Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook
Welcome to my first published cookbook. It’s on sale now! An eBook (tablet, kindle) version is available too.
I spent the entire summer of 2013 writing this cookbook. The journey was filled with many ups and downs, but I couldn’t be happier that it’s finally here– gracing the counters and bookshelves in your home. Without a doubt, I could not have written this book without the support from my readers. Thank you for continuing to encourage me! And for loving sweets as much as I do. I hope that my cookbook is a reflection of just how grateful I am for your support and love.
Behind the scenes of my blog that summer, I secretly developed, tested, baked, styled, shot, edited, and wrote 75+ recipes. My second home was the grocery store. I washed the same mixing bowl 400 times. I found a sprinkle in my hair one night. Actually, that happened a few times.
The cover of the book? That photoshoot took me 5 days, over 300 shots, 12 different napkins, 5 different surfaces, 3 different plates, arranging sprinkles with tweezers, and stalking the weather for perfect sunny afternoons. No pressure!
Take a step inside with me…
So, what is in the book?
* Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
* Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.
* Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.
* You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.
* Each recipe includes the prep time and cook time to help you plan ahead.
* I share every kitchen tool you’ll need to make the recipes, including how many baking pans, their sizes, and my favorite brands.
* I share helpful information about key ingredients used in the recipes.
* The recipes all have introductions describing the recipe, how I came up with it, and/or sharing a short personal story about the recipe. Likewise, each chapter has an opening paragraph describing what’s ahead and giving a few helpful tips.
A few pictures to share…
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes – a simple vanilla cupcake, filled with raspberry, and topped with white chocolate frosting.
Overnight French Toast Bake – a recipe straight from my mom’s kitchen. She makes this breakfast nearly every holiday. It’s a wonderful recipe if you’re entertaining. All the work is done the night before.
Death by Chocolate Brownies – ditch that box of brownie mix! This is my very favorite homemade brownie recipe. Ultra fudgy and loaded with chocolate.
Like I mentioned above, each recipe has a photo to go along with it. There are over 75 recipes and 75 photographs. It’s a very visual and colorful cookbook. In fact, each chapter is a different color – just like a rainbow. I photographed and styled all of the food photos in my book. A huge undertaking indeed, but I’m so glad I did it.
Each recipe was carefully developed and tested multiple times in my kitchen. The Key Lime Pie recipe on page 77? I made it 7 times.
Each recipe in my cookbook was taste-tested by a handful of loved ones.
The pages are filled with desserts, muffins, cakes, cookies, and more. I also included a lengthy chapter at the end of the book for those of you looking for healthier options. These Pumpkin Granola Bars are good anytime of year, trust me.
Whether you are a novice or an experienced baker, I truly hope the recipes in my cookbook become a permanent part of your repertoire – and I hope you have a sweet tooth! Order Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook today.