So many new website features to introduce today! What you see has been 2 years in the making and my team and I could not be more excited to finally show it to you. We’ve been taking in feedback from readers to improve the website’s functionality and overall experience. So many people came together to make these wonderful updates including my entire team, designer Lindsay Humes, and the development team at WP Site Care.
You will find all of the same recipes you’ve grown to trust, now in a more user-friendly format. There are many more ways to narrow down your search to find exactly what you’re looking for – no small feat with over 1,200 recipes to sort! You will find the complete menus at the top of the page on a computer screen and as a drop-down when you tap the 3 lines on the left at the top on a mobile or tablet device.
So, What’s New?
Beyond the pretty aesthetic changes, here are just a few of the exciting, more impactful updates the team and I have made for you:
- New logo: My business is constantly growing and evolving, and the updated logo Sally’s Baking Recipes reflects that. After all, if you search for “baking recipes”, I hope you’ll find this site and I hope you’ll find it useful! (Note that the URL is not changing at this time!)
- Start Here page: If you’re completely new to my website, start right here!
- New recipe catalog: Introducing my full catalog of recipes where you can find my most popular recipe categories and top-rated recipes. On this page, you can also browse different sections based on dietary restrictions, ingredients, season, occasion, and skill level. And my team and I have created more categories so you can narrow down your recipe search including subcategories under Cakes, Cookies, and Pies. (Visit each page and see the new options such as Layer Cakes and Cut-Out Cookies!)
- Filter recipes by skill level, ingredient, special diet, and more: It’s now easier than ever to find your next recipe on the improved recipe index filter page. Looking for a single layer cake for Valentine’s Day? A bread perfect for winter? A cookie that has chocolate and is also dairy free? Narrow down my extensive recipe catalog to find the perfect options for your next kitchen adventure.
- Ingredients index: Enjoy a refreshed look on the Ingredients Index page. If you want to bake with a certain ingredient, you can click on the ingredient on this page to find all of the recipes using that ingredient.
- Search bars all over the place: And the search function has been massively improved! Simply type in exactly what you’re looking for in any of the multiple search bars.
- More user-friendly Sally’s Baking Challenge page: Everything you need to know about Sally’s Baking Challenge is now on one Sally’s Baking Challenge landing page including how my fun monthly challenges work, Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ, and every single previous baking challenge recipe. It’s all right there!
- Updated baking tips page:. Over the years I’ve published many helpful baking tips/tutorials for bakers of all skill levels. Now you can find them all in one place in the growing Baking Tips section. My graphic design expert, Trina, is working on new graphics and free printables including Cake Pan Size Charts, Measurement/Weight Equivalent Charts, and more. Stay tuned!
- In-depth FAQ page: Have a question about a recipe? Check out the new frequently asked questions page for detailed answers to your most commonly asked baking questions.
- Video section: While I always include detailed step-by-step directions and photos for every recipe I publish, my team and I know how helpful it can be to actually watch a recipe come together on video. Now you can find our wide selection of baking videos easily in one spot. My video crew will be filming me cooking-show style this spring, so stay tuned for lots of fun new video content!
- Cookbooks page: Find information on my published cookbooks on the new Cookbooks page. (Note that my publisher informed me that Candy is no longer in print, but hopefully will come back!) And guess what? I’m hopeful to add 1 more published cookbook to this page in the future!
We’re still working out a few kinks, so if you see anything odd– know that it will be sorted out ASAP! We are also adding a few more little design elements in the days and weeks to come.
Welcome and have fun browsing for your next bake!
Sally and Team