Are you ready for the most amazing, no bake, ready in 5 minutes, knock-off-your-socks recipe?!
It’s no secret that I love cake batter flavored everything.
It was only a matter of time until I expanded my recipe archive to feature cake batter rice krispie treats too.
Gooey, super marshmallow-y, full of colorful sprinkles, and bursting with that cake batter flavor you love. Do I need to convince you more to make these NOW? 😉
An easy recipe for cake batter rice krispie treats!
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows
- 2/3 cup boxed yellow or white cake mix (the dry cake mix, not the batter)
- 6 and 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Spray a 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, stir in the dry cake mix. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the cereal until it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture. Mix in half of the sprinkles. Press into prepared baking pan and top with the remaining sprinkles. When I press rice krispie treats into a pan, I use a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray, making it easier to press down. Press down lightly, as too much pressure will create hard rice krispie treats.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and cut into squares. Squares stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff.
Keywords: cake batter rice krispie treats