 minutes before filling.

Jamesposted February 6, 2015 at 2:36 am

I used your blog quite a bit during my “baking season” and I have to say that you have made a new fan. I made these for my new boyfriend’s family at our first Thanksgiving together and these people just destroyed these. I mean, you helped me impress 24 people; not one person disliked these. I keep getting requests to make them again and because of the demand, I think I’m going to keep this as a special-event-type recipe, that and the fact that these are very much an indulgence. *wink*

Thank you!

foodeaterposted February 12, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Will the caramel on the cheesecake harden after a few hours?

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2015 at 2:32 pm

It doesn’t completely harden – it gets a little chewy.

Gabbyposted February 17, 2015 at 9:15 am

I just made this for my work bake off – everyone had high expectations from me as I had brought in your other yummy recipes before (triple salted caramel cupcake and choc chip raspberry banana bread). Other teams had been trying to trash talk me leading up to it, trying to throw me off my game, even when I am ill. I had not made a cheesecake in almost 10 years but it was my best bet – I don’t want to risk dry cakes/cupcakes and who could resist an oreo crust?

This had to be perfect. One of my opponents accidentally brought his cake in a day early and I was told it looked good. I was shaking when I was laying it out for presentation, my team relied on me to make up some ground for the appalling week my team member had last week. I didn’t have time to try them out before I brought them in so I couldn’t be super confident and I hoped that the salted caramel wouldn’t burn in the microwave. Well no amount of trash talking could stand up when they saw when I brought out my plate of goodies – this was before they even got a taste!

Everyone clearly stepped up in week 2 – one of my competitors’ cakes looked semi professional – I hadn’t even done his level of decorating before and I am one of the most seasoned bakers at work (even then this is very sporadic). The other competitor’s square cake looked neat but basic and I was quietly confident I would score points on presentation over his at least. The judge was left alone to taste the goods while we waited impatiently in another room. The results are in – the “decorated” Ferrero choc cake with Nutella cream frosting scored high on the presentation and creativity but low on texture and taste – it was too dry – exactly what I wanted to avoid. The square blueberry and lemon and drizzle cake was highly praised in taste and texture – but average on presentation and creativity. The cheesecake – not only did it look good straight up, the crunchy oreo base with creamy cheesecake middle and gooey salted caramel on top was just too much for the senses. It was a massive hit and won easily. Couldn’t shush my trash talkers though – they are now teasing me because they think the salted caramel is shop bought standard :p

Jocelybposted March 28, 2015 at 11:17 pm

I baked these yesterday for a dinner party and they were fabulous.
    However, the cream cheese filling turned a dark yellow and even a little blackish at the top.
    What could be the cause of this?

Delaneyposted March 30, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Just to be sure, it’s okay to cool these in the muffin tins? They won’t continue cooking or anything by not removing them? Making these for a bachelorette party as the bride-to-be is a cheesecake lover :)

• Sallyreplied on March 30th, 2015 at 7:25 pm

They can cool in the muffin pan, yes.

• Delaneyreplied on March 30th, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Thanks so much!

jenposted April 3, 2015 at 5:39 am

hi I love these and bust attempted my first batch. but how should they look before you take them out? still white or turning golden?

• Sallyreplied on April 3rd, 2015 at 8:23 am

Mine are a little more white than golden on the top– it sounds like you may have overbaked them. Some golden brown is OK and if you don’t mind the appearance, completely fine to eat.

Daveposted April 4, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I made these today for Easter dessert tomorrow.. They are delicious and the recipe will be added to my “hot” dessert file folder.

Melissaposted April 10, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Have made these many times! And the caramel is straight up from heaven! If I make this in a spring form pan, what do you think the cooking time will be? Thanks Sally!!

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2015 at 4:34 pm

I’m unsure of the exact time as a full cheesecake, Melissa. It will be a very thin cheesecake, though. I suggest using my favorite cheesecake recipe to bake a full cheesecake.

You can skip the blueberry swirl and use chocolate chips/caramel as you do here.

Cassieposted April 19, 2015 at 9:08 pm

I’m have not made the cheesecakes but I am leaving a comment for the caramel because it was beyond incredible! I have had many failed attempts at caramel and finally decided to try your recipe, don’t ask me why I didn’t try this first, and I am just so thrilled! Honestly most of the batch has just been eaten with spoon :) so good!

Tiffanyposted May 22, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Hi,may I double conform with you that the Oreo which you use here,is with middle cream or not? or just use only the black cookie part?
    sorry that i  am not so sure you means here about “whole oreos”,
    it’s look really good and I want to try it.

Natiposted May 31, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Can you cut the recipe in half?

Christieposted June 17, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hi Sally, wonderful recipe you have here. If i were to half the recipe, how will that affect the total baking time? Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on June 17th, 2015 at 10:48 am

The baking time will be the same!

Milenaposted July 15, 2015 at 12:51 am

This was my first attempt at making caramel and cheesecake. Had never ever attempted these!
    I made the cheesecakes for someone that is competing in a fitness competition this coming weekend, as a post comp treat. He looooves cheesecake but had already prepped treats with Oreos. Soooo I decided to add my own touch and baked crispy Nutella cookies to make the base. I also made a few with m&m’s and Skor (for which I will prep a chocolate syrup). I tried one with the chocolate chips while it was still warm. Couldn’t wait any longer…
    They are amazing!! I cannot wait to bring them on the weekend for the athletes to devour! And the Nutella cookie crust came out perfect. Amazing recipe.. Will make it again for sure!

Amyposted July 15, 2015 at 9:35 am

I don’t think there is anything better than this Salted Caramel Sauce.  I’m DYING to make your Salted Apple Pie Bars as a result. Love, love, love this recipe — such an exceptional balance of sweet and salty.

Ireneposted July 30, 2015 at 8:52 am

Mine it because my oven is too hot or i overbaked or i overmix the batter..should i try lowering the temp, place on the lowest rack and add water bath? Cuz i dont have these problem when baking cotton cheesecake. Tq sally..the caramel is to die for!!! I hv to double the ingredients cuz its soo good!

Judyposted August 2, 2015 at 4:05 pm

The salted caramel sauce is AMAZING! So easy to make and unbelievably delicious! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!

Breeposted September 21, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I made these last night after seeing your post on Facebook!  They were super easy and TO DIE FOR!  Our friends loved them as dessert at our dinner party.  I made enough to freeze so looking forward to seeing what they taste in the future when out of the freezer!  Thank you for the WONDERFUL recipe!  As my husband said, keep this one up front in the cookbook as they will be our “go-to” dessert!

• Sallyreplied on September 21st, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Wonderful to read, thanks Bree! We LOVE these too. How can you not??

Stephanie Bergposted October 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm

These looks absolutely delicious!! Can’t wait to make for Thanksgiving this year :) Thanks for sharing

Mrs Callposted November 8, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Hello Sally! Thank you so much for your recipe, I tried it last night. I doubled the recipe. I followed the instructions and measurement it was delicious & my husband loved it. However do you think I can adjust the sugar from 3/4 to 1/2 instead? (filling)

And yes! I felt like a pro after I made the Salted Caramel Sauce, it was amazing! thank you for sharing :-)

• Sallyreplied on November 8th, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Reducing the sugar shouldn’t be an issue!

jeanposted November 15, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I made these today and they are baking now. The only things I found different is if I put a heaping tbsp in the liners there was no room for fillin and I had a huge amount of filling left. Did I do something wrong?

Kariposted November 20, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for the awesome mini cheesecake recipe. I used regular sized chocolate chips on accident but it was still delicious. I tried to follow your caramel recipe and ruined my tfal sauce pan due to the abrasiveness of the dry sugar being stirred. Perhaps a different type of pan should be used/recommended. I instead used Ree Drummond’s caramel recipe which mixes the cream, butter, and sugar together prior to cooking. It came out great!

Wendyposted November 25, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Hi. Thanks for this recipe. Is the caramel supposed to be served warm on top?

Lisaposted November 26, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Hi Sally – thanks for the awesome recipe. I am taking these to the thanksgiving family dinner and I wonder if I can top with the caramel at home. Transport and refrigerate until desert is served? Will the caramel be too hard? Or if I left it out until serving will the cheesecake not be good? What’s the best option? If I am unable to top with caramel just before serving?

• Sallyreplied on November 27th, 2015 at 9:15 am

Lisa, I gave myself the day off on Thanksgiving when you asked this question. But in the future, you can bring them topped with caramel and keep at room temperature until serving. OR refrigerate but allow to come to room temperature before serving. The caramel shouldn’t be cold.

Samanthaposted November 26, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Dear Sally,
    I made these last night and took to my daughters for her first home Thanksgiving. Her fiance’ doesn’t like chocolate (go figure! but, I like him anyway) so, I made three separate batches. One original, then original with peanut butter chips and for him, a graham cracker crust with mini toffees. You can really add anything in to the filling after it’s made. I also used the vanilla yogurt then found it a bit over sweet so I added 1/2 cup of sour cream to cut it some and it didn’t bother the texture. The salty caramel is divine. I will be making these again for our work Christmas get together. Thanks for the recipes! Next on the list is those decadent honey butter rolls!

• Sallyreplied on November 27th, 2015 at 9:09 am

Oooooh I love the sounds of these with peanut butter chips! I’ll have to try it. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks for reporting back, Samantha!