I do not want to make any health claims on this recipe as I’m not a doctor or skincare professional. However, I’m so happy to speak from experience! I’ve been drinking this glowing skin smoothie everyday for the past month and have noticed a huge difference in not only my energy, but my skin has never looked better. And the best part? This green smoothie actually tastes good.
A few things first…
√ The avocado. Avocados are known to hydrate the skin, bringing back that glow we all love.
√ The mangos and pineapple. Mangos contain carotenoids, which help our skin glow. My dermatologist told me that these carotenoids help give a rosy glow to dull looking skin. And pineapples are high in vitamin C, which I’ve learned is key to the production of collagen, giving our skin its firmness and strength.
√ Spinach OR kale may be used. Both nutrient dense super foods.
√ Coconut water. This is known to be incredibly hydrating.
The frozen banana (just like in my orange creamsicle smoothie) and avocado leave it incredibly thick. The mango and pineapple sweeten things up, the coconut water thins it out and helps it blend, and the greens pack one HUGE nutrient punch.Print
This glowing skin smoothie is not only energy boosting and delicious, it contains ingredients known to keep skin healthy.
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water (or more as needed)
- 2 frozen bananas (previously peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- optional: 1 Tablespoon ground flax or flaxseed oil
- Coconut Water: If you don’t have coconut wanter, use regular water or almond milk or your favorite juice. If not using coconut water, perhaps add a touch of coconut oil which I’ve learned is great for skin.
- Substitutions: If you do not like any of the fruits listed, simply replace with another fruit used. Or add strawberries or blueberries.
Keywords: glowing skin smoothie