Made in 1 bowl, these homemade corn fritters are crispy, savory, simple to prepare, and filled with fresh vegetables. Serve with a cool and creamy honey jalapeño yogurt dip for the ultimate summer recipe!
Golden brown, loaded with sweet corn, and exploding with fresh herbs and spices, these easy corn fritters will steal the show of any summertime meal. They’re completely and unapologetically packed with corn– very corny, if you will! Paired with a creamy and refreshing yogurt dip, these fritters are a must make this season.
These Corn Fritters Are:
- Crispy, colorful, and spiced
- Made in 1 bowl
- Bursting with fresh flavors
- Filled with summertime veggies, just like zucchini fritters
- Delicious as a side dish or main dish– as a side, they always outshine the main meal because they’re just that good
- Versatile and adaptable
Ingredients You Need for the Best Corn Fritters
While made with simple ingredients, these corn fritters pack a flavorful punch. They’re incredibly versatile, so customize them to your taste preferences.
- Corn: We can’t have corn fritters without corn, and you’ve got options. Canned corn, frozen corn, fresh corn– whichever is easiest! For even more flavor, I recommend using roasted fresh corn or grilled corn on the cob. It’s definitely an extra step, but adds that something special.
- Whole Wheat Flour: Flour helps bind the ingredients together. You can use whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, or even gluten free flour.
- Bell Pepper: Fresh bell pepper adds color and flavor. Use your favorite variety– red, green, orange, or yellow.
- Flavorings: Use a combination of cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, honey, and garlic for ultimate flavor. Feel free to customize these ingredients to your liking– sometimes I add a little more cilantro just because I love it, so play around with what you like best. Don’t be afraid to add a lot of herbs and spices because that’s what makes these taste so good. Leave out the jalapeño if you don’t like spicy foods, or increase the amount for more spice. I don’t love spicy food– I enjoy it medium style, and 1/2 jalapeño was the perfect amount.
- Spices: You have total control over which spices to use in these fritters. I love a combination of smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Eggs: Eggs keep the fritters intact and bind everything together.
- Oil: Use your oil of choice for frying. That’s how they get crispy!
Honey Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
Cool and creamy Greek yogurt dip is packed with garlic, honey, jalapeño, and lime– a refreshing accompaniment to the warm fritters. We’ll use a lot of the same ingredients needed for the fritters, so it’s convenient to prepare, too. You can easily adjust the spiciness and flavors to your liking, just like with the fritters. Dunked, dipped, or scooped on top– I absolutely love the flavors in this dip!
This recipe yields a large batch, which is perfect for lunch and quick dinners during the week. I reheat them in the microwave or oven until warmed through. You can easily halve the recipe if you don’t need quite as many fritters– but they do freeze wonderfully. I usually serve them with some fish or with/on a hearty salad for a meatless meal. But let’s face it, they always steal the show.
More Favorite Savory Recipes
- Black Bean Burgers
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Crab Cakes
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Fingers
- Honey Chipotle Salmon
- Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Crispy, savory, and easy corn fritters are all mixed together in 1 bowl. Serve with a cool and creamy honey jalapeño yogurt dip!
Honey Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use nonfat)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced (or more if you want more heat!)
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)*
- 1 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- couple pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil for frying
- Make the yogurt dip: Whisk all of the yogurt sauce ingredients together except for the salt. Taste, then add salt to your taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the fritters: Mix all of the fritter ingredients together in a large bowl. Set in the refrigerator, uncovered, as you heat the oil.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, use a large spoon and scoop 3 Tablespoons of the fritter mixture (I always eyeball the amount). Place the mixture onto the hot skillet and form into a circle as best you can. Repeat with a few more, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate until finished.
- Serve warm fritters with yogurt dip.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: These fritters make great leftovers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat by placing on a lined baking sheet under the broiler for a couple minutes or pop into the microwave for a minute or until heated through. You can freeze fritters for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat as directed.
- Corn: If using frozen corn, thaw and drain well. If using canned corn, drain well.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works too– as would a gluten free flour blend.
- Get creative with your herbs and spices. Feel free to sub in any of your favorites.
Keywords: corn fritters, easy corn fritters
And here are my favorite zucchini fritters with, you guessed it, more greek yogurt dip! This time it’s garlic herb yogurt sauce with lots of fresh mint and parsley.