Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.
How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do? ☀
While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)
If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.
Yep, we are officially moving! I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet.
Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.
Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.
Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.
Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.
You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.
I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.
Yup yup, that’s it.
Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.
Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- Popsicle mold (here is the one I own)
- Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
- Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes next!
See more gluten free recipes.
See more vegan recipes.
See more frozen treats.