Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars.

Creamy cheesecake bars on a simple graham cracker crust with a thick Nutella swirl.

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars - only 8 ingredients!

Calling all cheesecake lovers… and Nutella lovers. This sinful recipe was made with YOU in mind. And umm… me too. I had a serious craving for Nutella last week and rather than smearing some on a banana (as per the usual), I swirled it into some cheesecake.

I don’t know if I should apologize in advance or not. You’re absolutely going to fall in love with these and your pants are not going to get any looser. Umm, so worth it. Tis the season.

These Nutella cheesecake bars are sinful. So good that they should come with a warning label. They’re creamy, thick, cheesecakey, chocolate-y, and smooth. The perfect ending to a holiday meal. The ideal home-baked gift for all chocolate lovers. Heck, they’re perfect for ANY dessert lover.

And the best part? They’re so simple! Much, much easier than making an entire cheesecake from scratch. All the work is done in the oven as the bars bake and then in the refrigerator as the bars chill.

We all have enough going on this time of year (and well, any time of year) that a simple hassle-free dessert is always welcome!

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars - only 8 ingredients!

You’re only going to need a few easy, cheap ingredients: graham crackers, butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, nutella. Yeah, that’s it. 8 ingredients total!

The base of these creamy cheesecake bars is the same graham cracker crust use in my s’mores pie and strawberry cheesecake bars. Grind up some graham crackers, mix them with melted butter and sugar. Press this mixture tightly into a pan and then top with the cheesecake batter.

The hardest part about today’s recipe is swirling the Nutella. Which is, in fact, quite effortless. If you’ve ever eaten Nutella, you know that it is quite hard to work with. So sticky! So thick! So gooey!

Those are all positive things, people. To make the Nutella easy to swirl, you may do 1 of two things. (1) Simply measure 1/3 cup of it into a small bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds. (2) Alternatively, you may sit the entire Nutella container into a large bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes.

The Nutella will be much thinner and easier to swirl using either option.

The cheesecake bars take about 30-35 minutes to bake. Be sure not to overbake them. The bars will be very puffy and the edges will be brown.

Let the bars cool at room temperature on a wire rack; the bars will sink back down as they cool. Putting the bars onto a wire rack will allow air to circulate to the bottom of the pan. Once slightly cooled (about 30 minutes) transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely – for at least 3-4 hours (or overnight).

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Sadly, these cheesecake bars take some planning ahead because of the long chill time. And waiting for them to chill is pure torture! You need them to be sufficiently chilled all the way through the center in order for the bars to cut neatly. As well as taste the best! Warm cheesecake – no thank you.

It is an enormous test of your self control to leave the nutella cheesecake bars alone in the refrigerator as they chill. But trust me – the end result is sooo worth it. :)

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars - only 8 ingredients!

When the mood strikes you for a creamy, cheesecakey, Nutella treat – because let’s face it, that’s often – these cheesecake bars are your answer.

I have a feeling this simple, 8 ingredient recipe will be in heavy rotation for the next couple of weeks. I have about 100 occassions to bake for (I need some holiday dresses – any suggestions?) and I know Nutella will always be a crowd pleaser.

Plus, look how pretty they are!

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars - only 8 ingredients!

Cheesecake may just be my favorite way to eat Nutella now. 😉

Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Yield: 16 cheesecake bars

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 4 hours, 50 minutes

• 10 full-sheet graham crackers (or 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs)
  • 6 Tablespoons (90 grams) melted unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar

• 16 ounces cream cheese (2 standard packages or 450g), softened to room temperature
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup (100g) Nutella, slightly warmed*

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.

Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.

For the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Spoon filling onto the crust. Drop large spoonfuls of Nutella on top of filling and swirl gently with a knife.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. The bars will be very puffy, but will sink slightly down as they cool. Allow to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature on a wire rack and then chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.

Store bars in a covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.

*To make the Nutella easy to swirl, you may do 1 of two things. (1) Simply measure 1/3 cup of it into a small bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds. (2) Alternatively, you may sit the entire Nutella container into a large bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes.

*Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13-inch pan, baking time will vary - about 45-55 minutes.

If you like today’s recipe, I have no doubt you’ll love these!

Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Cheesecake Bars

Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Cheesecake Bars

Nutella Stufed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Strawberry Swirl Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

Strawberry Swirl Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes

Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Nutella Frosting

Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Nutella Frosting

Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

See more Nutella recipes.

See more cheesecake recipes.

109 Responses to “Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars.”

Sandyposted May 8, 2014 at 4:15 am

What can I substitute graham crackers with? Digestive biscuits?

• Sallyreplied on May 8th, 2014 at 8:43 am

Sandy, digestive biscuits are a great alternative to those not living in the US.

• Sandyreplied on May 11th, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Baked according to your recipe, every bite is heavenly! One question though, the crust doesn’t seem to be sticking to the filling. Any remedy for this? And also what is the best way to swirl into a nice pattern? Thanks again for sharing this yummilicious recipe!

Hayleyposted May 16, 2014 at 11:09 am

Does anyone know if I could substitute the nutella with peanut butter (hazelnut allergy)?

• Sallyreplied on May 16th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Absolutely! Enjoy.

Jayposted July 2, 2014 at 1:10 am

Hey Sally
    We are travelling back to my home country in about 15 days and I have leftovers from both this and the lemon blueberry cheesecake bars. I put them in an airtight container and into the freezer so I can take them with me. Will they last or get ruined ?

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 7:42 am

They will be fine in the freezer for a few weeks, yes. Safe travels!

Samposted July 16, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Hi Sally

I’m a big fan of your recipes and just love how creative you are but these bars seem to taste really mild. If i were to bake them again I would add an extra 1/2 cup of sugar

Marlene Bellamyposted July 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Sally, you said in response to an earlier question that these can’t be frozen. I’m wondering why, as I make chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bars that freeze beautifully and have frozen other cheesecake desserts. (And thanks for all your great recipes!)

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

To be honest, Marlene, I do not care for the texture of previously frozen cheesecake or bars – so I don’t suggest it for my recipes. But you can do whatever you prefer.

• Marlene Breplied on July 20th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Thanks for the info, Sally. I’ll wait to make them when I know we will devour them right away!

Almaposted September 19, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Sally, do you think this would work in a regular spring foam cheesecake pan to make a cheesecake?

Chadposted October 14, 2014 at 1:15 am

I’d like to try this recipe as a cheesecake in a spring form pan for my brother’s birthday. Any adjustments to the recipe you can recommend?

Bh the way, I made the bars for a holiday party last year at work. One of my coworkers asked me to make a batch for her family’s Christmas Eve dinner.

Jenniferposted November 24, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I made these last week and they were a HIT! The only thing I did differently was swap out the graham cracker crust for a crust made out of Chips Ahoy. I used about 10 chocolate chip cookies and put in food processor to crush up and used the same way as the graham crackers. To die for!! LOL =)

crystalposted January 17, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Would this recipe work for mini cheesecake bites?

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Absolutely! I am unsure of the bake time.

Maria Santosposted February 10, 2015 at 9:54 am

These look phenonemal! My kids love Nutella and cheesecake! The two together will be a favorite for sure! Have you ever tried presenting this recip[e as a round cheesecake instead of bars? Just wondering if it slices well.

Pamposted May 18, 2015 at 11:13 am

I made these over the weekend, and they were gobbled up with compliments! The homemade graham cracker crust was wonderful – I was inspired to give this recipe a try as an excuse to try out your recent baking basics posting on making the perfect graham cracker crust. It was so simple (even with the rolling pin method), and tasty. Thank you once again for another delicious treat!

• Sallyreplied on May 18th, 2015 at 11:19 am

Thanks Pam!

Jacquelynposted May 24, 2015 at 9:14 am

Sally, I made this for a dinner party I went to and guests could not stop talking about how amazing this was! It was so creamy. By the time it was passed around to my side of the table there was none left. Thanks so much for the recipe!

• Sallyreplied on May 24th, 2015 at 10:43 am

Amazing! Thank you for reporting back!

Jennystickinposted August 12, 2015 at 10:10 am

These were absolutely delicious! My office is still raving about them.

I do have one question – I had a hard time with the crust sticking to the upper layer of the bars. The two layers fell apart very easily. Any idea how I could fix this?

Juliaposted August 21, 2015 at 6:38 am

Hi Sally, I made these mnami bars a couple of days ago. They are so easy to make and perfect – however didnt manage to have a bit as it disappeared so quickly :) p.s. into the graham cracker crust i mixed some oreos as well, so it was a bit colorful :)

Joan Theresaposted August 29, 2015 at 9:56 am

Can these be made in a round spring form pan?

• Joan Theresareplied on September 16th, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Can the bars be made in a round spring form pan?