These healthy 3 ingredient strawberry banana popsicles are the perfect cool treat for a hot summer day. Sweet, fruity, creamy, and easy. They’re simple and delicious—just like any summer recipe should be!
These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temperatures rise. You only need 3 healthful ingredients—strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. They are the perfect addition to include in your BBQ cookout recipes. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and let’s get popping.
Tell Me About these Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- Texture: Smooth and creamy.
- Flavor: The popsicles are made with strawberries, a banana, and pineapple juice. You can really use any juice here such as apple, orange, or even cranberry. All you taste is sweet refreshing fruit!
- Ease: Blend, pour, and freeze. That’s all we’re doing!
- Time: The popsicles take just 10 minutes to prep, but require 8 hours to freeze. If you’re looking for a frozen treat recipe with a shorter freeze time, try these cookie ice cream sandwiches.
Choosing the Right Ingredients
- Frozen banana. I like to use a frozen banana because when you blend it up, it creates an ice cream-like base. (More than a regular, unfrozen banana would.) Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Love using it in this green smoothie, too!
- Juice. My favorite juice for these pops is pineapple juice because it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy banana.
- Sweeten it up. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. I usually don’t—if your strawberries and banana are ripe, the pops will be sweet.
What Popsicle Mold Do I Use?
Here’s the popsicle mold that I own. It’s durable, inexpensive, and dishwasher safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (and similar brands) at Target, Walmart, major grocery stores, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Any popsicle mold like that will work for this recipe.
Overview: How to Make Strawberry Banana Popsicles
The full printable recipe is below, but let’s walk through it so you understand each step before you get started.
- Blend. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour into molds and freeze. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 8 hours.
- Remove popsicles. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove.
More Favorite Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Buttercream
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Healthy Berry Streusel Bars
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
For more gluten free treat options like these popsicles, here are 40 more gluten free dessert recipes that are always a hit.Print
Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth—about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing—if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight. Overnight is recommended for easy removal.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
Keywords: strawberry banana popsicles