White Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters.

Creamy, chewy, crunchy, and buttery cashew clusters covered in sweet caramel and salted white chocolate.

4 ingredient caramel cashew clusters! These candies are so easy and can be frozen for a simple make-ahead treat! Recipe found on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Now that Sally’s Candy Addiction book tour has come to a close (still working on a few random stops through the year, stay tuned Atlanta, Salt Lake City, and Canada!) and I’ve made 598 batches of caramels and toffee for all the book tour stops, I have… more candy for you.

I don’t call it an addiction for nothing.

Caramel candy to be exact. In the form of a cluster, similar to a turtle candy but we’ll swap out pecans for buttery cashews and semi-sweet chocolate for creamy white chocolate. All that with a sprinkle of crushed cashew and sea salt on top? No wonder we’re all addicted.

I have a traditional caramel turtle recipe in Sally’s Candy Addiction and while demoing the recipe in front of my Philadelphia readers a couple weeks ago, I felt inspired to shake things up a bit. Maybe it’s all the regular chocolate I’ve been eating or the fact that WHITE CHOCOLATE & CARAMEL IS EVERYTHING in my life. Shouting, sorry. But for real– how incredible are white chocolate and caramel together? You’re going to love them in these easy cashew clusters.

There are a couple ways you can make today’s white chocolate caramel cashew clusters. The first is with a completely from-scratch caramel, in all of its thick and creamy glory. Or you can totally take a shortcut and melt store-bought caramel squares down with some heavy cream. The choice is completely yours and the two taste pretty much identical. I suggest Kraft caramel squares if you go with the second option.

The caramel made from scratch (pictured below) is made with a candy thermometer. Don’t get scared! You can conquer it. A candy thermometer actually makes your candy making adventures easier because it literally tells you when the candy is ready. In fact, I’d be scared not to use it. Know what I mean? You can find the full recipe on page 93 in Sally’s Candy Addiction, so use the book to make today’s recipe. But, again, you can use the cheater’s method with caramel squares. You won’t need the cookbook or a candy thermometer for that!

How to make white chocolate caramel cashew clusters on sallysbakingaddiction.com

There’s only 3 easy steps: make caramel, arrange clusters, chill.

The pictures pretty much write the recipe for me.

The caramel sets and becomes that fabulously chewy caramel, stretching as long as can be when you take each bite. Omg, pure candy heaven.

Will you just look at this?! ↓ ↓

This is the candy to make if you’re afraid to make candy. Which you shouldn’t be because if you own Sally’s Candy Addiction, you know just how approachable candy is. It’s candy making, simplified.

What I love most about these white chocolate caramel cashew clusters (say that 3x fast) is all the varying texture. We’ve got smooth and buttery cashews, chewy and thick caramel, sweet and fabulously creamy white chocolate, then a slightly crunch from crumbled cashews and flecks of sea salt on top. They’ll only take about an hour of your time and most of that hour is letting the chocolate set on top. And the best part is that these white chocolate caramel cashew clusters can be made ahead of time and frozen. They won’t lose their texture nor will their taste be compromised.

I loooove them warmed up for about 5 seconds in the microwave. Paired with a cup of coffee. Followed by 6 more clusters because what is self control.

Let me know if you try them this weekend!

White Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters

Yield: about 35 clusters

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour (longer if using homemade caramel, see notes)

Ingredients:

Easy Caramel3

• 30 caramel squares, unwrapped (I like Kraft caramels)
  • 1/3 cup (80g) heavy cream

Directions:

1. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
  2. Arrange 35 clusters of cashews each with 1-2 inches between them. Use about 11-12 cashew halves per cluster. Set a couple extra cashew aside if you have any. You can crush them up to sprinkle on top of the clusters in step 4.
  3. Place the caramels in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Pour cream on top and microwave for 3 minutes total, stopping and stirring every 20 seconds. It’s a lot of stirring, but it’s imperative to prevent the caramels from scorching. If the caramel seems too thick after 3 minutes, stir in 1-2 more Tablespoons of cream. Spoon 2 teaspoons of caramel onto the center of each cluster. Set aside as you melt the chocolate.
  4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or use a double boiler. If using the microwave, place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stopping and stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Spoon melted chocolate on top of each cluster, then top each with any crushed cashews (from step 2) and a sprinkle of sea salt.
  5. Allow the chocolate to completely set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before enjoying. Store leftover clusters in the refrigerator.
  6. Make ahead tip: Clusters can made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months. Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.

1. You can use whole cashews instead, though you might need less cashews per cluster.
  2. Use pure white chocolate. I prefer either Ghirardelli, Baker's, or Lindt brands, all found in the baking aisle. Do not use chocolate chips; they are not ideal for melting or coating.
  3. If you'd rather make homemade caramel from scratch, use my Caramel For Dipping recipe found on page 93 in Sally's Candy Addiction. You'll need the full recipe for these white chocolate caramel cashew clusters. If you don't have the book, use this shortcut method with store-bought caramels. Both caramels are fantastic! I've gotten some questions about using my salted caramel recipe. Don't use that- it's liquid caramel drizzle, not thick caramel like the Caramel For Dipping in my cookbook or the Easy Caramel recipe above.

Look at the salted dark chocolate almond turtles I made for Diamond’s blog the other week. Oh my gosh, the texture… the taste… the salted chocolate!

Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Turtles by sallysbakingaddiction.com

I’m working with Diamond of California to bring you today’s recipe. Thank you for helping me work with brands I love! This post contains affiliate links.

38 Responses to “White Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters.”

Lorraineposted February 20, 2016 at 1:02 am

Please tell me Vancouver will be one of your stops in Canada…. Preferably with a candy demo too

• Lorrainereplied on February 20th, 2016 at 1:06 am

That’s odd, only half my comment showed up. I just wanted to say that I love your cookbooks and blog, everything I bake from your blog always turns out amazing! I’d love for you to do a book signing (and a candy demo

• Melissareplied on February 20th, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Hey Lorraine, that happened to me last week, when only half my comment got submitted too! Strange. Hey Sally, has this happened before? Maybe your comments thingy is playing up? PS: I sooooo love your blog, you’re my idol!

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:14 am

So sorry girls! So, your page is refreshing before you are finished typing? I’d never heard of that issue before but I’ll look into it!

Caleyposted February 20, 2016 at 7:01 am

How delicious, Sally! I don’t love nuts, but cashews are definitely my favorite 😀 And white chocolate and caramel…well, I can’t argue with a single thing about that 😉

Talposted February 20, 2016 at 7:52 am

Woahhh okay. I don’t really like pecans, but I adore cashews, so these are TOTALLY going to be made in the kitchen one day. And I mean, white chocolate and cashews? These are clearly a must! 😀

Michelle @ Modern Acupunctureposted February 20, 2016 at 8:07 am

These look MAGICAL! A group of students stopped by my office at work yesterday and were devastated that I didn’t have any baked goods to share. (I’ve been eating a lot of veggies instead lately… eh, being a grown up stinks.) But I promised I would make them something this week, and these cashew clusters are the winner! Easy and so few ingredients… done! 🙂

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:21 am

Perfect for bringing into work because they take like 5 seconds to make! 😉 And the recipe makes a ton!

Amy M.posted February 20, 2016 at 9:21 am

omg! These look divine.  Usually I don’t believe in white chocolate but these might break me of that!

Lynn @ Fresh April Floursposted February 20, 2016 at 9:51 am

I love me some cashews in caramel! And while I don’t loooooove white chocolate, I’m sure I could be convinced to eat one or seven of these.

Jessica Kellyposted February 20, 2016 at 9:57 am

I have to go back and read this entire post more thoroughly, because I had a minor stroke when you said ‘stay tuned, Canada’. Please let that be Toronto. I will campaign! I will bang on doors! I’ll help set up! I’m not kidding! I can be very persuasive!! I think I may need to lie down….

Please come to Toronto, Sally. P-L-E-A-S-E!

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:21 am

I hope I can make it up there this year Jessica! Would LOVE to meet you!

Donna Howardposted February 20, 2016 at 10:00 am

Yum – making these today. I almost passed it by when it said ‘candy thermometer’ but in reading the directions I didn’t see one was used?? So yes, I will make these (scared of candy thermometers!!)

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:20 am

Donna, the candy thermometer is used for the homemade caramel option. See the recipe note. 🙂

• Donna Howardreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:44 am

Yeah after I re-read it a few times I got that!! Duh – but thanks for answering me!! I am going to make these (without the homemade caramel!!)

Hayleyposted February 20, 2016 at 1:05 pm

While Vancouver is definitely a stop you should make in Canada on your book tour, you also have to stop on Vancouver island in Victoria. It is the capital of BC! Plus, just a town over in Nanaimo are where the world famous Nanaimo Bars originated. (Other amazing Canadian desserts are butter tarts, maple pudding cake, and beaver tails!) so yeah, will be looking forward to a Canadian visit.

Back to this recipe, I am most definitely trying. White chocolate is my favourite and I can never resist cashews 😉

• Lilyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 4:10 am

High five for Victoria! Sally come to Victoria, it’s definitely one of the most beautiful cities in Canada and has the biggest fans of cakes and muffins. 😀

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:18 am

Hayley, I’ve never made Nanaimo bars! Can you believe it? I think I need to change that asap.

• Hayleyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 11:53 am

In my slightly biased opinion, they’re the best Canadian-originated dessert!

Laura @ The Bluenose Bakerposted February 20, 2016 at 1:50 pm

My mom loves cashews, might need to make some of these for her! Also really excited to hear “Canada” as a tour stop – I doubt you’re coming this far east but a girl can dream!

• Nicole Tidmanreplied on February 20th, 2016 at 3:18 pm

You have at least 2 guaranteed to show up! 😀

Lanaposted February 20, 2016 at 2:42 pm

These look so good! Can’t wait to try them out!  Thank you for all of your recipes, everyone that I’ve tried always turns out great! Happy to hear your coming to Cananda!! Is Saskatchewan one of your stops?

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:15 am

I don’t think so. 🙁

Hope you love these cashew clusters, Lana!

Nouda A.posted February 20, 2016 at 3:14 pm

ahhhhhh please please please come to Canada! Toronto to be specific 🙂 I will die

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:15 am

I’ve never been to Canada, so I’m excited to perhaps make it up there this year!

Nicole Tidmanposted February 20, 2016 at 3:16 pm

So happy to hear that Canada is a destination on your book tour! Would LOOOOVE for you to come East… to Nova Scotia! 🙂 A girl can dream right!? Congrats on the 3rd cookbook! Can’t wait to add it to the collection. Thanks for all you do! 🙂

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:14 am

Thanks Nicole!

Sharon K (The Farm Chick Bakes)posted February 20, 2016 at 5:29 pm

These look ILLEGAL! OMG…and I just bought cashews today at the store….uh oh. I URGE you all NOT to take the cheaters way for the caramel part! Stop that thought right now! I made Sally’s homemade caramel sauce over the Holidays and made her homemade caramels! BEST I ever had! You would be doing yourselves an injustice if you cheat! 🙂

Thank you Sally for giving me yet another reason (like I need one) to love salt and caramel. Cannot wait to make these.

• Sallyreplied on February 21st, 2016 at 6:13 am

Thanks Sharon– that homemade caramel is certainly to die for!

Laurposted February 21, 2016 at 9:40 am

Phew! I’m sure you’re glad for some time at home with Jude! It’s GORGEOUS this weekend, so you came home at the right time! I am nutty for cashews, so I kind of want these in my mouth right now. Lol

Sarah @ What Sarah Bakesposted February 22, 2016 at 8:11 am

YUM! SO simple yet so pretty. I wonder what a layer of peanut butter under the chocolate would taste like… Probably delicious, right?

• Sallyreplied on February 22nd, 2016 at 10:25 am

You’re a genius.

Pamposted February 26, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Sally, I made these last night and they were gobbled up at work. A nice Fri treat that all seemed to enjoy. Thanks for the easy recipe. The hardest thing was unwrapping all the carmels. I served them on little parchment squares since they were sticky to handle even after chilling. I had no complaints!!

Lisa O'Brienposted February 27, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I wanted to make these so bad last weekend but unfortunately I was under the weather! I made them last night and they are delicious!  Since I’m allergic to most nuts I’m going to make these with dark chocolate as well.  I would like to try the homemade caramel, so I guess I’ll be book shopping!!!

Janet Fazioposted March 2, 2016 at 1:58 pm

These look FABULOUS! Can’t wait to try them and so happy all that is involved in the caramel making is unwrapping. I’m useless with a candy thermometer.

stefanieposted March 10, 2016 at 4:50 am

I’ll drizzle peanut butter on those badass clusters. That’ll be more yum!

• Sallyreplied on March 10th, 2016 at 7:08 am

I like your thinking.

Leighposted May 27, 2016 at 4:28 pm

I can’t wait to make these. I am going to use macadamia nuts.