Popsicles are always fun to make– not to mention pretty simple, too. Look no further than these 3-ingredient blueberry yogurt swirl popsicles for a refreshing and satisfying summer treat.
Spoiler alert: I love making sweets. But I also love finding ways to make them a little healthier for my family. Add a little summertime heat wave and enter my homemade yogurt popsicles. You can make them all sorts of ways. Change up the yogurt (although in my opinion you can’t beat the creamy tartness of Greek yogurt — it’s fantastic in this peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting, too) or try different types of fruit for the puree. Add a little agave or honey, and then pop them in the freezer.
Tell Me About these Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles
- Texture: Smooth and creamy like a yogurt pop should be.
- Flavor: Bright and fresh with a bit of tartness.
- Ease: Can’t get much easier than 3 ingredients. The only “involved” step is blending the blueberries.
- Time: 10 minutes of prep, 6-8 hours to freeze.
Choosing the Right Ingredients & Popsicle Mold
- Popsicle Mold: Here’s the popsicle mold I own and love– great quality for the price.
- Agave or honey? I’ve tried these with agave and honey and both work well. You don’t need much– just a little something to sweeten up the tart berries AND tart yogurt. If you’re using a sweeter fruit like dark sweet cherries, you can reduce the amount of liquid sweetener. Just go by your preferred taste.
- Flavored yogurt. I suggest using a flavored yogurt like vanilla, blueberry, or honey. I like using nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, but a low fat or full fat variety works too. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be Greek yogurt– any yogurt you love works.
To Make Tie-Dye Pops
To achieve the tie-dye swirly look, mix the yogurt and blended blueberries together very lightly. Don’t fully combine them. You want patches of white yogurt and patches of violet blueberry specks.
More Fruity Treats
- Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream
- Berry Cobbler
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Blueberry Scones
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
These super simple, protein-packed 3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles hit the spot when the weather heats up! A gluten free treat.
- 2 cups blueberries*
- 2 Tablespoons agave or honey*
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (or any flavor)
- Blend the blueberries in a food processor or blender on high speed until nearly liquified into a smoothie-like consistency. See above for a photo.
- Pour the thick blueberry liquid into a large bowl. Stir in the agave/honey. Add the yogurt and very gently mix everything together. If you want a tie-dye, swirly look to your popsicles– do not fully blend the yogurt and blueberries. You want those patches of white and blue. The mixture will be thick. Taste it. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little more agave/honey.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
- Blueberries: You can be a little generous with the 2 cups of fruit (maybe closer to 2 and 1/4 cups). And try using another fruit! You can use around 2 cups of halved cherries, sliced strawberries, chopped peaches, blackberries, or raspberries.
- Sweetener: The agave or honey really makes the flavors of the tart fruit and tart yogurt pop. I much preferred the batch made with a little liquid sweetener over the test batch without. If you’re using a sweeter fruit mentioned above like dark sweet cherries, reduce down to 1 Tablespoon. Taste the mixture, then add a little more if you’d like.
- Here’s the popsicle mold I own and love!
Keywords: healthy popsicles, blueberry yogurt popsicle