Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook
Welcome to my published cookbook. It’s on sale now! eBook (tablet, kindle) version available too.
I spent the entire summer of 2013 writing this book. The journey was filled with many ups and downs, but I couldn’t be happier that it’s finally here! Without a doubt, I could not have written this book without the support from my readers. Thank you for continuing to encourage me! Oh, and for loving sweets as much as I do. I hope that my cookbook is a reflection of just how grateful I am for your support.
Behind the scenes of my blog last summer, I secretly developed, tested, baked, styled, shot, edited, and wrote 75+ recipes. My second home was the grocery store. I washed the same mixing bowl 400 times. I actually found a sprinkle in my hair one night. Actually, that happened a few times.
The cover of the book? That photoshoot took me 5 days, over 300 shots, 12 different napkins, 5 different surfaces, 3 different plates, arranging sprinkles with tweezers, and stalking the weather for perfect sunny afternoons. No pressure!
Take a step inside with me…
What is in the book?
* Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
* Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.
* Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.
* You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.
* Each recipe includes the prep time and cook time to help you plan ahead.
* I share every kitchen tool you’ll need to make the recipes, including how many baking pans, their sizes, and my favorite brands.
* I share helpful information about key ingredients used in the recipes.
* The recipes all have introductions describing the recipe, how I came up with it, and/or sharing a short personal story about the recipe. Likewise, each chapter has an opening paragraph describing what’s ahead and giving a few helpful tips.
A few pictures to share…
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes – a simple vanilla cupcake, filled with raspberry, and topped with white chocolate frosting.
Overnight French Toast Bake – a recipe straight from my mom’s kitchen. She makes this breakfast nearly every holiday. It’s a wonderful recipe if you’re entertaining. All the work is done the night before.
Death by Chocolate Brownies – ditch that box of brownie mix! This is my very favorite homemade brownie recipe. Ultra fudgy and loaded with chocolate.
Like I mentioned above, each recipe has a photo to go along with it. There are over 75 recipes and 75 photographs. It’s a very visual and colorful cookbook. In fact, each chapter is a different color – just like a rainbow. I photographed and styled all of the food photos in my book. A huge undertaking indeed, but I’m so glad I did it.
Each recipe was carefully developed and tested multiple times in my kitchen. The Key Lime Pie recipe on page 77? I made it 7 times.
Each recipe in my cookbook was taste-tested by a handful of loved ones.
The pages are filled with desserts, muffins, cakes, cookies, and more. I also included a lengthy chapter at the end of the book for those of you looking for healthier options. These Pumpkin Granola Bars are good anytime of year, trust me.
Whether you are a novice or an experienced baker, I truly hope the recipes in my cookbook become a permanent part of your repertoire – and I hope you have a sweet tooth! Order Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook today.
Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook was editorially selected as one of the best books of March 2014 on Amazon. What an honor!
If you have any questions regarding this cookbook – including a question about availability or a question about a particular cookbook recipe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org