I love cookies. All different kinds! Sometimes I crave a wholesome, oaty cookie full of things I can feel good about like honey, flax, dried fruits, and oats…. but that day is not today.
These soft and chewy cookies are stuffed with peanut butter Snickers bars! An important note: use FROZEN Peanut Butter Snickers pieces for the cookie dough. Make sure those snickers pieces are rock solid or else they will melt and flatten out the cookies.
These soft and chewy cookies are stuffed with peanut butter Snickers bars!
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons (265g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks; 170g) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) chopped Peanut Butter Snickers bars, frozen*
- Roughly chop peanut butter snickers into pieces. Place in a small bowl and stick in the freezer while you prepare the dough.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms. Fold in frozen peanut butter snickers pieces.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoons of dough and drop onto ungreased baking sheet or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers will look soft. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Snickers: It’s important to use FROZEN Snickers bar pieces. If the Snickers bar pieces are not frozen, the chocolate bars will melt and spread within the dough, resulting in a flat, thin cookie.
- Chilled Dough: It’s important to keep the cookie dough chilled at all times, so keep the cookie dough in the refrigerator between batches.
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: peanut butter snickers cookies