Bites of Real Life, 1.
Hi! Stepping out of the kitchen today and throwing you some real-life moments & tidbits.
1) My love-hate relationship with all that incredible, nutritionally-void candy corn is going strong.
Love love love spotting the delightful little sugary confections on the shelves for the first time each year. Hate that I can’t even make an entire bag last more than 2 days.
Does anyone else bite the white part off first?
2) A night of baking with my girls led to lots of wine and sprinkle overload. The best kind of night.
These candy corn cookies were so fun to make! Dye sugar cookie dough orange, cut into triangles, bake, and dip into chocolate and sprinkles. Easy peasy, no recipe even needed!
3) My stunna shades…
Essie Bahama Mama – a radiant, yet sultry deep burgundy purple. Definitely popular with Ravens fans, but I clearly just wear it because it matches my favorite fashion scarf.
OPI Dutch Tulips – a classic red with a hot pink undertone. No shimmers, goes on smooth, doesn’t chip. My go-to shade for years. Almost NEVER leaves my nails no matter what the season is.
Essie Limo-scene – looks like you just got a manicure after two coats. Makes my nails look fancy, even after a day of doing dishes and kneading dough.
4) Ugh. My autumn obsession travels outside of my kitchen and comfy sweater drawer. Apple Pumpkin and Spiced Pumpkin are my favorites. Do you have any Yankee Candle faves?
5) I’m in full-blown Halloween mode and there’s no turning back…
Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, orange yoga mat, orange Jude.
That swirly twirly pie. Ahem. Coming to a blog near you tomorrow.
6) Hi Kevin! Happy Anniversary! I know you don’t read my blog.
7) Attention all bloggers!
I’m looking forward to actually learning more about WordPress and my Thesis theme next month. My web design team, Zesty Blog Consulting, is hosting an interactive training program to teach all of us basic and advanced knowledge to make the most of our blogs. Cory, the head of the gang, is my technology gu-ru.
Blogging friends: I strongly suggest you look into this. In Cory’s words: In just four, one-hour classes, you’ll master all the basics: how to build custom pages, links and posts, use plugins, update widgets, manage media, and much, much, more. You’ll also get homework and worksheets to make sure you really get it, and you get to ask me all your questions as you go, so you’ll never feel like you’re on your own. Don’t worry if you’re not a “technical” person. I promise, no experience with computer graphics, coding, or web design is required. At the completion of the course you will have the skills required to run your blog or website effectively — all by yourself.
Click here to register and since you’re my friends, use the coupon code WORKSHOP to get $30 off your fee. 😉
8) Yesterday, we finished the last of the Peppermint Patty Fudge Cookies. As if Mondays couldn’t get any worse.
Any bites of real life you care to share?