Bites of Real Life, 3.

{meet Bailey. can i have some more turkey, pleeeeease?}

{meet Marie. best bud.}

{polka dotted christmas.}

{night out with my favorites.} :)

{i’ll take all three please.}

{purple sunsets over the harbor.}

{yes and yes.}

{sparkly shoes}

{holiday cupcake pillow. necessary.}

{also necessary.}

{hikes with my Jude.}

{hi!}

{post hike fuel.}

After quite the unexpected hiccup in Sally’s Baking Addiction online world this week, I am happy to announce that I have successfully upgraded servers.  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, page errors, missing links, and black holes you may have experienced the past two days.  What a headache!

If you notice and bumps or missing comments, photos, links or recipes due to the server upgrade, give me a shout and we’ll do what we can to have it fixed right away.

Off for a weekend of holiday decorating with the family.  I’ll be back on Monday with… you guessed it… another cookie recipe!  And a continuation of my Bites To Grow Your Blog Series shortly after. :)

What are your weekend plans?

45 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 3.”

Shirley@bells-bakeryposted November 30, 2012 at 6:44 am

Oh how adorable is bailey :) I am loving your leopard print shoes and your sparkly ones of course,so cute!

Have a great weekend,im off christmas decorating myself today, woohoo :)

Shirley x

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 7:09 am

i have an addiction to shoes. and dogs! and baking, obviously. :) Have a wonderful time decorating and a great weekend Shirley!

The Witch's Kitchenposted November 30, 2012 at 6:53 am

My puppies were beggin for turkey as well. It’s so hard to eat when you have those big black eyes staring at you the whole time!

YAY! for the server being done. Now I can try out those Confetti Cookies tonight!

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 7:09 am

I agree! I couldn’t resist giving him more bites. Yep, the confetti cookies are back in action. :)

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted November 30, 2012 at 8:22 am

You have the cutest shoes!!! Congrats on moving to a bigger server…that is exciting!! Have a fun weekend decorating!!!

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Thank you Jocelyn! I am not only addicted to sprinkles… but to shoes too. :) Have a nice weekend too!

Caitlin Hposted November 30, 2012 at 8:52 am

LOVE these pics hun! Absolutely gorgeous :) Umm and I want your dog…and those polka dotted ornaments…and the sparkly shoes….please and thank you ;)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hi dear Caitlin! Thank you so much for the compliment – that is my sister’s dog, Bailey. A cockipoo! He is too much. The ornaments.. i love polka dots :)

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chefposted November 30, 2012 at 9:18 am

what a cute running shirt!

Anndyposted November 30, 2012 at 9:39 am

My weekend plans? Obviously bake some delicious recipes from sally’s baking addiction!

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hi Anndy! That sounds like fun. :) Which recipes are you going to make? I’m making puppy chow this weekend. :)

Herbivore Triathleteposted November 30, 2012 at 9:52 am

Aww, cute dogs! Mine give me that same look, “Please? Can I have some food too?” Can’t resist the big brown eyes!
    ‘Tis the season for cookies, I’ve got a list of cookies I want to bake, lol! I am not a fan of cake, but surprisingly I love cupcakes! Have a great weekend.

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Bailey gave us the sad puppy eyes the whole time we were eating Thanksgiving dinner! I can never say no! Cookies cookies and more cookies.. i can’t stop baking them and I’m glad you’re with me! :)

Becky @ Olives n Wineposted November 30, 2012 at 9:58 am

Gorgeous photos! Love your sparkly shoes and the pups :)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hi Becky! Thank you so much. I love dogs. and sparkles. oh, and wine. like you!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted November 30, 2012 at 11:34 am

Eek, have a spectacular weekend decorating! Sounds like fun :)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

hope you have a great weekend too Hayl! And I have a gorgeous scarf to strut around in :)

Aliposted November 30, 2012 at 11:45 am

LOVE the running shirt! I ran the Twin Cities Marathon 10K in October and saw it at the Expo. The funny part is that the race was on my birthday, and my sister had made me birthday cupcakes the day before. So, of course, I brought one with me to the race and ate it right before the gun went off. It was fantastic.

That shirt described my day perfectly. :)

Can’t wait to see the next post of your Bites To Grow Your Blog series on Monday!

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Ali! I loved reading your little story! Congrats on the 10K girl! And Happy belated birthday – cupcakes have fueled my workouts in the past. Sugar rush! Love it. I’ll be posting that “blogging” post later in the week next week!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted November 30, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Girl I feel your pain with the migration and all what you went through. A necessary evil but hopefully it’s all behind you now! Love that Run Happy tshirt and your cute pink A&F hoodie…looks so snuggly on a crisp fall day. And I hope your day today is much calmer :)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

MUCH calmer, Averie! Everything seems to be fixed and I can respond to these comments now.

Now? I need wine. A lot of it.

Elaineposted November 30, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Love that I can see your reflection in the ornaments. :) And I fully support eating cupcakes for breakfast. If donuts and poptarts are acceptable, then cupcakes most certainly are!! Have a great weekend!

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hi Elaine! Yep, you can se me and my trusty best friend – my tripod. Erfect for my horribly dark apartment! Cupcakes for breakfast – let’s make tshirts about it or something :)

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted November 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I think we have the same Christmas tree ornaments! Target? I love polka dots! Also, I need that shirt, and of course the rest of the batch of sprinkle cookies. Who wants just 3 cookies? I’ll go for 2 dozen…. ;)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

TARGET! obviously! I buy a lot of my xmas decorations there! well, I buy alot of EVERYTHING there haha. buy this shirt! it’s so “you” – brooks sells it on their site.

Jennie @themessybakerblogposted November 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Your puppy is too cute, love those bulbs, and I’ll have three of those funfetti cookies too. Sally, do you live in Baltimore? I, too, live in Baltimore. Small world.

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Hey Jennie! Yes, I do live in Baltimore! Love it here. That photo is taken from my office building. :)

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted November 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm

You have a DOGGIE! :D I desperately want one.

I love that cupcake pillow! So cute. Your shoes are cute too. Actually, everything here is just plain cute. :)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Hi Erin! i am obsessed with this pillow – my sister got it for me :)

Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted November 30, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Beautiful pictures, Sally! I love seeing glimpses of bloggers’ lives outside of cupcakes and buttercream! :)

• Sallyreplied on November 30th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

so do i!! i like getting to know the girls/guys behind the blog and computer screen! thanks cassie, have a great weekend!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted November 30, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Oooh, cute puppy! Oooh, polka dot ornaments! Oooh, cupcake pillow!! SWOON!!

• Sallyreplied on December 1st, 2012 at 11:25 am

Anna we have the same taste- polka dots and cupcakes!!hope you’re having a great weekend!

Laura Dembowskiposted November 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I love your bites of real life posts, Sally :). Have fun decorating. Our house is almost done. It’s so nice to see all my favorite decorations again.

• Sallyreplied on December 1st, 2012 at 11:27 am

I miss the decorations during the rest of the year! Decorating is the most fun – aside from baking!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted December 1, 2012 at 1:26 am

I love all of these photos!!

Sally - only gluten free bakingposted December 1, 2012 at 6:08 am

Love all the photos, especially the harbour. Its great to see more of food bloggers outside the kitchen. Weekend plans hmm I made macarons, bought a roman themed dress for a Christmas party and I intend to swim in the pool with my kids tomorrow.

• Sallyreplied on December 1st, 2012 at 11:30 am

Macarons – I’ve been dying to make them!! I wish it was warm enough to swim here :) Have fun!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted December 1, 2012 at 10:05 am

I love all your shoes Sally! And that shirt. :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted December 1, 2012 at 11:01 am

Aw Bailey is so cute!!!

And I completely agree that cupcakes are totally a breakfast food. Obviously.

• Sallyreplied on December 1st, 2012 at 11:32 am

Great minds think alike – cupcakes for breakfast it is. :) thank you dear Kayle!

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchenposted December 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’ve been wanting a big dog like Jude forever! Except maybe even bigger. Great Dane…

I love all the pics!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted December 2, 2012 at 12:43 am

Awwww love the photos here! And your Jude is just too cute!

Reeniposted December 3, 2012 at 8:52 pm

So glad I didn’t miss this post Sally! I love having a peek inside your life. Your pics are gorgeous!

Angela @ AnotherBitePleaseposted December 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm

what a fun post…I am just getting caught up while on vacation…so yours was a fun one to to start with :-) ..I love that saying about frosting…I was cracking up!