Healthy, quick breakfasts are easy.
Today I bring you moist, soft strawberry banana muffins that are completely FAT FREE and only 90 calories each. And yet, they are SO flavorful. The secret: mashed bananas, applesauce, and fresh sweet strawberries.
I love the portion control of muffins. Grabbing a couple while I’m out the door to the office is just so much easier than taking the time to pour cereal and milk.
I’m not even sure how something fat free could taste so flavorful, but these truly do!
makes 9-10 muffins
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium banana, divided (mash 1/2 and slice the other half into very thin slices)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, & cinnamon. Slice the banana in half and mash 1st half with a fork and cut 2nd half into thin slices (set these aside). Add the mashed banana to the dry ingredients and stir. Add the applesauce, beaten egg white, vanilla and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and banana slices. Pour batter into muffin tray, filling about 2/3 of the way up. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Muffins stay fresh and soft up to 7 days in an airtight container. Muffins freeze well.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You may enjoy a few of my other healthy recipes as well
Sky High Apple Pie Muffins (low fat, whole wheat)