Fat-Free Strawberry Banana Muffins
Healthy, quick breakfasts are easy.
Today I bring you moist, soft strawberry banana muffins that are completely FAT FREE and only 90 calories each. And yet, they are SO flavorful. The secret: mashed bananas, applesauce, and fresh sweet strawberries.
I love the portion control of muffins. Grabbing a couple while I’m out the door to the office is just so much easier than taking the time to pour cereal and milk.
I’m not even sure how something fat free could taste so flavorful, but these truly do!
Fat Free Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium banana, divided (mash 1/2 and slice the other half into very thin slices)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, & cinnamon. Slice the banana in half and mash 1st half with a fork and cut 2nd half into thin slices (set these aside). Add the mashed banana to the dry ingredients and stir. Add the applesauce, beaten egg white, vanilla and stir until *just* combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and banana slices. Pour batter into muffin tray, filling about 2/3 of the way up. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Muffins stay fresh and soft up to 7 days in an airtight container.
- Make ahead tip: Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
You’ll love my Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins too!
And these Skinny Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins.
Also amazing: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars.