Classic Hawaiian Pizza combines pizza sauce, cheese, cooked ham, and pineapple. This crowd-pleasing pizza recipe starts with my homemade pizza crust and is finished with a sprinkle of crispy bacon. It’s salty, sweet, cheesy, and undeniably delicious!
Hawaiian pizza is the most underrated pizza on the planet. Combining pineapple, cheese, and ham, Hawaiian pizza is sweet, salty, and cheesy all in 1 bite. It’s just the BEST pizza variety! We’re using my homemade pizza crust and adding bacon on top. Bacon isn’t a traditional Hawaiian pizza topping, but everything goes with bacon… right?
Homemade Pizza Dough
Let’s talk homemade pizza crust. I’ve been making this pizza dough every week for the past several years. There’s a reason why I keep going back to it:
- The recipe is perfect for bread beginners
- Only 6 ingredients required
- Most of the time is hands-off
- Crisp edges & fluffy interior
- So, so flavorful.
It’s the best homemade pizza crust. I always use Red Star Platinum in my pizza dough because I have the best results. The Platinum line is fantastic; its careful formula strengthens your dough and makes making working with yeast simple.
Baking with Yeast Guide
Homemade Pizza Dough Video Tutorial
Here is a video tutorial for the homemade pizza dough.
This homemade pizza dough freezes well, thaws easily, and puffs up beautifully when baked. It’s a thick-style crust recipe that can hold an impressive amount of toppings. If you have a “more is better” attitude about pizza toppings, this homemade pizza crust is for you!
Hawaiian Pizza Toppings
Use fresh or canned pineapple chunks. For the ham, you can use either ham or Canadian bacon. The two are similar in taste and texture, but Canadian bacon is a little leaner. And they come from different parts of the pig. (Just in case you were looking for a ham lesson today.) I usually use Canadian bacon. Cooked bacon crumbles are optional, but they add awesome flavor and crunch. You can also add sliced onions too.
Another lesson for you: Hawaiian pizza is not actually Hawaiian. It originated in Canada.
It’s time to shake up your pizza nights with a tropical twist!
More Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Margherita Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Chicago Deep Dish Style Pizza
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke White Cheese Pizza
My pizza dough recipe makes enough for two 12-inch pizzas. Toppings listed are enough for one 12-inch pizza. Freeze the rest of the pizza dough for another time.
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
- 1/2 cup (127g) pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (75g) cooked ham or Canadian bacon, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup (82g) pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare pizza dough through step 5, including preheating the oven to 475°F (246°C). Cover the shaped dough lightly with plastic wrap and allow it to rest as the oven preheats.
- To prevent the pizza toppings from making your pizza crust soggy, brush the shaped dough lightly with olive oil. Using your fingers, push dents into the surface of the dough to prevent bubbling. Top the dough evenly with pizza sauce, then add the cheese, ham, pineapple, and bacon.
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil, if desired. Slice hot pizza and serve immediately.
- Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months. See pizza crust recipe for instructions on freezing the pizza dough.